Commander Spock

"Spock no!"
"let me go to my husband.. please"
You whispered to Bones, your throat was too tight to raise your voice, the curled silhouette of your husband in the radiation chamber shattered your heart.
He let go of you and Jim slowly, the moment your hands collided with the glass, another voice came into the room, and a gut wrenching cry escaped your lips- the sound of your toddler, swiftly being caught by Bones and Scotty blocking his view.
Spock stood slowly, adjusting his uniform before turning, struggling to walk but he made his way to the glass.
"Oh Spock- I"
"The ship- is out of danger, you and our son, are safe, I did this to save you both- it was only logical"
You cracked a little smile, like you always did when he pointed out something was 'only logical' he let out a groan before falling to the floor.
"The needs of the many- outweigh..."
He coughed to hard to get out the words, Jim finished for him.
"I have always- and shall always be your friend"
Spock's eye met yours again, as he placed his hands on the glass, for a moment in your mind every time those eyes looked into yours replayed- all the times your heart beat quickened and love seemed to pulse from every vein in your body, now they'd all gone numb. Then the thought crossed your mind.
"This is it"
This will be the last time you see him, the last time your eyes meet his, the last time you hear his voice.
"There's so much to say Spock- but not enough time"
"The only thing- we have.. ever needed to say I. Love you"
Spock fell to the floor unmoving, for a moment, hot tears flowed down your cheeks and you knelt down to where his head rested and pressed your forehead to the glass. Before crashing into Jim, he whispered apologies as you both sobbed.
After the incident with the Romulans, it had become a joke between Spock, Jim, and yourself, that Jim would always be there to protect you.
He realized in the moment, he failed. He promised, and he failed.
"Do you want to tell him alone?"
Jim asked the moment you pulled away.
"No- no I couldn't"
You both stood up, clearing the way as two people in radiation suits moved to enter the room and get Spock.
Bones and Scotty were still both sitting with him, playing with his toy rattle.
"Where's dad?"
McCoy asked, climbing into your arms.
Bones and Scotty moved, but didn't leave, the three of them forming a protective circle around you.
"He's not coming sweetheart- the ship was on the brink of destruction and the only way- the only way he could have saved us- he gave up his life, so that we could live ours"
Tears welled in your baby's eyes, for a moment Spock's voice came back to you.
"It was only logical"

Spock laid with you, his arm wrapped around your shoulders and the other holding your brand new babes hand.
"What should he be called?"
Before Spock could respond, the door slid open, and in came Bones trying to push Vice Admiral Jones out of the room. Jones was sort of your boss, he could basically tell you when he wanted you to work and when he didn't. Since your job basically required you to be a Jack of all trades.
"SIR. This woman has just given birth to a wonderful healthy little Vulcan, and you will NOT be disturbing her. Am I clear."
Bones growled, both you and Spock looked at each other in surprise, and Jones left without starting a fight.
"I've got a name"
Both men turned towards you.
"McCoy, I've always liked it"