Chapter 14: Peter Pettigrew Revealed

Hope's POV:

Harry's eyes flicker between Snape and Black. He wants to know more. I'm going to make sure he knows everything about who really betrayed his parents. "Ah vengeance is sweet. I hoped to be the one to catch you." Snape says.

"Severus-" Lupin tries, but the wand flashes to him instead of Black. "I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into he castle and now here's the proof." Snape says. He sounds like a school kid getting back at his bulli-oh. That makes a lot of sense with the way he treats Lupin.

"Brilliant Snape. Once again you put your keen mind to the task and once again you have come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to." Black says only for Snape to dig his want into his throat.

"Give me a reason, I beg you." "Severus, don't be a fool." "He can't help it, it's habit." Black quips. If the situation was less serious I would laugh. I see Harry reach for Hermione's wand. Might as well be the one to get into trouble. "Sirius, be quiet."

"Oh, be quiet yourself Remus." "Well, look at you two, quarreling like an old married couple." "Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set." Black says. Ok, enough of this. We need to hear about who really betrayed Harry's parents and Snape will never let them explain.

He's so wrapped up in his school boy idea of revenge. "I could do it you know, but why deny the dementors? They've been so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear? A dementor's kiss, one can only imagine what that must be like." A dementor's kiss? What the hell is that?

"It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best." Snape snarls. I roll my eyes and storm up to him. "What are you doing Mikaelson?" He asks. I raise my hand. "Ad somnum." I say and Snape drops to the ground, unconscious. "Hope, what did you just do?" Ron asks, shocked.

"You attacked a teacher." Hermione exclaims. "He'll be fine in thirty minutes, Harry deserves an explanation." I say, rolling my eyes. I look at Harry who nods his thanks. "Tell me about Peter Pettigrew." Harry says, stepping up beside me.

"He was at school with us, we thought he was our friend." Lupin says. "No, Pettigrew's dead, you killed him." Harry says, looking at Black. Lupin steps in between Black and myself. "No he isn't. I thought so too until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the map." "The map was lying."

"The map never lies. Pettigrew's alive, and he's right there.' Black says, pointing to Ron. More specifically, Scabbers. My eyes widen, he's an animagus too. "Me, he's mental." Ron says. "Not you, your rat." "Scabbers has been in my family for-"

"12 years. Curiously long life for the common garden rat. He's missing a toe isn't he?" Black asks. "So what?" "All they could find of Pettigrew was-" "A finger. The dirty coward cut it off so that everyone would think he was dead, and then he transformed into a rat." Sirius says.

"Show me." Harry says. Sirius goes to grab Scabbers who is squealing uncontrollably. Ron is resisting. "Ron let go." I say. "Give it to him Ron." Harry urges. "Scabbers! Leave him alone!" Ron yells as Sirius gets Scabbers out of his hands. 

Remus grabs my wand off the ground and points it at Scabbers. Then Sirius releases him. Scabbers races across the room and is almost through a mouse hole when one of them men's spells hits him and he starts to grow, his body turning into that of a plump man. 

My eyes widen as I pull Harry behind me even more. They were telling the truth. Sirius Black is innocent. They pull him up and shove him to the middle of the room. "Remus, Sirius, my old friends." He says before making a break for the door. 

The two men catching him and push him backwards. He then turns to Harry. "Harry, look at you, you look so much like your father. We were the best of friends." He says, trying to get to Harry around me. 

"How dare you speak to Harry. How dare you talk about James in front of him." Sirius snaps, pulling him away from me and Harry. Harry pulls me to his chest. Holding my hand tightly. "You sold James and Lily to Voldemort didn't you?" Remus asks. 

"I didn't mean to, the Dark Lord, you have no idea the weapons he possess. Sirius, what would you have done? What would you have done?" Peter asks. "I would have died! I would have died rather than betray my friends!" Sirius yells. Peter gets around them and goes from the door. 

Harry lets go of me and blocks his exit. He whispers something into Harry's ear that I can't hear. "You should have realize Peter, that if Voldemort didn't kill you then we would. Together." Sirius says. "No!" Harry yells. "Harry, this man-" 

"I know what he is, but we'll take him to the castle." Harry says. "Oh, bless you boy, bless you." Pettigrew says, kneeling to the ground. "Get up. I said we'd take you to the castle. After that the dementors can have you." He says. I smirk and walk up to him. "Prohibere." I say. 

Pettigrew's arms snap to his sides. Sirius looks at me, thankful. He gives Lupin back his wand and Lupin hands me mine. Harry grabs his before him and Sirius go over to Ron and help him to his feet. We all look at the passed out Snape and decide to leave him there. 

He'll wakeup soon enough. With that we make our way out of the Shrieking Shack. Lupin has Pettigrew who can only move his legs, Sirius and Harry have Ron, Hermione is brining up the back and I'm leading the way. Time to get justice for Sirius.