Chapter 11: Christmas

Hope's POV:

By the time I get to the Common Room on Christmas morning Harry and Ron have already opened gifts. "Merry Christmas you two." I say, skipping over to them. "Happy Christmas Hope." The chorus. "Your presents are over there." Ron says, pointing to a significant stack.

My eyes widen. "I have presents?" I ask. "Yeah." Ron says. I sit down on the floor and grab the first one. It's from Hermione. I quickly open it and find a journal with my initials, stitched into it. I then read her note for me.

Hope,

You know what this is for. It is my wish that one day you will be going through this with your children and showing them your ways and that you will think of me, your first friend.

Happy Christmas, Hermione

I smile at this and place the note in the cover of the journal. I then go through the rest of my presents. Ron got me a load of sweets and a broom servicing kit. Molly and Arther gave me homemade fudge and a black sweater with a gold 'H' on it.

Fred and George gave me some prototype pranks. The Quidditch team even got my a hoodie in Gryffindor colors that says Mikaelson and 22, my number, on the back. It also have the Gryffindor seal on it. Finally I get to Harry's present. I open it to find a necklace.

I remember showing him my family crest sometime ago. I drew it out for him. The necklace is the Mikaelson 'M'. I smile and turn to the messy haired boy. "Thank you Harry, this means a lot to me. Actually, I have your presents upstairs." I say.

I rush up the stairs to the girl's dormitory and grab the two small boxes from my trunk. I already gave Hermione hers. I rush back down and hand them both the boxes. "What is it?" Ron asks, pulling the necklace out.

"Where I'm from, the stone, lapis lazuli, is very special and magical

"Where I'm from, the stone, lapis lazuli, is very special and magical. I found some and spelled the necklace so that if you're ever in danger and I am not there, I will know and I will help you." I explain. "Thank you." Harry says. Ron just smiles at me. 

"Oh, Hope, you'll never guess what Harry got sent." Ron says. "What?" "An invisibility cloak." My eyes widen. "Really? From who?" "No idea, but I'm going to use it to look in the restricted section tonight." He says. "I'll go too." I say. 

"No, you stay here and I promise that if I find anything, I'll come and get the two of you." He says. I give him an unsure look. "Promise." He says. I sigh. "Whatever. Just be careful, ok?" I ask. He nods. The day goes on like normal. 

The three of us actually end up outside having a snowball fight. I won, obviously, but Ron is a sore loser. By the time night time comes I'm impatient. Harry left a few minutes ago and Ron is asleep. Suddenly the door to the Common Room bursts open by an invisible force. 

"Harry?" I ask. "Wait here for a minute Hope, there's something you and Ron have got to see." He says. I nod and hear him climbing up the stairs. When he comes back down with Ron he throws the cloak over all three of us and we run through different corridors until we get to a room.