Chapter 20: Hermione and Hagrid's Return and My Gift

Hope's POV:

It's been a few days since the chamber incident and most of the petrified people are normal again. Justin came up to Harry and apologize to him for how rude he was. Harry, Ron, and I are at dinner when Neville gets our attention. "Hope, look, it's Hermione." He says. 

My head snaps towards the door. I grin wide when I see my best friend standing there. I jump up from my seat with Ron and Harry in tow. Hermione and I sprint towards each other and engulf each other in a hug. 

"You have no idea how much I missed you. Those two were about to drive me insane." I joke. She just laughs. We let go and she hugs Harry. Whens he pulls away from him her and Ron go to hug each there when they stop and just awkwardly shake hands. I glance at Harry and we both smile. 

Things are defiantly back to normal. "It's good to be back. Congratulations, I can't believe you solved it." She says. "Well we had a ton of help from you." I say. "We couldn't have done it without you." Harry agrees. "Thanks." She says. McGonagall rings her glass. 

"Can I have your attention please?" We rush to sit down at the Gryffindor table. "Before we begin the feast. Let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout, Madam Pomphrey. The mandrake juice has been successfully administered to all who had been petrified." He says. 

Everyone cheers. "Also, in light of recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been canceled." Everyone cheered louder for this. Everyone except for Hermione. I laugh when she mutter 'no' under her breath several times. 

The cheering dies down when the doors to the Great Hall burst open and Hagrid walks through. My grin widens even more, if that's possible. "Sorry I'm late. The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confuse. Some ruddy bird named Errol." 

I hold back a laugh at Ron and Ginny's red faces. Hagrid stops behind the four of us. We turn and smile at him. "Well, I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you Harry, and Ron, and Hermione, and Hope of course, I'd uh, I'd still be you know where. I'd just like to say thanks." 

Harry stands up and I look at him questioningly. "There's no Hogwarts without you Hagrid." Then he hugs him. I smile. Dumbledore then stands up and starts clapping. Everyone else in the hall except for the Slytherins join in as well. 

Harry wraps and arm around my shoulder and I lean my head on his shoulder. "Everything alright?" He asks. I grin up at him. "Everything's perfect." Once the clapping dies down everyone sits and the feast begins. We all just talk and enjoy each others company. 

The last few weeks of school go by and soon it's leaving day. I don't want to leave, but I know that I have to so that I can return next year. Everyone's boarding the train at the moment, but I'm rummaging through my bag trying to find something I've been working on since last Christmas. 

When I find it I shove it in my robes and go off to find my friends. Most of the train ride is normal, we talk and mess around and eat all the sweets. When Hermione and Ron leave to go change into muggle clothes I stop Harry before he leaves with them. 

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask him. He nods, curious. We sit down. "What is it?" "Remember last Christmas, when you showed us the Mirror of Erised?" I ask. He nods, confused. "What about it?" 

"Well, you saw that I drew what I saw in the mirror so that the mirror didn't tempt me. The night I had Dumbledore talk to you about going to visit it I asked for one more thing. I asked for a picture of your parents." I say. He looks confused. 

I then take the rolled up parchment from my robe and hand it to him. He takes it and unrolls it. Several emotions flash through his eyes at once. He looks up at me and pulls me into a hug. "Thank you Hope, you have no idea how much this means to me." He pulls away. 

"I do actually. Whenever I look at pictures of my mom and did I remember everything they sacrificed so that I could be here today. I remember them and that's the best way I've found to keep their memory alive." I say. He grins. "You really are the best friend Hope Mikaelson." I laugh.

"Well, since I didn't have any friends before I came here, I'd have to say I learned fro the best." He laughs too. "Come on, let's go get changed. We'll be arriving soon." He says. I nod, grinning, following him out of the compartment. Once I'm changed I head back to the compartment. 

We spend the last few minutes of the trip just enjoying each other's company and talking about what we're planning to do over break. "I'm so excited that you're coming over for the summer Hope. It's like one big sleep over." Hermione says, grinning from ear to ear. I smile back. 

"I'm excited too. I've never actually been to a sleep over before." I admit, blushing. Her eyes widen. "What?" "Yeah, I know, crazy right." "Well I'm going to show you the ins and outs." She declares. I laugh and nod. Finally the train comes to a halt and we get up and gather our things. 

Before I walk over to Weasley family I walk over to Harry who looks like he's deciding whether to go over to his Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin, or not. "Hey." I say. He turns and grins. "Hey." "You better not forget to write me. You don't have the excuse of Dobby this summer." I say. He laughs. 

"Duly noted. The same goes for you. I want to hear how summer at the Grangers is." He says. I laugh. "I'll keep you updated on all the girl talk." He just smiles. "Well, you better get over there before you Uncle turns even more purple." I say. He nods, sighing. 

"Be careful Harry, I mean it." He nods and I pull him in to a hug. It's short and when I pull away I give him one last smile before walking over to the Weasleys. Mrs. Weasley fauns over me, hugging me multiple times and checking me over for injury, though I don't know why.

Talking about how in awe of me she is that I offered myself in Ginny's place and that if I ever do that again she's grounding me. I smile, but when I look at her I see my mom. This makes me smile even more. All my parents ever wanted was for me to be happy, and now I am. 

Maybe the spell that send me here found me on purpose. Whatever the case, this is my new life, and I can't be more grateful.