Chapter 19: Lucius Malfoy, the Idiot in Need of a Haircut

Hope's POV:

When Fawkes lands Professor McGonagall is waiting for us. "Ginny dear, come with me. As for you three, Dumbledore wants to have a word with you." She says. We lower our heads and nod, heading off to his office. I say the password and we head up. He is waiting for us. 

"You three do realize that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules." "Yes sir." We say. "I have sufficient evidence to have you both expelled." He says. I glance at the boys in worry. I have no where else to go except back to the Weasleys. "Yes sir." We say. 

"Therefore, it is only fitting that you all receive special rewards for services to the school." He says. Our eyes widen. "Thanks sir." Ron says. I'm grinning at the point. "Now, Mr. Weasley, if you would, send an owl to deliver these release papers to Azkaban." He says. Ron runs off. 

Dumbledore turns to us. "Harry, Hope, first, I want to thank you both. You must have shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could have called Fawkes to you." He says. I glance at the bird and grin. 

"And second, I sense that something is troubling you. Am I right Harry?" He asks the boy next to me. "It's just, you see sir, I couldn't help but wonder, there are certain things. Certain similarities between Tom Riddle and me." He says. 

"You can speak Parseltounge Harry because Voldemort could speak Parseltounge. If I'm not mistaken Harry, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar. "Voldemort transferred some of his powers to me?" Harry asks. Dumbledore nods. 

"So the sorting hat was right, I should be in Slytherin." Harry says, upset. "It's true Harry, you possess a lot of the qualities that Voldemort himself prizes. Determination, resourcefulness, if I do say so, a certain disregard for the rules." I smile at this one. 

"Why then did the sorting hat place you in Gryffindor?" He asks. "Because I asked it to." "Exactly Harry, exactly. That's what makes you different from Voldemort. It is not our abilities that show who we truly are. It is our choices." He says. I smile at this. 

"If you want more proof that you belong in Gryffindor, I suggest you look more closely at this." Dumbledore says, holding up the bloody sword. Harry takes it and looks at the blade. "Godric Gryffindor." He reads. "It takes a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the hat." 

Suddenly Dumbledore's office door slams open and in walks Lucius Malfoy. I'm still on a high from taking down Voldemort so easily. I can take on an idiot in need of a hair cut. A house elf appears behind his cloak. 

I glance at Harry and from the shocked look on his face I suspect that this is Dobby. "Dobby! So this is your master. The family you serve is the Malfoy's." He says. Poor elf. "I'll deal with you later." Malfoy senior tells the elf. He marches up to Dumbledore's desk. 

"Out of my way Potter, Mikaelson." He snarls. We move aside. "So, it's true, you have returned." He says. "When the governors learned that Arther Weasley's daughter and adopted daughter were taken into the chamber, they saw fit to summon me back." He explains. 

"Ridiculous." "Curiously Lucius, most of them were under the impression that you would curse their families if they didn't agree to suspend me in the first place." I smirk. "How dare you." "I beg your pardon?" 

"My sole concern has always been and will always be the welfare of this school and of course it's students." He says, glancing at Harry and I. "I assume the culprit has been identified?" He asks. "Oh yes." "And? Who was it?" Dumbledore glances at us before turning back to Malfoy. 

"Voldemort." "Ah." "Only, this time he chose to act through somebody else by means of this." He says, holding up the diary. I watch Malfoy's face flash with fear for a millisecond before returning to normal. 

I feel a tug on my robe to find Dobby nodding his head towards Malfoy and gesturing toward the diary. That son of a bitch. "Luckily Mr. Potter and Miss Mikaelson discovered it. One hopes that no more of Lord Voldemort's old school things should find their way into innocent hands."

Malfoy pales. "Consequences for the one responsible would be severe." "Well, let us hope that Mr. Potter and Miss Mikaelson will always be around to save the day." He say. I glare. "We will be. Every. Single. Time." I say. Harry nods in agreement. "Dumbledore. Come Dobby." He says. 

He kicks the house elf down the steps and I flinch. Then they're out the door. Harry walks over and places the sword down. "Sir, I was wondering if I could have that?" He asks, nodding to the diary. Dumbledore nods and Harry grabs it, racing out the door. 

I go to follow when Dumbledore stops me. "Miss Mikaelson, I wish to have a word with you in private." He says. I turn and nod, walking up to me. "Now, what matter is on your mind?" He asks. I sigh and lower my head. "I don't know what to do." "About what?" 

"About my friends and my secret. Down in the chamber Harry was poisoned by the basilisk and Fawkes saved him, but what if Fawkes wasn't there. I would have had to expose myself fully." "Well he is your friend isn't he?" He asks. 

"He is, but I don't want my friends looking at me any differently. I've finally have a home where no one knows how dangerous I am and no one is judging me because I'm different. I have a family here and I don't want to ruin it." 

"Hope, I cannot tell you when or how you should tell them, but know this. The longer you keep this to yourself, the more you will push them away. Tell them before you've pushed them too far." He says. I nod, thinking over his words. "Thank you professor." 

He nods and I head out the door. I find Malfoy looking furious and Dobby holding a sock. "Is everything ok?" I ask, walking next to Harry. "You lost me my servant!" Malfoy yells, pulling out his want. I glare and step in front of Harry. "Avada-" 

"You shall not harm Harry Potter." Dobby says, stepping in front of both of us. With a flick he sends Malfoy flying backwards with silver sparks from his hand. I smirk. I like this little guy. Malfoy stands, glaring. 

"Your parents were meddlesome fools too. Mark my words Potter, you will one day meet the same sticky end." I glare and step forward. "I'll give you the same threat I gave Lord Voldemort down in the chamber after I kicked his ass when he threatened my friends-" 

Malfoy's eyes widen at the news. "Come after anyone I love and I will personally make sure you that when you die, it will be by my hands and you will have no after life." I snarl. His eyes widen in fear before he runs off. "You really said that to Voldemort?" Harry asks. 

I smirk and turn around. "Well, I left out the part about shredding his soul, but yeah, basically." He smiles at me. Then I pull him into a spontaneous hug. He doesn't say anything, just hugs me tighter. "I'm really glad you're ok." I say. 

"Me too. When Ron and I heard you were taken into the chamber with Ginny, I was so scared you were gone for good." He says. I smile at this. "Can't get rid of me that easily." I pull away and smile at him. Then I remember Dobby is there by him speaking. 

"Harry Potter free Dobby. How can Dobby ever repay him?" He asks. "Never try to save my life again." He says. I laugh and Dobby turns to me, smiling. "I'm Hope by the way." He just smiles at me. Then he snaps his fingers and is gone. I turn to Harry. 

"Come on, I'm tired and in need of a shower." He laughs and we make our way towards Gryffindor Tower.