Chapter 8: There's Healing Potions For This

Hope's POV:

After dinner Harry and I head toward's Umbridge's office for detention. When we get there I cringe. Everything is pink and covered in cats. I look over and I think I notice her tea and sugar are pink as well. This lady had a problem. Well...more than one. 

"Good evening Mr. Potter. Miss Mikaelson. Sit." She says, motioning to the desk in the corner. You're going to be doing some lines for me today." She tells us. We reach for our quills, but she stops us. 

"No, not with your quills. You're going to be using a few special ones of mine." She says, setting two quills down in front of us. "Now...I want you to write. I must not tell lies." "How many times?" Harry asks. "Well, let's say, for as long as it takes fro the message to sink in." 

She goes to walk to the other side of the office. "You haven't given us any ink." "Oh, you won't need any ink." She explains. Shaking my head I got to start writing. As I begin my lines I notice a scraping feeling on the back of mud left hand. 

Confused I look over and my eyes widen to see the words 'I must not tell lies' appear on the back of my hand before slowly fading with my enhanced healing. This bitch. I look at Harry and notice that it's happening to him as well. Concerned. I mutter a quick spell under my breath. 

"Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala." He lets out a sigh of relief and smiles at me. I give a tight one back. I might not to be able to fully concentrate on writing while I'm keeping his pain at bay, but it'll work for now. Umbridge walks back over to us. "Yes?" She asks all innocently. 

"Nothing." Harry tells her. "That's right. Because you know, deep down, you deserve to be punished. Don't you Mr. Potter. Miss Mikaelson. Go on." She tells him. I glare at her before a smirk make it's way onto my face. 

"No, we don't deserve this, but pain relieving spells do wonders. Also, there's healing potions for this. I think low enough of you to know you'd try something." I smirk, raising my unmarked hand. She's seething. "Those are against the rules." She says, lips quivering in anger. 

"No they aren't. Check the rule book. I'm not yelling, I'm speaking calmly. There is no rule that says I have to like or respect you. I'll continue writing just to feel satisfied that you can't touch me Professor. You also can't hurt Harry too bad either. How does it feel Professor?" I ask. 

There's silence as I go back to my writings. When we're done Harry and I leave the office without another word to her. "That was brilliant Hope." "It was nothing." I say. "No, really." I smile at him. "Come on. Hermione and Ron." 

Before we can walk any further I turn to him and take his bleeding hand. "I'm fine. Thanks to you it doesn't hurt too much." "Shut up and let me work my magic." I smirk. I place a soft hand over the words and mutter a little under my breath. Heat emits from my palm and I smile. 

When it fades I remove my hand to see that Harry's hand is completely healed. "Thank you. Really." "It's nothing. Besides, when she sees they're gone she'll be furious. A win win if you ask me." He sends me a smile. "You are something else Hope Mikaelson." 

"Why thank you very much, I pride myself in that fact Harry Potter." I loop my arm thorough his and together we make our way back to the Common Room. Day after day Harry and I go to detention.

Every day that I spend three hours keeping a pain relief spell up I feel more and more drained. That's a long time to do a spell. Finally, when we leave our last detention with Umbridge, my nose starts to bleed. "Whoa, what's wrong? What's happened?" Harry asks me, concerned. 

"I'm fine Harry. I'm just tired. Give me your hand." I say, reaching for his injured hand. "No! You're already tired enough on my behalf. I'll be fine." He says, pulling away from me so that his hand is out of my reach. 

"It's either I heal you with magic or I slip blood into your pumpkin juice tomorrow morning. Besides, tonight was our last detention. I'm sure I can avoid getting it for a few days to recover." I try to reason.

He still doesn't give me his hand and I sigh, reaching for it, but instead of only gripping the one I grab both and make him look at me. He's very worried. "Hey, I'm fine. I'll be fine. One more spell won't kill me. Honestly, just let me do this. Please." I whisper, looking straight into his eyes. 

He's still hesitantly before he raises his hand. I let go of his right one and place my now free hand over the words. Once the heat fades I remove my hand and grab his other one once more. I smile softly up at him. 

"There, now let's get back. Hermione and Ron said they'd wait up for us and it's getting late." I tell him. He nods and we walk hand in hand back to the Common Room. When we get there I smile at the picture in front of us. 

Hermione and Ron both fell asleep together on the other couch run the Common Room. "When do you figure they'll get together?" I ask him. "Bet you ten galleons that it's by the end of the year." He mutters back. I smirk. 

"You're on Potter. I bet it's by the end of sixth year. We both know Ron will screw this up at least once." I tell him. "Deal. We should probably head to bed. You're right. It is pretty late. Should we wake them?" He asks. I shake my head. 

"Leave them be. We're not the only ones who've had a rough couple of months." I tell him. He nods and with that the two of us head to bed. Little did was know, the worst has yet to come and detentions wouldn't be our only issue.