Chapter 11: Harry Potter Has The Worst Luck Imaginable

Hope's POV:

A few days go by and things still haven't calmed down. I'm starting to wonder if it ever will. Right now Harry and I are by the lake with Neville who is actually in the lake. "Amazing." Neville exclaims. I sigh. He's done this at least three times today. "Amazing."

"Neville. You're doing it again." Harry tells him. "Oh. Right, sorry." The poor boy says. "'Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs'?" Harry asks when he sees the cover of one of Neville's books. "Moody gave it to me. That day we had tea."

"Just because he lent him a book doesn't make up for what he did in that class." I grumble to Harry as I write a spell in my grimoire. I raise my hand towards a near by flower. "Crescere arbor." It starts to grow and bloom. I grin at its success and write it down. "Amazing Hope." Neville grins.

I smile back. I'm glad I don't have to hide that part of me from his as well. Neville's a sweet guy and a great friend. He's been here for Harry even though everyone else is against him. He's also been helping me with Herbology. For some reason it's the one class I can't seem to grasp.

We don't have plants like that in my world. At least, I don't think we do. I hear muttering and I turn to see Ginny, Ron, and Hermione walking towards us. I grin at the girls and send a glare towards Ron. Harry turns as well, seeing my face. Harry stands and helps me to my feet as well.

I smile my thanks as we walk towards the group. Hermione steps forwards. "Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him...that Dean was told by Pavarti that Hagrid's looking for you." She says. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. What?

"Is that right? Well, you...What?" She looks stressed. "Uh..." She turns and walks back towards Ron. He whispers something to her and she comes back. "Dean was told by Pavarti that...please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you." She turns to leave.

"Well you can tell Ronald-" "I'm not an owl!" She snaps before the three of them walk off. I sigh, running a hand through my hair. This whole things with Ron is creating riffs between Hermione and Harry and I as well. At least Ginny doesn't seem to care. I look up at Harry.

"Any idea what Hagrid could want?" I ask him. He shakes his head. "No, not a clue. You're coming with me right?" I nod, smirking. "As if I'd let you go alone." He grins and wraps an arm around me.

We turn back towards the lake where Neville is still standing, looking at different water plants. "Hey Nev, Hagrid wants to see Harry. We'll catch you later ok?" I tell him. He nods and continues to rifle through the murky water. Together Harry and I head towards Hagrid's hut.

"Hey Harry, Hope, come in, come in." "You said you were looking for Harry?" I ask. "Yeah, I have something to show him, but tonight. Come around 10, and bring your father's cloak ok? It's very important." He tells us. We nod and exit the hut. "I wonder what's up with him.

He seems flustered." I say. "No idea. Come on, it'll be dark soon and dinner is about to start." He tells me. I nod and we walk towards the castle. Dinner goes by fast and soon we're headed up to the Gryffindor Common Room to wait for the time to go down to Hagrid's.

We decided to both go under the cloak since there's only two of us. When the clock hits ten there's no one left in the Common Room. Harry races to his dormitory and comes back with the cloak, and with that we take off towards Hagrid's hut.

He meets us at the door and leads us towards the forest with his lantern in hand. "Did you bring your father's cloak like I asked you?" He asks Harry. "Yeah, I brought the cloak. Hagrid, where are we going?" He asks.

"You'll see soon enough. Pay attention, this is important. You too Hope, I figure you'll know what to do with that." "What?" I ask, completely confused. "What's with the flower. Hagrid, have you combed your hair?" Harry asks. I narrow my eyes.

"You were flustered earlier. Who are you meeting Hagrid?" I ask. "No one, and Harry, you might want to try the same thing now and again." He tells him, meaning Harry's unbelievable untamed hair. I smirk at the green eyed boy and he just looks down. Suddenly there's a loud screech.

My eyes widen and I glance at Harry who's eyes are squinted in confusion. "Hagrid?" A voice suddenly calls out. My eyes widen in recognition. Hagrid rushes forwards. "Oh, the cloak, put the cloak on. "He tells us. Harry quickly takes it and wraps it around the two of us.

We follow behind Hagrid and see him walk straight up to the Headmistress from Beauxbatons. Harry's eyes widen. "I thought perhaps you had forgotten me." "I would never forget you Olympe." He tells her. Harry gags and I elbow him. "Hey!" He grumbles quietly.

"That was sweet now shush." I mutter. He just rolls his eyes. The two of them start walking away and we follow them. Hagrid moves some brush to reveal a clearing full of four crates. Before I can think to ask what it is a column of fire shoots into the sky. My eyes widen.

"Dragons." I breath. I look at a terrified Harry. I grab onto his free hand and he holds onto mine tightly. We start backing away and soon we're out of the couple's eyesight. Harry takes off the cloak and turns to me, fear in his eyes. "Dragons?" He asks. I nod.

"Why does it have to be Dragons? Why couldn't it be something simple. That's that first task?" He asks. I nod again. "What am I going to do?" "I don't know, but we'll figure it out. I won't let you get barbecued." "That's reassuring." He grumbles. I sigh and pull him into a tight hug.

"Nothin is going to happen to you." I mumble into his shoulder. He hugs me back tightly, burying his face in my hair. I can feel the fear rolling off of him. We soon pull away. "Do you think the others know?" I ask. "No, I don't."

"Well then you should mention it to them, or at least Cedric. Karkaroff probably already knows and Fleur is gonna hear from Madam Maxime. He can't walk into that unknowingly." I tell him. He nods, something flashing in his eyes. "You're right. I'll tell Cedric tomorrow." I nod.

I grab onto his hand again. "Come on, we should get going." He nods and together we make our way back to the castle. Dragons. Harry Potter has the worst luck imaginable.