Chapter 20: So Long to the Half-Blood Prince...For Now

Hope's POV:

"So, where exactly are we going?" Harry asks as I lead him through the corridors. "You'll see, just be patient." I tell him with a small smile. He's never been one for patience. Finally we reach my intended destination. 

"The Room of Requirement?" Harry asks as the doors appear in front of us. I smile and nod leading him further and further into the room. "I've decided, we're going to hide it. Somewhere where no one, including you, can find it." "What about you? Doesn't the knowledge tempt you?"

I shake my head. "Both power and knowledge to me are not a temptation. Fore I have both and neither are still appealing." He nods in understanding. I walk closer to him. "Close your eyes." I whisper softly. He does as I tell him. I grab the book gently from his hand. 

"Keep them closed." I say. I slowly back up, making sure my footfalls aren't too loud as I glance around the room. I find the perfect place. Once it's secured enough I make my way back to Harry who still has his eyes closed. 

I reach a hand up to cup his cheek before closing my own eyes and leaning in, placing my lips on his for the second time today. This one is still slow, but more passionate as one of his hands flies to my waist and the other cups the back of my neck, bringing me closer to him. 

Finally we pull away, both our eyes opening. "Come on, let's go back before the others get suspicious." I grin. He grins back and together we head back to the Common Room. Everyone is asleep by now so we have the Common Room to ourselves. We take our places on the couch. 

As we sit here Harry recounts everything that's happened since I was asleep. I grin. "So I missed the breakup of the year? Damn." He chuckles. "So I'm guessing Ron and Hermione are speaking again?" He nods. "Good. I hate it when they fight. I feel like I have to choose sides then." 

"Me too." We sit there for a second before a thought comes to my head. "Harry, do you ever wish we were normal?" "How do you mean?" "I mean, do you ever think at what our life could be like if I was just a normal apud witch and you were just another wizard?" 

He nods, understanding what I'm asking now. "Sometimes. I wonder what it would be like if we hadn't gotten involved with the sorcerer's stone. If we hadn't gone into the chamber. If Sirius had never been in prison and my parents were still alive." I grip his hand tighter at his words. 

"If I hadn't been chosen for the tournament. All those things have lead up to now." I nod. "Do you ever wish life was like that?" I ask, sitting up and looking at him expectantly. He looks thoughtful and then he shrugs. 

"Sometimes. Other times I think I wouldn't know what to do with myself. As horrible as these last few years have been and as dangerous, I wouldn't trade them for the world because then I wouldn't have had the wonderful moments either." I nod, getting at what he's saying. 

"I realized this last year when Voldemort was in my head. You, Ron, Hermione, the rest of the Weasleys...you all are what makes this fight worth fighting." I grin at this. This is why I love him. His heart is one of the most pure hearts I've ever come across. 

"You're probably the bravest person I've ever met Harry James Potter. The most thoughtful as well. You put everyone above yourself. You would die for your friends. Though, if you even think about actually doing that I will be the one to kill you." He chuckles at my words. 

"Hope, you're literally the most powerful witch of this generation. You're brave and selfless and kind and yet the world has been nothing but cruel to you. This isn't even your world and you still fight with everything you have for it." I shake my head. 

"As much as I miss my family back in my world, this world is as much of a home as my original one. If there were a way to bring my family here or bounce back and forth, I would do it, but I can't leave any of you behind." "What about your family back home?" 

"They would understand. Yes, they would miss me, but it's like I told you, my parents only ever wanted me to live and I've lived more in these past few years in this world that I ever did back in my original world. I'm honoring their lives by staying him with all of you." 

"This world doesn't deserve you Hope Mikaelson." I grin at his worlds. "No, this world isn't ready for me, this world is too good for you. It's been unfair to you since the moment you were born." "Life just wasn't meant to be easy for us." I shake my head. "No. No it wasn't." We're silent. 

"You know, after all this is over. I wanna visit this world's New Orleans. I wanna see how it's different and I want you there with me. I want to show you my world like you have shown me yours." He grins down at me. "Now that is something I can get on board with."

I laugh at his wording, but lay back down on his, snuggling into his side. His arms tighten around me. "I wish we could stay like this forever. Just the two of us. Hermione and Ron and all them can visit." I grumble. He laughs loudly at this. "One day love. One day." I smile at his worlds. 

"I love you Harry, always." "I love you too Hope. Forever." I grin at this and finally close my eyes. Despite sleeping for a week, sleep slowly creeps in and soon, I'm fast asleep in the arms of my love.