Chapter 6: My Family and Blood on the Walls

Hope's POV:

That night before dinner Harry and Ron take off towards detention and Hermione and I head to the library to get started on the work we were assigned for this week. Why do the teachers here have to assign so much work.

"I really miss my old school when the professors assign stuff like this." I grumble, finishing my second essay of the night. "Why? Do they not assign this much work?" She asks. "No. It's more hands on things. Also, the books in our library are way better than the ones here."

"Would you ever go back?" She asks me. "What?" "To your old school, would you ever go back?" She asks. I smile at her reassuringly, knowing in my mind that I would never abandon my family given a choice.

"Oh, I don't know. Probably not. I mean, I would love to visit my home again, but I wouldn't just leave you, Ron, or Harry. You guys and the Weasleys are my family now. To me family is Always and Forever. My dad taught me that." I say.

"Seems like you dad knew what he was talking about." She says. "Yeah, he did. No matter how bad things got, it was always family above all." "Tell me about them. I know your grandmother was a witch as well as two of your aunts, but what else?" I sigh.

"Well, my father had 6 siblings, all were born witches. One was taken and raised by my aunt Dahlia who is a very powerful witch, the others were raised by my grandmother and her husband, Mikael. Mikael is my father's step father." "Wow, that's a lot. You have a big family."

I laugh a little. "I know, right? Anyways, Mikael and my father never got along since my father was a product of my grandmother's unfaithfulness to Mikael." I explain. She nods her head in understanding.

"The oldest, the one raised by my great aunt, is Freya, then there's Finn, Elijah, my dad, Kol, Rebekah, and Henrik, although I never knew uncle Henrik, he died long before I was born. Werewolf attack." I explain. Her eyes widen.

"Really? I've heard how bad werewolf attacks can be, I'm sorry." She says. "It's fine, really. I never knew him. It was a really long time ago. Anyways, from them I have two more aunts and an uncle. Davina, Keelin, and Marcel." I finish. "Wow, like I said, big family." She says.

"Yeah, and that's on my dad's side. My mom was orphaned at a young age, but she eventually found a, uh, tribe which was her family. After she had me she married a man named Jackson. Eventually it was just her." I say. "I'm sorry Hope." She says.

"It's fine, I've had time to mourn. Three years almost, since my parents death. Kinda hard to believe. I've lost a lot. My grandparents on my mom's side, my grandparents on my dad's side, my uncle Elijah, my dad, my mom, my uncle Henrik, aunt Dahlia, my godmother, Camille." I list.

"I'm truly am sorry Hope, I didn't mean to bring it up." She says. "Don't worry, you're fine. Like I said, I've had time to mourn." I tell her. She nods, giving me a soft smile. "Well. I think that we've done enough studying for tonight. Come on, Harry and Ron should be out of detention by now."

I nod, gathering my things and stuffing them into my bag. Once everything is gathered we exit the library and walk round, trying to find our two guy friends. Plus I'm super hungry and it's past time for dinner. We find Ron fairly quickly. "You seen Harry?" Ron asks. I shake my head.

"He must still be in detention. Come on, it's time for dinner." Hermione suggest. We both nod and head towards the Great Hall. Thirty minutes into dinner I start to get worried. Where is Harry? "Guy, I'm worried about him." I say, voicing my concern. Hermione nods in agreement.

"Me too. He should have been here by now." She says. "I'm going to go look for him." I say. They both nod and stand. With that we exit the Great Hall and go off to search for him. I hope he's ok, it's not like him to miss dinner. We soon find him, but he looks frantic and disassociated.