Chapter 2: Our Infamous Late Night Talks

Hope's POV:

When we finally get all of Harry's things set in Ron's room we all sit on his floor around a floating, burning piece of the Daily Prophet. Harry is leaning against Ron's bed and I'm curled into his side, head on his shoulder.

His free hand, the one that's not holding his want, is grasping mine firmly, but gently. I still can't believe he's here. He turns to Hermione. "When did you get here?" He asks her. "A few days ago. Though for a while, I wasn't sure I was coming." She explains, glancing over at Ron.

Harry and I also redirect our attention towards our red haired friend. "Mum sort of lost it last week. Said Ginny, Hope, and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. That it's too dangerous." He explains. Harry looks down at me, shocked. I hadn't told him about this.

I didn't want him to worry. "Oh come on." He starts. "She's not alone. Even my parents, and they're muggles, know something bad's happening." Hermione defends. "Anyway, dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy and it took a few days, but she came around." He finishes.

"But this is Hogwarts we're talking about. It's Dumbledore. What could be safer?" Harry asks. Hermione and I exchange a look. "There's been a lot of talk recently that Dumbledore's got a bit old." Hermione explains.

"Rubbish. Well, he's only...what is he?" Harry asks, not too sure on our Headmaster's age. "Hundred and fifty, give or take a few years...or decades." We all crack up at this. He's about as old as the Salvatore Brothers were the other world.

My laughing stops, though my friends don't notice. The other world. I think this is the first time I've referred to my original world as anything other than 'my world'. The realization hits me that it's not my world any more. Not really. I look around at my friends and boyfriend and smile.

This world is my world now. A warm feeling runs through me. After another hour Hermione heads towards mine and Ginny's room to get some sleep while Ron crashes on his bed, snoring loudly in the process.

Not wanting to wake anyone Harry and I head downstairs and sit on the couch how we would if we were back at Hogwarts on our couch. "I've missed you. This summer has been...aweful." I mutter. I feel him nod.

"I know the feeling. Even when we 'saw' each other...it pained me that I couldn't actually touch you. Hold you." It's my turn to nod. The spell I found was a blessing and a curse. I could talk to him whenever I want, but I couldn't touch him.

Over the years I've learned that I seek physical touch. It helps me decipher what's real and what's not. This summer almost felt like a dream in which I never wanted to wake up, and in the same instance, that's all I wanted to do.

Harry didn't seem real to me and nod, with him holding me, I've never been so sure of something. We sit in silence for a few second before he breaks it. "Why didn't you tell me about Mrs. Weasley?" He asks, looking down at me. I sigh. I knew this would come up.

"I'm sorry for not telling you, I just didn't want you to worry. I just...I just want one year to be worry free for us. Every year it's been like everything falls on our shoulders, and I didn't want this one to start off in that direction." He raises his eyebrows.

"Besides, I knew her threat wasn't serious. It's Mrs. Weasley, she just worries about us." He nods. "You know you can tell me anything, right. Even if it might worry me?" "I know, and I know you only worry because you care about me, I'm just not used to having someone like you."

"Hope we've known each other for six years." "For five of those years we were friends only. Now we're together and I know you're gonna be there for me to help me shoulder these responsibilities, but I'm not used to having someone there. You've got to give me time to adjust."

He nods thoughtfully. "I know this is all knew to you. It's new to me too, but Hope, we're always been a team. You've never been alone from the moment we met and you will never be alone ever again." I sigh, looking down.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Harry. As much as I want what you're saying to be true, I can't put faith in it until Voldemort is gone and out of our lives for good. Things always seem to end with the people I care about the most dying or leaving and I can't watch you die or leave."

I shake my head, tears coming to my eyes. Harry pulls me even closer to his body at the sight of my tears. I'm practically in his lap by now as he holds me tightly to him, soothing me. After a few moments I speak. "Harry?" "Yeah." "No matter what happens, promise me we do this together."

I feel him hesitate before he agrees with me. "I promise. Whatever happens, we do together." I relax the tiniest bit at his words. "You know, I've realized something." "What?" I ask, curious. "We always have our best conversations at night when we're the only ones awake." I smile at this.

"You're right. Our infamous late night talks are a staple in our relationship." I joke. He chuckles. "We have seriously messed up sleep schedules." I actually laugh at this, trying to quiet myself as to not wake anyone else in the house up. He laughs as well. "It's our thing." I tell him.

His smile widens. "We have a thing." "If sleep deprivation can be a thing, then sure." "Well then it's settled." I laugh and lay my head down on his chest, snuggling into his side. He runs his fingers through my hair, soothing me. I yawn and curl up further into his side.

My smile remains on my face for the rest of the night and soon darkness envelopes me and I drift off into the most peaceful sleep I've had this summer. I fall asleep in the arms of my soulmate.