Chapter 13: Tom Riddle

Hope's POV:

The next night Hermione is safely in the Hospital Wing, recovering and Harry, Ron, and I are walking through the halls. "Have you spoken to Hermione?" Ron asks me. "I have, she should be out of the Hospital Wing in a few days, you know, once she stops coughing up fur balls." I joke. 

I love my friend, but the fur ball thing is kinda funny. I stop smiling when I see water on the floor. "What?" I ask, confused. "What's this?" Harry asks. We follow the water to see the entire gall is flooded. "Yuck." Ron says. "Looks like Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom again." Harry says. 

"Come on." I say, walking towards the bathroom. When we get there all the sinks are running and we can hear why they call her Moaning Myrtle. "Come to throw something else at me?" She asks. "Why would I throw something at you?" Harry asks. 

"Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me." She says. "But, it can't hurt if anybody throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you." Not the right thing to say to a ghost. 

Myrtle flies right up into his face, scaring him. "Sure! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! Ten points if you get it through her stomach! Fifty points if it goes through her head!" She yells. Punching her hand through Ron's stomach and head. 

"But who threw the book at you anyway?" I ask slowly, trying not to have her putting her arm through me. "I don't know, I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death and it fell through the top of my head." With that she floats off. I sigh and look at Ron. 

"You really had to say that to her, didn't you." I sigh, facing Ron. He gives me a guilty shrug. Harry walks over to one of the stalls and picks up something. A soaking wet black book is laying on the ground. Harry walks over and picks it up. "What is that?" I ask. "A journal of some sorts." He says. 

"Who does it belong to?" I ask. "It's blank. All except for the worlds Tom Marvolo Riddle." He says. I walk over to him and look it over. Interesting. "Come on, let's head back to the Common Room. We can figure it out there." I say. He nods and the three of us exit the bathroom. 

We head back to the Common Room and when we get there we decide the shower and meet back up in the Common Room. I head up to my room and quickly shower and change into my pajamas for the night. 

I brush out my hair before heading back downstairs

I brush out my hair before heading back downstairs. When I get down there Harry is the only one waiting for me. "Where's Ron?" I ask. "Decided to get some sleep. I told him we'd fill him in in the morning." He explains. I nod and pull chair next to the desk he's sitting at. 

It's night now, late enough to where to no will bother us. "Now what?" I ask. "I don't know." "We can try writing in it." I suggest. He nods and opens the journal and grabs a quill and some ink. A bit of ink drips onto the page and disappears. Harry and I exchange looks. 

He dips the quill in some more ink and starts writing. 'Our names are Harry Potter and Hope Mikaelson. What's yours?' We wait for a response after the ink disappears. 'Hello Harry Potter and Hope Mikaelson. My name is Tom Riddle.' It replies. Harry gets some more ink. 

'Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?' 'Yes.' 'Can you tell me?' 'No.' I sigh and run my hand through my hair. Then more words appear. 'But I can show you.' "Uh, Harry, I don't like this." I tell him. 

But before he can respond, light is pouring out fo the journal and I feel like I'm being sucked througha straw. Everything goes black for a second. When light does return we are standing in a hallway in Hogwarts. I look at Harry. "I really don't like this." I say again. 

He looks down at me and must see my anxiousness because his hand grabs mine and squeezes it in reassurance. We both then spot a boy around 16 standing at the top of a staircase. Harry drags me towards him. "Hey, excuse me, can you tell us what's going on here?" He asks. 

The boy doesn't reply, but continues to stare off. Like we're not even here. "Are you Tom Riddle? Hello? Can you hear me?" Harry asks. Nothing. "I don't he can hear or see us." I tell him. He glances at me before turning back to the boy. 

We look up the stairs at what he's looking at and see older wizards with a gurney of some sort. When they walk past us a limp arm falls from underneath the sheets. I squeeze Harry's hand tighter. "Riddle? Come." We hear a voice say. We turn to see a younger looking Professor Dumbledore behind us.

"Professor Dumbledore." Tom says, walking up the stairs to meet him. Harry and I follow behind him. "It's not wise for you to be wondering around at this late hour Tom." Dumbledore says. "I'm sorry Professor. I just, I suppose I had to see for myself if the rumors were true." He says. 

"I'm afraid they are Tom." "About the school too? I don't have a home to got to. They wouldn't really close Hogwarts, would they professor?" He asks. Something is up with this guy. Journal or not, I don't trust him. Something just feels, I don't know, off. 

"I know Tom, but I'm afraid Headmaster Dippet may have no choice." "So it'll stop once the person who's done this is caught?" "Is there something you wish to tell me?" "No sir, nothing." Dumbledore looks at him skeptically before deciding not to push. "Very well then. Off you go." 

"Goodnight sir." With that Tom walks away and Harry and I follow him, having to run a little to keep up with his quick steps. We don't walk towards the Slytherin Common Room, instead we walk to a secluded part of the castle. He goes to a worn door and throws it open. 

"Evening Hagrid." My eyes widen. Ok, now I know this guy is no good. I can tell what he's doing just from this. "I have to turn you in Hagrid. I don't think you meant it to kill anyone." "You can't. You don't understand." Hagrid tries. He sounds desperate, not murderous. 

"The dead girl's parents will be here tomorrow. The least Hogwarts can do is slaughter the thing that killed their daughter." "It wasn't him, Aragog never killed no one." "Monsters don't make good pets Hagrid. Now step aside." "No." "Stand aside Hagrid!" "NO!" Tom waves his wand. 

"Cistem Aperio." Tom says, sending light at the chest. It pops open and from it runs a creature. No, it's scuttling, terrified. A wonders that just killed a little girl would not have a problem killing Tom if it felt like he was going to expose it. "Aragog! Aragog!" Hagrid yells.

Tom turns his wand on Hagrid. Suddenly I feel the pulling feeling again. I reach out for Hagrid again and I hear Harry call out for him. Then darkness. When we come around we are sitting in the same spots we were sitting in before we got sucked into the vision. Hagrid did it." I hear. 

My head whips around to face him. "What?" "Hagrid did it. Come on, you just saw that." "I don't care what I just saw, I know what I know. Hagrid wouldn't hurt anyone." I argue. "But Hope, come one, think about it." 

"No, I have thought about it. Why are you so quick to believe this Tom guy Harry?" I ask. "You just saw the creature." He says. I roll my eyes, starting to get pissed off with him. He's always to quick to assume. First Snape, then Malfoy, now Hagrid, our friend even. 

"No, I saw a creature. If it had killed that little girl then why didn't it kill Tom when it felt threatened? You know Hagrid, he's our friend." I say. He ducks his head, trying to avoid eye contact with me. 

"You're so quick to doubt him when he barged into Dumbledore's office to claim our innocence with out an ounce of knowledge of what happened with Justin and Nick. Have a little faith in him. Once you've gotten over this, come find me." With that I march back up to my dormitory. 

A/N: How did you all the like the triple update? I love doing special things like this and I hope you all liked it as well. Not next week, but the next I will be posting two chapters.  Hope you're all well!

~Isabell