Chapter 5: Pixies and Slugs, Oh My

Hope's POV:

The pixies fly free, knocking over everything in their path. Harry and I take cover under the desk. "What kind of idiot unleashes pixies on an unsuspecting class before telling us how to beat them?" I snap, grabbing a book off the ground and beating one of the pixies. 

I try to control my anger. I don't need to be wolfing out right now. If I hadn't gone for a run last night I'd be in trouble. I suddenly feel a yank on my hair. I yelp. "Hold still." Harry tells me, beating the damn thing off of me. "Thanks." I see the others students flee the room. 

I also see Neville hanging from the ceiling. I notice Lockhart is nowhere to be found as well. Once it is only Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, and I left I stand up, tired of these creatures. "Corporis Impetus." I mutter. The pixies all freeze. We all look at Neville. "Why is it always me?" He asks. 

I grin at him. "In inferiorem terram demisso capite." I say, holding my arm out to him. He is slowly lowered to the ground. "Thanks, but Hope, how can you do that stuff?" He asks me. I smile softly at him.

"Long story. I'll tell you later, but you can't tell anyone about that Nev, it's kind of a big secret." I say. He nods rapidly before exiting the class room. Sighing in relief I turn to the other three. "I know you told us about it, but that's still bloody awesome." Ron says. 

I smile and the four of us walk out of the classroom. A days go by after the pixie incident and everything seems to be normal. Wood is having us do extra long practices this year so we can win the Quidditch Cup. 

Right now we're on our way to practice when we come across the Slytherins team. "Where do yo think you're going Flint?" Wood asks him. "Quidditch practice." Flint says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Wood says. 

"Easy Wood, I've got a note." He hands Wood a piece of parchment. "I Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherins team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker. You have a new Seeker? Who?" Wood asks him, handing the note back.

They all move aside to reveal the one and only Draco Malfoy. "Malfoy?" Harry asks. He seems kind of angry at this. He does realize that he's better than the slicked back bleach blonde idiot, right? "That's right, and that's not all that's new this year." He says. I look at their brooms.

Nimbus 2001s. Too flashy for my taste. "Those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?" Ron asks. Him and Hermione had wondered over here to see what is going on. "A gift from Draco's father." Flint says, smirking. 

"Now, I know I'm new to the whole Quidditch world thing, but I'm pretty sure leveling up one broom doesn't mean you automatically win the game." I say. Angelina nudges me. I look at her and she's smiling. 

"At least no one of the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent." Hermione says. "How dare you talk to me, you filthy little Mudblood." Malfoy snaps. I glare. He did not just say that. Everyone one on the Gryffindor team gasps in shock and outrage. 

I go to lunge for Malfoy, but Katie and Angelina stop me. I get past them with my werewolf strength. I know my eyes are glowing golden by now. Harry steps in front of me and holds me back. "You'll pay for that Malfoy, eat slugs!" Ron says, aiming the spell at Malfoy. 

Instead of going towards its original target, the spell backfires and hits Ron directly. Harry, Hermione, and I rush to his side. The team follows shortly after. He looks likes he's gonna be sick. He then throws up a slug. 

There's a flash and turn to see that Colin kid from the first day of school. "Wow, can you turn him around Harry?" He asks him. What is up with this kid? This is seriously the wrong moment. "No Colin, get out of the way!" He snaps. 

Him and Hermione help Ron up and was push through the crowd of Slytherins, heading for Hagrid's. I stop and turn to Malfoy, taking out my wand. "Avis Oppugno." I chant, flicking my wand. Birds appear and head straight towards Malfoy. He runs, scared. 

Satisfied I slip my wand into my pocket and go to turn for Hagrid's, following behind my friends, hoping the Ron is going to be alright. When I get to Hagrid's I see Ron hunched over a bucket, puking up slugs still. Poor guy was only trying to help the situation.

"Hello Hope, how are ya?" Hagrid asks me. I smile at my giant friend. "Good, you?" "Oh I'm just fine. Please, have a seat." He says. I quickly find a seat next to Harry. Ron pukes again. "Better out then in." Hagrid states. He then turns to Harry, Hermione, and I. 

"Who was Ron trying to curse anyway?" "Malfoy. He called Hermione a-uh, I don't know what really." Harry says. "He called me a Mudblood." Hermione says, still looking extremely upset. "He did not." Hagrid gasps. "What's a Mudblood?" Harry questions. 

"It means 'dirty blood' Mudblood is a very fowl name for someone who is Muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation." She snaps. 

"The thing is Harry, there's some wizards, like the Malfoy family, who think they're better than everyone else. They're what people call 'Purebloods'." Hagrid mocks. "That's horrible." Harry says. Ron pukes again. "It's disgusting." He whines. I reach over and rub his back for comfort.

"And it's codswallop. Dirty blood. Why, there isn't a wizard alive today that isn't a Half-Blood or less. More to the point, I have yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do. Come here." He says, taking her hand comfortingly. 

"Now don't you think on it Hermione. Don't you think on it for one minute." We all smile at this. I walk over to my best friend and pull her into a hug. Once Ron stops puking up slugs we thank Hagrid and go back towards the Castle. Once inside McGonagall approaches us. 

"Good afternoon. Potter, Weasley, tonight you two will be serving you detentions. "Potter, you will be with Professor Lockhart and Weasley, you will be with Flinch, polishing the the trophies in the cases. That is all." With that she is gone. I smirk at the scar headed boy. 

"Have fun with Lockhart." I laugh. "Shut up Hope." He grumbles, nudging me. I just keep smiling and side hug him as we walk. He wrap one arm around my shoulders. I smile, happy things are getting back to normal. Well, as normal as things usually are for this group.