Chapter 15: My Secret Revealed

Hope's POV:

As we walk through the Whomping Willow tunnel Sirius apologizes to Ron. "Sorry about the let. I suspect that twinges a bit." He says. "A bit? A bit? You almost tore my leg off." Ron says. I roll my eyes at this. 

"Well, I was going for the rat. Normally I have a very sweet disposition as a dog, in fact, more than once James suggested I make the transformation permanent. The tail I could live with, but the fleas, they're murder." He says. I smile at this. He has a point. 

Finally we reach the entrance. The Whomping Willow is holding still. I need to know how Lupin does it. Sirius and Harry lay Ron on the ground. Harry, Hermione, and I make sure he's ok before Harry walks up to Sirius. "Hope, is there anything you can do?" Ron asks. I smile sadly at him. 

"I'm sorry Ron." I say. He just groans. Finally Lupin and Pettigrew emerge. "Haven't I been a good friend, you won't give me to the dementor will you? I was your rat." He says. He then turns to me once he doesn't get a reaction from Ron or Hermione. 

"Beautiful girl, you're a loyal friend, just like Lily, you remind me so much of Lily. You and Harry are-" "COME ON! Get up!" Lupin snaps at him, pulling him away from us. Hermione smirks at me and I roll my eyes. "Don't even think about it." I mutter. She just smiles my way. 

A light hits my face and everything hits me all at once. "HARRY!" I yell. Him and Sirius turn as I point to the full moon. No, no, no! I place myself between Lupin,  and Hermione and Ron. Sirius runs up to Lupin, holding onto him. 

"Remus, my old friend, have you taken your potion tonight?" He asks. "Everyone back up." I say. My enchantment must have broken because when Lupin drops his wand Pettigrew guest pick it up. "Expelliarmus!" Harry yells, knocking it out of his hand. 

Pettigrew smirks evilly at us as he transforms and scurries away. NO! Harry goes to chase him, but I hold him back. He'd have to get too close to a transforming Lupin. "Sirius! Let him go he'll hurt you!" I yell. He doesn't listen. Soon he is fully transformed and tosses Sirius away. 

I know what I have to do. Lupin howls and starts to advance on us. I back away from my friends. "Hope?" Hermione asks. I ignore her and close my eyes. I start to transform. My friends watch on in horror as I transform into my wolf form. 

Once I'm fully a wolf Snape comes out and everyone is looking at me, shocked. "Where is Mikaelson?" He then spots me and his eyes widen. "Hope?" Harry asks, confused. Snape sees Lupin. He rushes in front of my friends as Lupin swipes at them, knocking them down.

I nod my head before sprinting and lunging over them, tackling Lupin. "HOPE!" Hermione yells. Lupin and I snap at each other. Then another dog is in the mix. Sirius. We are thrown towards my friends and we stand in front of them protectively. We growl at him. Then Sirius and I lunge. 

The three of us fight, rolling down the hill together. Suddenly Sirius is thrown off of Lupin so it's just the two of us. We tear at each other. He flings me off of him and when I get to my feet I stand tall and howl. He goes for me, but then something hits him. He turns and I see it's Harry. 

Stupid, stupid boy. I race over to that I am standing protectively in front of him. He places a hand on my back. Lupin goes to lunge. Suddenly I hear a howl. A familiar howl. Lupin then takes off. I turn to Harry who is looking at me curiously. 

I race off, going behind the tree to turn. I groan as I shift back to human, magically reforming my clothes as I shift. Once I'm human again, I race off in the direction Sirius and Harry are, picking up on their faint scents. I find them by the lake. Sirius is laying by the lake, bloody. 

Harry is kneeling over him. "Harry!" I call. He turns to look at me, shocked. "Hope, you were-and then you-how?" He asks. "No time to explain." I say. I bite my wrist and hold it up to Sirius' mouth. "Drink, it'll heal you." I say. "What?" Harry asks. 

"I'll explain later." I say, rephrasing my earlier statement. Sirius does and slowly his wounds start to heal. Before Harry can ask me any questions though the lake starts to freeze over. We look up and there are dementors everywhere. Harry pulls me to his side on instinct, holding me to him.

There are at least 100 dementors circling above us. One comes down and starts feeding on Sirius. Harry lets go of me and stands up. "Expecto Patronum!" He yells. A silver white light emits from his wand and covers the three of us like a shield. 

It soon drops though and two dementors come at us, one going to Harry and the other to me. I fall onto my back as the dementors feeds off me. Then, everything goes black. The last thing I hear is someone calling out for me. "HOPE!"