Chapter 8: A Hogsmead Buddy and Jealous Harry

Hope's POV:

It's been a few days since Harry's name was pulled out of the Goblet with the rest of the champions and Ron is being an arrogant asshole towards Harry. The whole school seems to be giving him glares and mumbling about him behind his back. 

I'm currently on my way to the Black Lake to study with him when I feel a hand grab mine. I whip around to see Cedric. "Oh, hey." I say, blushing a little. "Hey Hope." I lookup at him. "Did you need something?" I ask. "Yes, well, there was something I wanted to ask you." 

"Oh, ok, what is it?" "Well, the first Hogsmead trip is coming up and I was wondering if you would like to go." He says, smiling kindly at me. My eyes widen in surprise. "You want me to go to Hogsmead with you?" I ask for clarification. 

"Uh, yeah. I do. You know, just to hang out and get to know each other. I actually have something I need your help with." He states. I let out a breath of relief. Thank God it's not a date. Cedric's a nice guy. Very nice in fact. I've heard him trying to get him friends to stop talking about Harry. 

While he is nice I don't know how I feel about him yet, and I wouldn't want to lead him on. I mean, I think I have feelings for him, but I don't want to hurt him if they aren't those types of feelings. I smile at him. 

"I would love to. What do you need my help with?" I ask. "Can't tell you here, it's a secret. I'll meet you in the Great Hall right before we leave. I'll see you later Hope." He says before rushing off towards his next class. 

With that I continue my trek towards the lake. When I get there Harry is already waiting. He gives me a look of confusion. "What are you so happy for?" He asks. I give him a look of fake hurt. "What? I can't be happy now?" I ask him. He just rolls his eyes. "Seriously, what's up?" 

"Well if you must know, Cedric asked me to go to Hogsmead with him." I tell him. Something flashes across his face. "What?" "Yeah, I know, I was shocked too." I say, taking my seat beside the lake and grabbing my books. 

"So you two are going on a date? I don't think that's such a good idea. He's way too old for you Hope." Harry tells me, sitting next to me. I furrow my brows and turn to look at him. "What do you mean 'he's way too old for me'? He's only three years older than us Harry. 

What's it matter to you anyways?" I ask. "I'm just looking out for you." I roll my eyes. "Seriously? Cedric is a very nice guy, he won't try anything. Besides, it's not a date. He just wants to talk to me about somethings." "Are you sure it's not a date? Did he say it wasn't a date?" 

"Seriously? What is with you? It's not a date. Even if it was, what's it have to do with you? It's not effecting you in any way so you shouldn't have a problem with it. Besides, even if you do have a problem with it, it's not your decision." I snap. 

"I'm just looking out for you, it's clear he's only interested so he can beat me in the tournament." He snaps back. That sets me off. I shove my things into my bag and stand up. I glare down at the boy who has a look of regret on his face. 

"You know Harry, guys can be interested in me without having you in mind. I'm not a horrible looking girl and my personality isn't bad either. So when you get your head out of your ass, come find me." I say, storming back towards the castle. 

I head Harry yelling my name, apologizing, but I don't listen. I'm too angry at him right now. When I reach Gryffindor Tower I head straight up towards the girl's dormitory. Hermione is in there, looming over a book. Her head snaps up when she hears me enter the room. 

She smiles at me, but her smile quickly fades when she notices how upset I am. "What's wrong?" She asks, closing her book. I toss my bag down and fling myself onto my bed. "Why are boys stupid?" I ask her. She sighs and comes over, sitting on the side of my bed. "What did Harry do?"

"We were supposed to study by the Black Lake before class and I was on my way there when Cedric stopped me and asked if I wanted to go to Hogsmead with him-" "Wait! Cedric asked you to go to Hogsmead with him? On a date?" She asks. When I look up at her she's beaming. 

"Not like that. We were just gonna talk and get to know each other. You know, like people who want to become friends do. Anyways. I said yes and then I told Harry and he blew up at me, saying that Cedric only wants to hang out with me so that he can beat Harry in the tournament. 

I sit up and face her. "I mean, I'm not that bad looking or mean, am I? Guys can be interested in me right?" I ask her. She rolls her eyes. "You are seriously blind Hope. Tons of guys at this school fancy you, and Harry, by the sounds of it, is jealous." She says. I scrunch my eyebrows together. 

"Jealous? Yeah right Mione, Harry isn't jealous, he's being an ass." I tell her. "Thank about it. He only started acting this way since Cedric started showing interest in you. Even you can connect the dots on this one." She says, grinning at me. I look down at my hands. 

Could Harry really be jealous? If he is, does that mean he likes me too? I run my hands through my hair. "I don't get it, if he likes me then he should just tell me." I grumble. She rolls her eyes. "Let's be honesty Hope, do you really think he's going to be the one to make the first move?" 

I groan and lay back down on my bed. "This is so frustrating! Why are men so complicated?" I mumble. "That my friend is an answer I don't even have." She laughs. I throw a pillow at her, but her laughter doesn't stop. She just throws it back and walks back over to her bed. 

I curl up, holding onto the pillow. Could Harry really be jealous?