Chapter 17: My Story

Hope's POV:

They both look at me curiously. "The first thing you need to know is that I am not from this world." I say. Their eyes widen. "What? What do you mean?" Hermione asks. They both are looking at me with interest.

"Four years ago my parents died and I was searching for a spell to contact them and make sure they found peace. I thought I found it, but when I cast it I appeared in Dumbledore's office. I was fifteen in my world when I cast the spell and when I got here I was ten. I should be nineteen." 

"So how are you a sine witch and a werewolf? Why do you look like a normal world instead of how Lupin looks?" Hermione asks. "I'm a born werewolf. My dad was born to a sine witch and a werewolf, but there's more to me than just that." I say, pausing. "Go on." Harry urges. 

"Before my father knew he was a werewolf his youngest brother, Henrik, died. To protect them my grandmother turned him and his siblings into the world's first vampires a thousand years ago." I say. "You dad was a vampire or a werewolf?" Hermione asks. 

"Born werewolves have to trigger their curse. In order to trigger the curse you have to take a human life, purposefully accidentally. Mine was an accident. I'll explain it in a second." I reassure. She nods. 

"Anyways, my dad was a werewolf, vampire hybrid. My mom was a werewolf alpha. My grandmother was a witch. Those three things together make me. A hybrid of three different creatures. A tribrid." "You're a vampire?" Hermione asks. I shake my head. 

"No. In my world you have to die with vampire blood in your system to become a hybrid. My mother died giving birth to me and she and I both have my dad's blood in us. She became a hybrid, make the three of us the only hybrids left. Now I'm the only hybrid left." 

Pity flashes across both their faces. "You said you triggered your werewolf curse, who did you kill?" Hermione asks. "My mom was killed by a group of vampires who wanted all hybrids dead. She did it to save me. In revenge I used my magic to take out that group of vampires." I say. 

"I thought you said it had to be a human." Harry says. "It does. We were in a building with an attic. What I didn't know was that there were humans up there. A bookshelf fell on one, killing him. That's how I triggered my curse." They nod at this. 

"I would be a true tribrid, but I haven't died yet so I'm just a werewolf witch hybrid. That's my story. I'm sorry I didn't explain it to you guys earlier, but I was scared." I say. Harry scoots next to me and wraps his arms around me. I lay my head on his shoulder. 

"You don't have to be anymore, we'll always protect your secret Hope, always." He tells me. "We will." Hermione agrees. "Thank you." It feels good for everything to be out in the open. It's like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. 

"Hermione, Hope, down by the lake, I did see someone. Someone made the dementors go away." "With a patronus? I heard Snape telling Dumbledore. According to him only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it." Hermione says. 

"It was my dad. It was my dad who conjured the patronus." He says. "Harry, your dad's-" "Dead, I know. I'm just telling you what I saw." He says. I hug him tighter,  knowing that even though it most likely wasn't his dad, he's going believe it until proven otherwise. 

"Here we come." Hermione says, standing to her feet. Harry gets up and offers me a hand. I gladly take it, allowing him to haul me to my feet. "You see Sirius talking to me there?" He asks. I nod. "He's asking me to go live with him." He says. I smile. 

"Harry that's amazing." I tell him softly. "When we free him I'll never have to go back to the Dursley's. It'll just be me and him." He says. I grab his hand and squeeze it, laying my head on his shoulder as he pictures what his life with Sirius would be like. 

"We could live in the country, some place you can see the sky. I think he'll like that after all those years in Azkaban." He adds, grinning. "I think he would too." I say. Suddenly the full moon comes out and Lupin turns. "Harry turn away past me is about to strip." I tell him. He does so quickly.

Once past me is done I give him the ok. "Let's go." He says. I nod and the three of us take off. We stop right as Lupin is about to attack wolf me and Harry. My eyes glow gold as I howl. "What are you doing?" Harry asks. "Saving our lives." I howl again. 

"Great, now he's coming for us." He says. "Yeah, didn't think about that. Run!" I say. The three of us take off. We quickly hide behind a tree. When we appears we move so we're out of sight. Suddenly he appears on the other side of us, growling. I glare. 

I hold my friends behind me, flashing my eyes at him. Before he can do anything through Buckbeak appears, attacking Lupin. "Come on." I say, grabbing both other their hands and taking off in the direction of the lake where Sirius, Harry, and I should be. 

When we get there I'm already knocked out and Harry isn't doing much better. "This is horrible." Hermione says. "Don't worry, my dad will come. He'll conjure the patronus." He says. We wait a few seconds. "Any minute now. Right there. You'll see." He says. 

"Harry, listen to me. No one's coming." Hermione says. "Don't worry, he will. He will come." He says. "You're dying, all three of you." Hermione says. Harry then races forward. "Harry!" I call. He stops on the edge of the lake. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" He yells. 

A blinding white light emits from his wand and spreads out over the lake. It wards of all of the dementors. It even takes the form of a stag. When it fades all the dementors are gone and past Harry passes out. I walk up to him and he turns around. I grin at him. "You did it." I say. 

He smiles. "I did." Then Snape appears with several other professors. They take the three of us. "Come on, they'll be taking Sirius to Dark Tower, we have to go if we're going to get him and be back to the Hospital Wing in time." I say. He nods and we race off.