Ensign Pavel Chekov

"Oi lassie can you come 'ere a minute!" I jogged over to Scotty who was holding someone's upper half.
"Chekov is stuck, I need you to hold him up well I get up there and free his legs"
I nodded and I gently slid my arms around his torso,
"Hello, I'm Pavel" he groaned softly as he shifted
"Try not to move to much, Scotty will have you out of there in no time"
He nodded and I couldn't help but smile at the stranger, I felt butterflies in my stomach as he returned the smile.
"Y/n! Be ready to catch him"
I nodded again, moving my other arm from around his back to under his knees. We heard the metal straining for a few seconds before Pavel slid down into my arms.
"You alright?" I adjusted slightly and he groaned
"No, can you take me to the med-bay?" Scotty shouted down
"It's fine lassie"
I nodded, I made the executive decision to keep carrying him like this.
"What happened now?" I smiled at my brother, who helped me set down Pavel
"Mister Scott was showing me how to replace the panels on top of the pipe, and my legs were caught under some metal"
Leonard nodded and pulled out some supplies before he turned back to me
"You can go back to engineering now y/n"
I nodded, gently patted Pavels arm and left quietly.

2 WEEKS LATER

I was getting ready to start my shift, last night there was a small coolant leak, they repaired it quickly but it was the first thing I needed to do was to check on the leak and make sure nothing was wrong.
I was gathering some tools when I heard a cough from behind me
"Hello again" I turned around to see Pavel standing there smiling at me.
"Hey, how are your legs?" I brushed off my uniform as I stood up, he continued
"Oh fine, I was wondering if you could help me with some things?"
I nodded and he led me away and began to describe to me what was wrong, I thought it was sweet how much he cared and was trying. However most of this I knew that him and Scotty already went over most of this, especially went Scotty quit for a while most of these problems were easy to learn.
I waited until he was finished talking before I spoke up again
"Alright, Pavel Im slightly confused?"
He raised an eyebrow and I felt those familiar butterflies
"Isn't this something Scotty taught you already? I remember seeing you and Scotty working together on a water pipe"
He bit his lip, clearly he was thinking about what he was going to say.
He awkwardly chuckled
"Perhaps I wanted an excuse to spend more time with you"
I couldn't stop smiling when he looked down at the ground.
I opened my mouth to respond when I jumped at the sudden clanking noise, turning around I saw Scotty and Keenser eavesdropping on us.
I decided to ignore them for now,
"They probably won't go away"
I turned back to Pavel who seemed to be psyching himself up.
Suddenly the air seemed to tense up, in a good way
He leaned forward, gently brushing his lips against mine. I pulled away first, grinning like an idiot I pressed my forehead against his and we both laughed especially when I heard
"Awwwww, oops"