Chapter 7: Memories

Hope's POV:

After classes are done for the day Harry explains that Dumbledore would like to speak to him so I let him go and Hermione and I head to the library, leaving Ron to do whatever he wishes. "What do you think Dumbledore wanted with Harry?" Hermione asks as we take our normal places.

I shrug, opening my book to start on our DADA homework. "No clue. My question, though, is why didn't he ask to see me as well? If it has something to do with Harry then it's usually something to do with Voldemort." She shrugs. 

"Maybe it's nothing major. I mean, maybe it's not about You Know Who." "Maybe." Though, my tone isn't convinced. We spend most of the afternoon in there until dinner. When I spot Harry sitting with Ron in our usual place I pick up my speed, taking my place beside him. 

"What did Dumbledore want with you?" I ask him. He looks hesitant, but one glance at my curious face he sighs. "I'll tell you later tonight. Too many prying ears." He explains. I nod and with that we go to forget about the topic as dinner commences. 

After dinner the four of us head up to the Common Room where we take our normal spaces by the fire. We chat about our days, but seeing as we spend all day everyday together it isn't a long conversation so we resort to working on our DADA homework. 

Snape really had to give us a massive essay to write on the first day, didn't he. Around midnight Hermione and Ron both head to bed while I decide it's time to stop writing and just relax. I am kinda tired after today. I've been feeling really tired lately and I have no idea why. 

After I put away my things I curl into Harry's side and his arm immediately wraps around me and his head falls on top of mine. "So what did Dumbledore want with you? Nothing too bad, right?" I ask, not looking up at in, just staring into he fire place. 

"No, not really. He showed me something." My brows furrow that his. "What did he show you and what do you mean by 'not really'?" "Well, she showed me a memory. Voldemort's memory back when he was Tom Riddle. He showed me the day he met him." 

"What happened the day they met?" Harry then proceeds to explain to me what he saw in the bowl, I think he called it a pensive. I listen quietly as he talks, no wanting him to leave anything out if we get sidetracked. Once he's finished, we sit in silence as I think. 

"Why would he show you something like that?" I ask, sitting up and facing him on the couch. He does the same as he shrugs. "I think he just wants me to know how he became who he is so that I know who I'm facing. There's something else as well." "What?" 

"Before he brought me to the Burrow this summer, he took me somewhere else." He never told me this. "He took me to Professor Slughorn to convince him to come back and teach. He then told me that Professor Slughorn would try to collect me." "Collect you? What does that mean?" 

"Not too sure, but there's something Slughorn has, a memory, and Dumbledore needs it." "Why does he need it?" What could be in this memory that is so important that Dumbledore is going to allow Slughorn to 'collect' Harry for it?

"I'm not too sure on that, but if he needs it then there's a chance that it has to do with Tom Riddle, Slughorn was his favorite professor here when he was in school, before he fully became Voldemort." He explains. "So what, you're just gonna let him 'collect' you?" He shrugs. 

"I guess, I mean, if this gives us an edge on Voldemort then I say it's worth it." I nod, then think about it. "Did Dumbledore say anything about me?" "What do you mean?" "I mean, he told Slughorn what I am. I'm pretty sure he told him everything about what I am." His eyes widen.

"Did he say that when he talked to you the other day after class?" I shake my head. "No, but I saw it on his face when he learned my name. He knows. Do you think that he only collects people who are unique." "How do you mean?" He asks. 

"I mean, you're The Boy Who Lived, maybe Dumbledore knows that Slughorn would want a tribrid under his belt." He nods, deep in thought. "That could be why he told him. I mean, your theory does make sense. I say, we both go for it. I say we both get close to Slughorn." "You do?"

He nods. "I promised you that we're in this together, that means that we do this together. We get that memory together. I'm not leaving you in the dark with this." I smile at this. With Dumbledore talking to Harry in private, I was nervous that he might try to do this without me.

I'm glad to hear that he doesn't plan on doing anything of the sort. "And I won't leave you alone in this. We'll do this together." "Together." With that we go back to our original positions, relaxing by the fire in comfortable silence. 

That's one of the best things about mine and Harry's relationship. We don't have to talk when we're together. I've always been more of the alone time loving type of person, with Harry, we just simply exist together and that's enough. It's always been enough for us. 

We never do too much or too little. No forced interactions or conversations. No awkward silences. Just us. I smile at the thought, grateful that Harry can't currently see my giddy, wide grin. 

As we sit by the fire, slowly drifting off to sleep, I close my eyes, letting my guard down, knowing that the person holding me cares about me and isn't going anywhere. With those thoughts, I drift off into sleep.