Commander William T. Riker

A/n: Reader is dealing with stress, and there is mentions of a panic attack. Please don't read if that is a trigger for you.

Will quietly opened the door, his head dropping as he picked up on your quiet sobs.
Laying down on the bed, a blanket covering your legs and you clutched a pillow to your chest.
The lights had been dimmed down considerably, but Will was more than aware that you had sensory issues when you were upset. Regardless, he felt his way around until he climbed in behind you.
His arm wrapped around you and the pillow, whispering soothing words, tangling his other hand in your hair.
You'd had panic attacks before, mostly when the overwhelming stress of the job kicked in.
You'd been working on your last job of your shift, when Will had come down to ask if you wanted to go to a party with him, something had started to go wrong on your computer, and your shift boss had come over to ask you some questions about your last report, it had been days of this, it had all built up and when it became too much, you froze, and waited until they were both gone before you dropped everything and when back to your quarters to try and calm down.
Turning over, you let go of the pillow, your arms wrapped around his waist.
The fear of failing everyone, the dread of making a mistake that could end horribly weighed heavy on you. Will did his best to reassure you, he was more than confident in you, he'd always been.
"I'm s-sorry, Will"
Your breath was getting steadier, but still your hands shook, Will held one of your hands in his, pressing a kiss to the back of your hand.
"I'm sorry y/n, I understand it's a lot to deal with, you should never be pushed this far"
Will squeezed your hand, before gently swiping away the tears from your cheeks.
"I should- I should be better about this"
Will was someone you knew you could let your guard down with, you didn't need to come up with some lie and say you were fine.
"It'll come to you, it will be okay, promise"
Falling into Will's chest, you hugged each other tightly for a few minutes.
Finally feeling together enough to pull away, Will got up, returning with some snacks and a tv remote.
"I'll be right here until I get called back okay?"
You nodded, Will pressed a kiss to your cheek before letting you snuggle up to him.
"I love you so much, we'll do better next time"
Will mumbled.
"Promise?"
"Promise, promise"