Lieutenant Commander Data

Data and I sat next to each other as we painted a sleeping spot, just for a little fun we got some practice in before going to our shift.
Out of no where the ship started to lurch back and forth, And Our rooms communicator started going off, waking Spot and disturbing our peaceful morning. Data answered and nodded at me, signaling that we had to leave.
I sighed, setting down my pallet I fixed my ponytail and hurried to pull on my boots. Data was on the other side of the room, getting ready
"Hey, I'll see you later, be safe"
"I will y/n and I expect the same from you"
I smiled, parting quickly we both went out separate ways, Data to the bridge and myself to the med-bay.
It was only a few seconds after I stepped in the door that the red alert siren started going off.
"What's going on!"
I shouted above the quickly rising chaos, trying to get to Beverly.
"I don't know! Communications been cut off!"
She shouted, patients were being moved in, some carried by their fellow injured officers, nurses were trying to reach their patients, with the combinations of the red alert flashing lights and sirens, I wanted to scream and cry but I couldn't bring myself to stop.
"I'll see if I can get to the bridge, I might have better luck up there"
Beverly nodded before being pulled away by another nurse.
I pushed through the crowds, only to find the hallways packed like sardine cans, with my fellow officers just as confused as I am.
I got up a few floors until A sound similar to a thunder clap, rang out through the hallways, but I didn't stop, now pushing through still bodies of people.
Following the clap, there was only a few seconds of the floor around us groaning, before silence as the wall next to me tore open.

*TIMESKIP*
2nd PERSON POV

"I'm sorry data, we were lucky to even recover her body at all"
Beverly tried to console the Android who hadn't spoken in days.
Everyone knew that this wouldn't be easy for Data, he had lost someone before, but not like this.
When the Romulans attacked, the attack was brief but strong, they'd brought more ships with them then the enterprise could handle.
So once Beverly made it to the bridge herself, asking what had happened to y/n. They all realized the worst.
Recovery was only possible because you'd been caught by a bit of debris, Data himself went out to get you back.
After that All he did was sit with your body, or what remained of it, you looked nothing like before, your bright e/c eyes, now frozen open with one last look of terror.
The rest of you was too horrible to look at, you'd been exposed to space for far to long.
Geordi had come to sit with his friend, hoping maybe to get him to open up a little bit.
When he didn't say anything, Geordi just stayed still for a few more seconds until Data whispered
"I am aware of the concern for me, will you please pass on my thanks"
"Okay data... how are you doing?"
"I do not know how to express what I am, I function normally but I can not stop thinking about her, about how much pain she must have felt, how alone she was"
Geordi couldn't think of much else to say other than,
"Dealing with this kind of stuff is hard data"
"I am not sure how to process this loss, she would want me to understand it in my own way, and the only conclusion I can come to, is that I wish to hear her one last time, her laughter, the hope in her voice when she would talk about the most simple of things. I was so unaware of how much I would miss her"
Geordi already felt horrible for data, but that speech just hurt twice as bad.
"Data im so sorry, when we lose people we all look back and wish we hadn't wasted so much time, this is perfectly normal"

A FEW MONTHS LATER
*still second person POV*

Q excitedly danced around as he enjoyed the powers he'd just gotten back, Data had been helping him cope with being on the ship, and the possibility he wouldn't get the powers back.
Q was very curious about what had happened a few months ago, after Data told him about his lost love Q felt sympathy for the Android.
Resurrection wasn't that hard for a member of the Q continuum.
"I wish to show you a proper thank you for your kindness to me, goodbye my friend"
Q smiled as he disappeared leaving the bridge crew confused in his wake.
"Data? Where am I?"
He turned to the center of the room, to see you standing there, with an angelic glow surrounding you, without a second thought he burst out laughing, smiling as he stood up and dramatically kissed you.
Maybe all hope wasn't lost.