Chapter 17: Taken Into the Chamber

Hope's POV:

A few days pass after the forest incident and we still have no clue what is in the chamber. Ron and Harry are on their way to visit Hermione. I was going to go with them, but Ginny caught up with us and pulled me away, telling me she needed to tell me something urgently. 

She pulls me to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. "What is it? What's wrong?" I ask, concerned. She looks horrible. Bags under her eyes, she's gotten skinnier, and sickly pale as well. "Hope, I have to tell you something, something you can't tell anyone else." She says. I nod. 

"Of course, what is it?" She hold something up and my eyes widen. It's Tom Riddle's journal. "Gin where did you get that?" I ask her. "It was with my things when we came back from Diagon Ally." My eyes widen. "You've had this for that long? Why didn't you tell me before now?" 

"I don't know, Tom talked to me and, you know, before you came I didn't really have anyone to talk to. He listened to me. But then I started blacking out and I would wake up in here with blood on my hands. I got scared so I threw the journal away. That's when you and Harry found it." 

I run my hand through my hair. "I got nervous that you would find out what I did so I took it back. I don't know what to do anymore Hope." She cries. I pull her into a hug and hold her until she starts to calm down. 

"Gin, I want you to go up to the Common Room and stay there. Give me the journal." I say. She does. I take it and my quill with an ink bottle out. Take my things back to my room and when I come back we'll talk about this." I say. She nods and grabs my beg, running off. 

Sighing I go over to the sink where I have a flat surface. I open the journal and start to write in it. 'Hello Tom.' I watch as the ink sinks into the paper. I wait for his words to show up. 'Hello Hope.' 'Leave her alone. She doesn't want to be apart of you little game.' 

'But I need her, unless you're offering.' I look towards the bathroom door. 'Why do you need someone?' 'I'll take that as a yes.' With that everything goes black. I wake up in a puddle of water. I have no clue where I am. 

The last thing I remember is Tom's words in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. I sit up and look around. "Hello?" I call. Nothing. I stand up and look around some more. My blood freezes when I realize where I am. "TOM!" I yell, knowing that some how that sick bastard is down here. 

I hear laughing behind me. I whip around and there he is. It's almost it he's in black and white. "What am I doing down here?" I ask. "Well, I was going to use you to help me return, but your soul fought me too much. You have to have been through a lot to fight me. 

Since I couldn't use the power of the all powerful sine witch Hope Mikaelson, I went for the downgraded version." He syas, gesturing to my left. My eyes widen when I see Ginny lying on the ground, passed out. I race to her side. The I realize something. "Where's my wand?" I ask. 

"Oh, you mean this? I didn't think you would need it." He says, holding up my white oak wand. I glare. "I don't, I can kill you with or without my want." I snarl. He laughs. "I'm already dead Hope, haven't you figured it out yes? I'm using Ginny to power my resurrection." He says. 

I glance over at the girl I know to be a sister. "No, you're not." "You cannot stop me, no one can. Her time is almost up." He says. Then he's gone. Not caring where he went I turn my focus to Ginny. "Come on Gin, wake up. Come on." I beg, shaking her. Nothing. 

I go through my head, searching for something that can stop the process. New Orleans witches are notorious for resurrection spells so I know there is a way to reverse it. What is it though? I don't have time to think it over. I hear the large metal door behind me start to open. 

I really hope that this isn't something I need to fight. My eyes almost water when I see who it is. "Harry!" I stand up and race towards him. "HOPE!" When we reach each other I throw myself into his arms. He squeezes me tightly. 

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" He asks, letting go and scanning me for injury. "I'm fine, but Ginny..." I trail off. He looks over my shoulder and his eyes widen. The two of us race back to her side. "Ginny, Ginny wake up." He tries. Just like my tries, nothing. "She won't wake." Tom says. 

A glare settles itself onto my face. "Tom? Tom Riddle? What do you mean she won't wake. She's not..." "She's still alive, but only just." He says. "Are you a ghost?" Harry asks. "A memory. Preserved in a diary for fifty years. 

"She's cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead. You've got hell me against the basilisk." Harry says, not noticing Tom picking up his wand. "It won't come until it's called." He says. Harry finally notices. "Give me my wand Tom." "You won't be needing it." 

"Listen, we've got to go, we've got to save her." Harry says, standing up. I remain by Ginny's side. "I'm afraid I can't do that Harry. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger. Yes Harry, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets." Tom says. 

"No, she couldn't, she wouldn't." Harry says. "It was her who set the basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filch's cat, who wrote those threatening messages on the walls." "Why?" Harry looks utterly confused at the moment. 

"Cause I told her to. You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was in, what can we say, some kind of trance. Still the power of the diary began to scare her so she tried to dispose of it in the girl's bathroom. And then, who should find it, but you." I glare. 

"The very person I was most anxious to meet." He says. "But why did you want to meet me?" Harry asks. "I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could. Once I decide to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid to gain your trust." "Hagrid's my friend!" Harry yells. 

"Yes, my plan was almost ruined by Miss Mikaelson here. She knew something was off about me from the beginning, but my doubt was planted and it drew you away from her, the one person who could make you see past my deception." He says. 

Harry glances at me, but I'm simply glaring at the bastard. "You framed him." Harry snarls. "Yes, it was my word against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to suspect something." He says. "I bet Dumbledore saw right through you." Harry smirks. 

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that. I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school, so I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving the memory of my sixteen year old self in its pages." He face says that this is his greatest work of art.

Or something like that. He's proud. "So that one day I could lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work." He says. This guy is insane. Salazar Slytherin was nothing but a bias son of a bitch who played bully his whole life because he founded a school. 

"Well you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours the mandrake draft will be ready and everyone who has been petrified will be alright again." "Haven't I told you? Killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore. For many months now my new target has been you." He says. 

I stand now, stepping closer to Harry. He's not touching him. "How is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent could defeat the greatest wizard of all time. How did you escape with nothing but a scar while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?" 

"Why do you care how I escaped? Voldemort was after your time." Harry says. Then it clicks. My eyes widen and I push Harry behind me, shielding him from this guy. "Voldemort is my past, present, and future." He says. Then he takes Harry's wand and writes out 'Tom Marvolo Riddle'.

With one flick the letters rearrange themselves. 'I am Lord Voldemort'.