Chapter 6: Wedding Disaster

Hope's POV:

After the reading of the will and his warning, the Minister leaves for the Ministry while the wedding starts up. In all honestly, it's a beautiful wedding. Very lively. Not as intimate with only family as Freya and Keelin's was, but lovely nonetheless. 

For as much hell as Fleur gave Ginny and Mrs. Weasley, I can tell they are all happy with how it turned out. Currently, the reception is taking place. Dancing, drinks, chattering. I haven't smile this much in what feels like years. It feels good to relax and just be for a little while. No stress. 

No worries. Celebrating the love of two people. Currently, Hermione and I are standing, watching Fleur and Bill dance to an upbeat tune while everyone claps to the beat. Harry walked off to go get some fresh air and should be back soon. 

"One day it'll be you and Harry dancing like that." She tells me with a smile. I smile back, not voicing my thoughts as it would only ruin the good mood everyone is in. As Fleur and Bill start to spin, a look of love on each of their faces, I smile. 

"Tomar lento. Na paz, amor." I mutter, subtitling moving my hand to face the beautiful white flowers above Fleur and Bill's heads. In a beautiful shower of petals, Fleur and Bill both grin while everyone gasps in amazement at the display. "You always impress me." She tells me.

I smile back at her. "That was a minor spell Hermione. Nothing impressive." I remind her. She smiles back, knowingly. "I didn't mean your gifts, though they do impress me as well. I meant your heart. No matter how much has happened, you still find it in your heart to do kind favors."

I shrug. "The Weasleys have all be a family to me since I've been here. The least I can do it make their son's wedding a bit more magical." She just grins at me, looping her arm through mine. Suddenly, Fred appears in front of us, arm outstretched and a smile on his face. 

"Hope, may I have the honor?" His voice is teaseing slightly. I grin. "Why of course sir. I'll be right back." I tell my best friend. She nods, smiling as I let Fred take me out onto the dance floor. "So, what is it you wanted to tell me?" I ask as we start to dance to the upbeat music. 

His grin doesn't falter. "How do you know I wanted to speak about anything and not just dance with a lovely girl?" He asks. I roll my eyes, smiling. "Because, I have known you since I was ten. You and your brother only do things with purpose and normally that purpose is a prank. 

He grins up at me. "You know me too well Hopey." "So what is it?" His teasing smile fades into a genuine one. "I never truly got to thank you properly for what you did for George." I smile up at him. "I didn't do anything. All I did was close an open wound. I didn't grow his ear back." 

"I know, but still. Thank you." "Of course. I would do the same thing for you without hesitance. Anyone in your family actually. You all have been unbelievably kind to me since I got here." His joking smile is back. "Well, we very well couldn't have just left you, people would talk." 

I laugh at his words. "I suppose they would. The horror." Now we're both cracking up. Despite me being closer to Ron and Ginny, Fred and George have always been like brothers to me. The annoying ones you just can't help but love. 

All the Weasleys are special to me, but the twins hold a very special place in my heart. Once the dance is over I thank Fred for the dance before looking around for Hermione. I find Harry instead. Grinning. I make my way over to him. He's seated by two people I do not know. 

I wonder what they're talking about. Is it related tot he Horcruxes? Do they know something? Did they know Dumbledore? Endless possibilities behind why he could be conversing with two strangers. "Hope." Harry grins as I finally reach his side. 

He stands, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Blimey, you're Hope Mikaelson, are you not?" The man asks. "I am." "It is an honor, Miss Mikaelson. A true honor." He tells me. I smile, but efore I can say anything else, I feel a magical presence getting closer. I tense up. 

"Hope? What is it?" "Something's coming." I mutter. That's when a bright blue or be crashes into the tent, having over the center of the dance floor. Everyone gasps and steps back. I rush to the front, standing in front of Harry who follows behind me. 

Kingsley's voice comes out of the orb as images float around. "The Ministry has fallen. The Minister of Magic is dead. They are coming. They are coming." He warns. With that the orb disappears and everyone breaks out into screams. The wedding turns to chaos. 

"We have to find Hermione and Ron." I say, turning to Harry as we are continuously shoved by the terrified wedding guests. "Nice meeting you Mr. Potter, Miss Mikaelson." The old man says, apparating away. "Come on." I say, grabbing onto his hand and shoving through the crowd.

That's when the dark mist of the Death Eaters appear. My eyes widen as I pick of the pace, actively using my extra strength to get through the screaming crowd. I turn to see Ginny fighting a Death Eater on her own. She looks to be struggling as well. "GINNY!" I scream, rushing forward. 

"HOPE NO! GO! GO!" Lupin screams, grabbing me and pushing me back into Harry's chest. "GINNY!" I scream again. "Hope, we can't. I'm sorry." Harry whispers to me. "HOPE! HARRY! COME ON!" Hermione calls as her and Ron appear by our sides. 

Once we're all linked, Hermione apparates us away.