Commander Spock Pt. 1

Spock's voice gently read aloud, his deep voice rumbling against your ear as you rested in his lap.
The bandage that covered your latest injury, several severe burns on your arm and leg, meaning you'd been off duty until they healed completely.
In your time at the enterprise, Spock has become a sort of mentor to you, a good friend.
For most of your childhood, you spent it with your grandmother on Vulcan, in a province on the other side of Vulcan from where Spock grew up. He never wanted to tell you that he regretted never meeting you before starfleet.
He ought to have recognized it sooner, from the way your bowl cut had grown out to a curly mane.
Spock continued, until your breath had become steady, your lips softly parted as you fell into an even deeper sleep.
He gently closed the book, your grandmothers book of stories, the mad woman of Vulcan and her fairytales.
Spock leant forward to set the book down gently on the coffee table, waking you up somewhat in the process.
"Don't go yet, mmm you're very comfortable"
You mumbled quietly, hissing in pain as you accidentally used your wrong arm to reach for his arm, he hooked his arm under your leg, carefully before lifting you up.
He moved you to your bed, still being mindful of your injuries. Using your correct arm, you scooted back against your pillows, Spock laid down next to you letting you snuggle into his neck, your hand gingerly held onto his arm.
"I cannot stay for much longer, but hopefully long enough for you to remain comfortable"
"Thank you"
You mumbled, sleep quickly retaking you.
Spock reached up using his other arm, letting his fingers touch to your own. Before he let out a small sigh, shaking his head at his own ridiculous emotions.