Commander Nyota Uhura

A/n: Floof333444555fox I'm sorry for how long this took, I hope you enjoy

When you were a kid, running around ekaf 2 life seemed almost too good to be true, the planet was a paradise, your family life was ideal, and then there was her.
Nyota lived next door, she told you her parents had moved there for a little bit while they tried to provide a life for their daughter.
You both hung out together almost every day since you met, for a while you just thought you'd found your best friend. After some time and when you started pulling pranks together you knew that you loved her.
As ideal as your young life seemed, soon it all seemed to slip through your grasp.
First, as soon as you both turned 15 Nyota moved away after her parents decided to move to earth, having gotten enough money to sustain themselves there, and so she could go to star-fleet, at least that's what she hoped for.
Then a few months later, your family had been convicted on cooked up charges, a rebellion had been forming for many months now, and many people believed that it was your family starting it, but they only cared about raising you.
You were never told why they had to die, but you were left to draw your own conclusions as you held your siblings dead bodies.
Years later, Nyota had moved on, well now she preferred to be called Uhura.
She made it to the academy, and graduated with flying colors. Also when she was there
Uhura had met Spock.
In all that time, so much had happened she'd almost entirely forgotten of you, but she hadn't forgotten of her feelings towards women.
She did love Spock a great deal, but she was young when they met, and still figuring herself out when she agreed to go out with him.
You tried hard to forget her, but every once and a while your thoughts would drift back to the pretty girl who lived next door. Completely unaware that to her, you were just a foggy memory.
That was until a new mission took the enterprise to a distant planet, that had built its society around the Wild West.
The planet seemed a little dangerous but they'd never been here before, it was all a big unknown.
You were there just because you wanted a good drink on a nearby planet.
After your family execution, you also went to Starfleet, for 2 years you lived as Ryanna Dawson, doing everything in your power to hide your name. Unfortunately good things never last and after a few suspicious teachers did some digging, you were swiftly kicked out.
Because of the implications of your name, you were kicked off planets, abused, refused jobs, ships stolen.
Smuggling was the fastest way to make a few bucks.
Uhura sat down next to you at the bar, when you looked over at her, she had her eyes trained on the bartender.
You gasped in shock when you heard her voice, in that instant you knew it had to be her.
"Excuse me, Are you Nyota ?"
You asked, gently
"Yes, I'm sorry I don't know you"
"Oh, my names Ryanna I was a friend of your friend"
"Oh who?"
She asked, finally seeing you in the light, and taking a liking to what she saw.
"Y/n l/n"
"I think I used to know her"
You grimaced at hearing how she'd forgotten you.
"She died, she was executed with her family"
You lied, now almost wishing you'd never seen her.
"Oh I'm so sorry for your loss"
That stung deeply, the tone of her voice made you get up from the bar, excusing yourself quietly.
You were about to go back to your ship when a distant scream took you by surprise.
Running back to the bar, You saw a random stranger holding a gun, and some of the men dressed in star fleet uniforms unconscious on the floor.
"Are you alright?"
Nyota was the only was still standing, she nodded briefly still entirely taken off guard by the whole situation.
The stranger was shaking, pointing the gun between you and her.
Taking a few steps forward slowly, waiting for the right time suddenly you lunged at the guy. Hoping to grab the gun, instead his finger squeezed the trigger and you felt a pain shoot through your entire abdomen.
You were still able to tackle him and get the gun, but instead when you rolled over it felt utterly impossible to stand up.
" I'm so sorry I forgot y/n, I'm so sorry"
Nyota leaned over you, trying to stop the bleeding, in the heat of the moment the memories suddenly came crashing back to her.
"You remember me, you remember.."
You whispered the last part, as everything went dark, a life of constant turmoil ending with a small bit of happiness.
Or so you thought.
Little bit more than a week later, uhura was sitting by your bedside watching, and waiting.
In that time she was able to pull up your record, she scoffed seeing everything you'd done, the memories of the troublemaker you once were coming back to her.
Along with all of her memories came back her feelings, she knew right away what the right thing to do was, breaking up with Spock was easier than she thought, she just hoped that you would still feel the same way.
She was half asleep, relaxing in a chair when a startled gasp suddenly made her shoot up from her chair
"Hey stranger"
She smiled, whispering she brushed a few stray hairs away from your face.
When you smiled back at her, she felt like her heart was doing flips in her chest.
"Hi"
You whispered back, your voice still hoarse. Your hand rested on hers.
"I can't believe you did that, after all it's been so long"
She stayed still, her other hand resting over the call button, ready to call the nurse at the first sign of any problems
"I already lost everyone I love, I couldn't live with the thought of losing you too"
The strength was slowly building in your voice, but you still felt woozy, like you weren't quite there.
"do you still love me?"
She almost felt stupid asking it, but she had to be sure.
"Of cours.."
You didn't finish your sentence, as Nyota fully knelt down, a gentle kiss quickly turned passionate as you deepened the kiss, enjoying every second until she pulled away.
"Oh You're awake"
Nyota quietly laughed to herself as she sat back down, as the nurse started checking your vitals.
You mouthed at her
"Seriously"