Chapter 15: Follow the Spiders

Hope's POV:

That night, after McGonagall gives us the new rules, there is a knock on the dormitory door. The other girls are at dinner, but I didn't feel like going. When I open the door Ginny is standing outside. "Harry and Ron asked me to come get you, they need to talk to you." She tells me.

I nod and she rushes off, hopefully to dinner. I walk downstairs to the empty Common Room. Ron and Harry are waiting for me. "What's up?" I ask as I get closer. "We're going to talk to Hagrid tonight with my dad's invisibility cloak." Harry tells me. I nod. "Ok, when?" I ask.

"After everyone else is asleep." "Ok, I'll see you guys later." "Are you not going to dinner?" Harry asks. I shake my head. I need to continue looking for this thing. Hermione was obviously too close to finding out.

"Hermione and I were closer to figuring out the monster that did this before, you know. Anyways, I'm gonna continue to go through her books to see if she found anything else." I tell them. They nod, and go to leave.

"Go on Ron, I'm going to talk to her for a second. I'll meet you outside." Harry says. Ron nods and walks through the portrait hole. "I'm fine." I tell him before he can say anything. "No you're not, I get that you want to find this thing, I do too, but starving yourself won't help anyone." He says.

I roll my eyes. "I'm not starving myself." I tell him. "Not yet, but I saw the way you looked earlier, you're going to kill yourself over finding this thing. Just remember that you need to take care of yourself as well." He tells me. I give him a small smile at his thoughtfulness. "I will." I say.

He nods and goes to exit when I stop him. "And Harry?" I say. He turns to face me. I walk over and kiss his cheek. "Thank you for looking after me." With that I head back upstairs. I spend most of the night studying Hermione's notes.

When the other girls come back I wait till they've all showered and gotten in bed before grabbing some clothes to change into and heading into the bathroom to change. Once I'm dressed. I pull my hair into a pony before peaking outside to the sleeping girls.

 I pull my hair into a pony before peaking outside to the sleeping girls

I quietly sneak past them, down the stairs and into the Common Room. Harry and Ron are waiting for me. "Ready?" Harry asks. I nod. He throws the cloak over him and Ron and I take a deep breath. "Invisique." I mutter. "Great, lets go." Harry's bodiless voice says. 

I nod and we walk out of the portrait hole and down the stairs. I don't know where they are, but I know they're somewhere in front of me due to their footfalls. When we get outside I hear their footsteps quicken and I know they're running so I pick up my pace. 

We get to Hagrid's front door quickly. They knock on the front door. "Who's there?" Hagrid calls. The door swings open revealing a crossbow wielding Hagrid. I smile at how much it reminds me of Dr. Saltzman. "Hello? Hello?" He calls. 

Harry and Ron take off the cloak and while they are I drop the invisibility spell. Hagrid lets out a breath of relief. "What's that for?" Harry asks, eyeing the crossbow. "Oh, nothing. I-uh, I was expecting, uh, never mind. Come on in. I just made some tea." He says. 

We nod and walk into the home. Harry, Ron, and I all manage to squeeze onto one of his giant chairs. He pours us all some tea, but he's shaking so much he's spilling it. "Hagrid, are you ok?" Harry asks. "I'm fine, I'm alright." He says. "Did you hear about Hermione?" He asks. 

"Oh yeah, I heard about that alright." "Look, we have to ask you something. Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?" Harry asks. Hagrid lets out a breath. "What you have to understand about that is-" He is cut off by someone knocking on the door. 

Fang begins to bark loudly. "Quick, under the cloak." He tells us. We nod. I don't have time to do my spell before Harry is pulling me to his chest and throwing the cloak over all three of us. I give him a questioning look, but he just shakes his head. Hagrid opens the door. 

Dumbledore and some other guy is standing at the door. "Professor Dumbledore sir."  He greets. "Good evening Hagrid. I was wondering if we could..." Dumbledore trails off. "Of course sir, come on in." He says. "That's dad's boss, Cornelius Fudge. Minister of Magic." Ron whispers. 

I furrow my brows. What's going on? "bad business Hagrid, very bad business. Had to come, three attacks on Muggle Borns. Things have gone far enough, the Ministry's got to act." Fudge says. 

"Well, I've never, well, you know I've never, Professor." Hagrid says, basically pleading with Dumbledore. "I want it understood Cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence." Dumbledore says. "Albus, look, Hagrid's record is against him, I've got to take him." He says. 

"Take me? Take me where? Not Azkaban prison." He says. No. I go to take a step forward, but Harry tightens his hold around my waist. I look back at him, tears welling in my eyes. He shakes his head. I look back at the scene unfolding in front of me. They can't take him. They just can't.

"I'm afraid I have no choice." Fudge says. Suddenly the door opens and in walks Lucius Malfoy. I glare at the man. He has a smug look on his face. "Already here Fudge? Good." He says. "What are you doing here? Get out of my house." Hagrid says. 

"Believe me, I take absolutely no pleasure being inside your...you call this a house?" He asks. I glare at him. He doesn't have to be rude. "No, I simply called up the school and was told the Headmaster was here." He says. Now what. "And what exactly is it that you want with me?" 

"The Governors and I have decided that it's time for you to step aside. This is an order of suspension." Lucius says, holding out a role of parchment. Even Fudge looks shocked. "You'll find all twelve signatures on it. I'm afraid we feel you've rather, lost your touch." I glare. 

"You know, with all these attacks, there will be no Muggle Borns left at the school. I can only imagine what an awful loss that would be to the school." He says. I can feel my eyes shift into their golden state. I'm shaking. "Hope, calm down." Harry whispers. 

"You can't take Professor Dumbledore away. Take him away and the Muggle Borns won't stand a chance. You mock my words, there'll be killings next." Hagrid says. "You think so?" Malfoy asks. I'm going to wring his neck next time I get the chance. 

"Calm yourself Hagrid. If the governors desire my removal, I will of course, step aside. However, you'll find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." He says. He looks past Malfoy straight into my eyes. I nod and somehow I feel as if he can see me. 

Malfoy turns, but obviously doesn't see us. "Shall we?" He asks. He then proceeds to walk out the door, followed by Dumbledore. "Fudge." I hear Malfoy call to the Minister. "Come along Hagrid." "Well, uh, if anybody was looking for some stuff, then all they would have to do would be to follow the spiders. Yep, that'd lead them right. That's all I have to say." 

With that Fudge and Hagrid leave the house. We throw the cloak off of us once the door closes. "Hagrid's right, with Dumbledore gone, there'll be an attack a day." Ron says. "Look." Harry says, walking over to the window. Tens of little spiders are crawling through it. 

"Come on." Harry says, walking towards the door. "Come on Fang." He says, grabbing a lamp. We exit the house and find the window where there spiders are exiting from. "Come on." I say, starting to walk. "What?" Ron asks, his voice cracking. 

"You heard what Hagrid said. Follow the spiders." Harry tells him. "But they're heading into the Dark Forest." Ron says. I roll my eyes and start after them. Harry drags Ron with him. "Why spiders? Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?" 

With that we dive into the Dark Forest, hoping to find some sort of answer to this giant question of what creature is in the chamber.

A/N: Decided to write a lot today so here come several chapters. My final chapter for the Chamber of Secrets book will be out tonight and tomorrow I will publish my first part for the Agent Mikaelson book. Hope everyone is well!

~Isabell