Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Hey dad"
I rested my head on his shoulder, the lights were slightly dimmed in his ready room.
"Why aren't you sleeping? You leave for the academy tomorrow"
"I couldn't sleep... besides you were making so much noise how could I-"
I paused as he rolled his eyes, he pulled my arm down onto the chair next to him.
"Tell me what's bothering you"
"Everything! Leaving the ship, leaving you what if I never get to come back"
He smiled faintly, tapping his finger against the ring he gave me years ago.
"What are you smiling about! There is a lot of serious things about to happened in less then 10 hours!"
I whisper shouted, he linked his hands with mine
"You've met all of your teachers, you know where you are going, you've our grown your need for me to hold your hand y/n"
"I don't feel like it some times, at times I wish I was still 7 years old, when you'd carry me through markets and we played when things were simpler"
I sighed slumping my shoulders causing him to smile at me. I shook my head giggling
"We're making a return voyage just for you to go to the academy don't make me turn us around again"
Jean-Luc stood up, pushing his chair next to mine.
"You don't seem that sad that I'm leaving"
"And whether we shall meet again I know not. therefore our everlasting farewell take:
For ever, and for ever, farewell,
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made."
He quoted Shakespeare with his usual elegance brushing my hair gently.
"I do care deeply that you are leaving y/n, it hurts my heart in ways I cannot explain to see my baby going into the world alone, but I did make a promise to your mother, that one day whatever you chose to do, I would be supporting you until you see it through"
He leant his head on my shoulder, I turned fully in my chair wrapping my arms around his middle.

**TIME SKIP**

"Alright do you have all of your clothes and your toothbrush?"
Beverly asked me for the tenth time, walking towards the cargo deck.
"Yes, I've had everything I need ready the last ten times you asked me that"
"Sorry, I Just had to make sure"
she rubbed my shoulder, before we came inside the other bridge crew waiting in a line to say goodbye.
Hugging Geordi and Worf, I grinned trying to hide the tears threatening to fall from my eyes, saying goodbye to the people I've known for such a long portion of my life.
"Make sure dad looks after himself, I left some sheet music in my room, if you want it?"
he nodded pulling me into a tight.. tight hug.
"Of course y/n, don't you worry about anything"
"Thank you... data, I'll owe you one forever with everything you've done for me"
"That seems highly unrealistic for us, but you are my friend. You owe me nothing"
"Still, please take this, just so that one day if you think of me, you'll have something to remember me by"
Placing my ring on his palm, he attempted to slide it on his finger but it only went past his first knuckle, I smiled pulling away from Data.
Jean-Luc had tears welling in his eyes, gently tugging on my elbow as he pulled me into a hug. We didn't speak for a few moments, until everyone came around us pulling me into a hug.
"This is it, I don't know if I'm ready"
I panicked for a moment, but Dad gently held both my arms.
"You are ready y/n"
"I hate to break up a goodbye but we should get going"
Admiral Archie walked out of the carrier ship and stood by the door, crossing his arms over his chest.
"Goodbye dad"
"Au revoir mon amour"