Chapter 3: The Triwizard Tournament

Hope's POV:

A couple weeks after the Quidditch World Cup disaster we're on the train to Hogwarts, reading the Daily Prophet's take on what happened. Well, Hermione and I are, Harry and Ron are getting candy from the trolley. I glance over to see Harry staring at the one and only Cho Chang.

She's a beautiful Ravenclaw girl who I despise. She's so fake and yet Harry is hopelessly into her. It's annoying. "Don't mind her, he'll get over his crush before Christmas break I'm willing to bet." Hermione tells me.

Her and Ginny are the only ones who know I like Harry and I'd like to keep it that way. The boys come back in and Harry hands me some peppermint toads. I smile my thanks and take them from him.

"This is horrible. How can the Ministry not know who conjured it? Wasn't there any security?" Hermione asks when we're all settled back down. "Loads, according to dad. That's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses." Ron explains.

I see Harry scratch his forehead. "It's bothering you again, you scar." I state. He looks down. "I'm sure it's nothing." "Harry, you might want to tell Sirius about this. It's been happening a lot lately. He'll want to know." I tell him. He nods. "I will." I nod, smiling softly.

The rest of the train ride we just talk about our summers and catch up. When we get to Hogwarts, we're headed to the Great Hall when something catches everyone's eyes out the window.

We rush to the windows and my eyes widen when I see pegasi towing a giant carriage towards the school

We rush to the windows and my eyes widen when I see pegasi towing a giant carriage towards the school. Hagrid is guiding the landing. He almost gets run over. Then, when they land we're about to continue into the hall when suddenly a giant ship comes out of the lake.

How the hell...? Shaking it off we head into the Great Hall for the sorting and opening feast. After sorting Dumbledore steps up to talk before the feast. "Well now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement." When he says this the doors open and Filch runs in.

"This castle will not only be your home this year, but the home of very special gusts as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-" He is cut off when Filch reaches him. He whispers something in his ear before running out again. "What did he say Hope?" Ron asks. I roll my eyes.

"I've told you this a thousand times Ron, but my hearing isn't that good." He's been asking me to eavesdrop on everything since he found out about me being a werewolf. It's quite annoying really. He won't give up. Dumbledore begins to speak again.

"So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament." Everyone immediately starts muttering about it. I share excited glances with Hermione and Ginny. I wonder what this is, it sounds interesting.

"The Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school a single contestant is selected to compete. To be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint of heart." That's a fun little warning.

"More of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbaton's Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress, Madam Maxime." He announces. The doors open and in walks a group of beautiful girls all dressed in the same blue uniform.

All the boy's jaw drop except one. When I look over at Harry he doesn't seem as interesting as the other boys are in the girls. Especially not Ron. The red head is practically drooling. "Bloody hell." He mutters. I roll my eyes. Hermione looks so hurt by this.

She developed feelings for Ron over the summer, poor girl. Then their Headmistress walks past up. She's huge, like extremely tall. Taller than Hagrid definitely. " Blimey, that's one big woman." Seamus comments.

After they do their fun little entrance with their magical birds they go over to the Ravenclaw table and sit down while all the boys stand and clap and wolf whistle. Hermione, Ginny, and I exchange annoyed looks. It seems all the other girls in the hall are as well.

Dumbledore silences everyone. "And now, our friends from the North. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their Headmaster Igor Karkaroff." He announces. The door opens and a group of boys walk in. Not gonna lie, they are all pretty attractive.

After the main group of boys go by an older man in white and two boys enter the hall. One I recognize. "Blimey, it's him. It's Viktor Krum." Ron fauns. I roll my eyes, but then I catch the eye of the boy next to Krum. He smirks and winks at me before walking past.

Hermione and Ginny grin widely at me. "Blimey Hope, Cedric Diggory and Aleksander Krum? You have to have the best luck out of anyone I've ever met." Ginny mutters. I furrow my brows. "Aleksander Krum? Is that Viktor's brother?" I ask. She nods enthusiastically. I look at the boy.

He is definitely the most attractive guy to me out of the Durmstrang group. I send a side eye to Harry. He has an annoyed look on his face. I just shrug it off and turn back to Dumbledore. I notice the Durmstrang boys took their seats at the Slytherin table.

Malfoy as an even more arrogant grin on his face than usual. I didn't think that was possible. After a few more announcements the feast appears and we dig in. There are a few more selections than normal. I grin as I see beignets. My favorite home food from New Orleans.

I grab several and just eat those. "What are those Hope?" Hermione asks me. My friends turn to look at me. "Beignets. They're French, but they're also a staple in New Orleans. I grew up eating these. I've missed them." I say, grinning. They all smile back at me, seeing how happy I am.

I don't usually have an emotional tie to foods, but beignets remind me of my dad. I look around at the other schools. This year might just be our most interesting year yet.