Chapter 21: The Department of Mysteries

Hope's POV:

We meet Ron, Ginny, Neville, and Luna on the bridge. "How did you get away?" Hermione asks. "Puking Pastilles. It wasn't pretty." Ginny explains. "Told them I was hungry, wanted some sweets." Ron grins, handing us our wands.

"Course, they told me to bugger off and ate the lot themselves." "That was clever Ron." Hermione says, shocked. "It's been known to happen." "It was brilliant." Neville beams before turning to us. "So, how are we getting to London." There's a bit of silence.

"Look, it's not like I don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you, but...I've got you into enough trouble as it is." He goes to walk away. "Dumbledore's Army is supposed to be about doing something real. Or was all that just words to you?" Neville asks. I step forward.

"You don't have to do this alone Harry. If you try to tackle everything on your own, you're not going to win." I tell him. There's a pause. "So how are we going to get to London." Luna and I exchange a look. "We fly of course." She grins.

Luna and I lead Harry and the others to the Thestrals. Once we've gotten Neville, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione on one Luna takes on of the last two and Harry and I climb on one together. "Ready?" He asks everyone. They nod and with that we take off flying.

It's night by the time we reach the Ministry. Once we're inside we all are towards the Department of Mysteries. The elevator ride is quick and soon we're in the right department. "This is it." Harry tells us.

When we open the door, all there is are rows and rows of, probably millions of crystal balls. Harry leads us cautiously through the isles, their wands lit up. "Post tenebras spero lucem." I mutter, an orb of light illuminating the room more than the wands are.

"Thanks Hope." Harry says. I nod and we continue forward. We stop and Harry continues, stopping a few feet away from us. There's nothing and no one here. "He should be here." Harry calls. "Harry." Neville calls out. "It's got your name on it." I turn and look at the orb.

Harry walks over and picks it up hesitantly. Harry stares at it intensely for a second when I feel the feeling of being watched. I whip around to see a silver masked figure in all black approaching us. "Harry." I call out. He whips around and walks to where he's right in front of us.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry calls out. "You know, you really hold learn to tell the difference between dreams...and reality." As the figure says this they take out their wand and remove the mask, revealing Lucius Malfoy himself. I glare.

"You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Nope, hand me the prophecy." "You do anything to us, I'll break it." There's an evil cackle. This one is a female voice. A woman steps forward and I can practically smell the insanity off her.

"He knows how to play...itty, bitty, baby, Potter." She says. "Bellatrix Lastrange." Neville says. "Neville Longbottom is it? How's mum and dad?" "Better now that they're about to be avenged." Neville snaps, rushing forward. Harry, Ron, and I stop him as Bellatrix raises her wand.

"Now, let's everybody just clam down. Shall we? All we want is that prophecy." "Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry asks. "You dare speak his name? You filthy half-blood!" Bellatrix yells.

"It's all right, he's just a curious lad, aren't you?" Lucius says, trying to tame the woman. "Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made. Which is lucky for you, really." More Death Eaters appear in the isles.

"Haven't you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord? Hm? Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant?" He continues walking forward. I step forward. "Back up." I snarl, glaring. He stops.

"Don't you want to know the secret of your scar. All the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do is give it to me, I can show you everything." We're surrounded. "I've waited 14 years." "I know." He glances at me and I nod. I know the plan.

I drop the light orb and grip my wand. "I guess I can wait a little longer." "STUPIFY!" We all cast, knocking them backwards as we take off running. Malfoy appears in our path. We change directions quickly, scattering. Luna and I end up together.

She runs into a Death Eater who hits her. I glare and raise my hand. "Fluctus Impulsa!" He goes flying backwards and I help her up before we continue running. We run into Neville. "Petrificus Totalus." He casts.. The Death Eater lay there unmoving. "Nice one Neville." Luna grins.

I grab both of their arms and force them to follow me through this maze. We all finally collide in the middle. Harry's eyes find mine, concern evident in them. I just nod. He nods back as the Death Eaters in smoke form appear. "Stand back." I tell them. 

They all get behind me as I let out an ear piercing scream

They all get behind me as I let out an ear piercing scream. A wave of energy flows out of my body, hitting the oncoming Death Eaters and making them crash to the ground, passed out. There's silence and then all the orbs start to fall. "Run. Run!" I yell, pushing them forward.

"Get to the door!" Harry calls out. Orbs are falling left and right and now we're having to dodge them so that they don't hit us. We finally reach the door, but as soon as we all step through we plummet towards the ground. Well this is not the way I thought I would die.