Mission 25:" Pull the trigger Iida"

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~Izuku POV~~~~~~

"Alright, thats enough joking around." I said as I grew serious " What are you three doing out here without your mentors?"

Izumi:" Well...... I came to save Iida-kun and I called for back-up and Todoroki-kun is the one who came."

"So then....." I said as I turned to Iida "Why did you need saving Iida?"

Iida:" I....... needed to defeat Stain, to make him pay for what he did to my brother! To become worthy to take on his hero name Ingenium!"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "So Iida, let me see if I got this right." I said with a cold voice " You risked not only your life, but both your friends and that guy over there *points at Native* lifes and hero careers. For your revenge?"

Iida:" I.......I.. he's a villain! He needed to be stopped!"

"Yes, and he would have been. By a Pro hero, which you are not. None of you are allowed to act outside the law."

Iida:" What about you! You kill villains! Thats against the law!"

" So thats how you really feel about me then Iida?"

Iida:" No....Midoriya-kun... thats not what I meant!"

"Save it, I don't care about that right now. I haven't broken any laws, I live by a different set of laws than you. I can't just kill someone because I don't like them, if that was the case I'd have killed Bakugou instead of beating the shit out of him."

"No matter what my personal feelings are I never step out of the laws that apply to me. Parabellum doesn't take anyone who acts on personal feelings."

Iida:" ........... I don't know what to say."

"Good, you can just shut up and listen. You've just ruined your hero career and those of my sister and friend. You have just one option now if you want to at least save their futures." 

I hopped off the dead Nomu I was still standing on. I rolled it off Stain, I crafted a set of quirk sealing cuffs and tied him up. I propped him up against the wall, his head limply dangling downwards. I could still hear him breathing so he was still alive.

"Come here Iida."

Shoto:" Izuku, he can't walk. Stain stabbed his leg."

"Fine......" I walked over to him and lifted him carrying him over and dropping him in front of Stain. "Izumi, Shoto don't interfere. This is for your futures, this needs to happen." I turned back to Iida

"Like I said Iida, you have a chance to at least save them." I crafted a pistol and put it into Iida's hand

"The safety is off, just put the barrel against his head. Pull the trigger Iida." he just looked at me shocked and confused

Iida:" But....... that would...."

"Thats exactly what I'm telling you to do Iida. Kill him."

Iida:" But I'm a hero... I can't kill him!"

"You stopped being a hero the second you came after Stain for revenge. Your hero career is over, but you can still save Izumi's and Shoto's. Kill Stain and save them or you all go down. What will you do Tenya?"

I watched as my blue haired friend struggled with himself internally. He slowly raised the pistol towards Stain, tears streaming down his face.

Izumi:" Iida-kun don't do it! There is no going back if you kill him!"

Shoto:" Izuku! This is too much!"

"Shut up you two! I told you not to interfere! You idiots don't get how big a fuck up this is! I'm already bending the rules by even giving him a chance to save you two!" I growled at them

Iida:" Midoriya is right..... I'm sorry you two. I ruined your life because of my personal revenge, I'm no hero. I have to at least save you two from my mistake."

Iida once again raised the pistol, his hands shaking, his eyes still full of tears but had a determined look. Aiming at Stain, Iida pulled the trigger. 

A loud bang echoed down the alley, Izumi put her head in her hands not wanting to see. Shoto turned his head away, Iida dropped the pistol and slumped down. Obviously crushed by the weight of what he had done.

"Do you regret saving them, Tenya?" I simply asked. He looked up at me, he was crying.

Iida:"......... No, I don't regret saving them..... This is a burden I must carry, I did this, I put them in danger and now I'm paying for it...... Can I ask you something Izuku?"

"Go ahead Tenya."

Iida:" How do you deal with the crushing guilt of taking a life?"

"......... You don't Iida, you never get over it. I do what I must, I don't think about the lives I take. I think about the ones I saved."

Iida:" ........You are stronger than I thought Izuku.... So what happens now? Are you taking me to jail?"

"Why would I do that Iida?" I said with a smirk 

Iida:"I killed Stain! You made me kill him to save them!" he shouted

"Did I make you do something like that? I don't think I so, I gave you a chance to save them sure.  I also gave you a chance to save yourself."

Iida:" How?! I killed a man!"

"Did you now? when did you do that?"

Iida/Izumi/Shoto:" WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!"

I started laughing adding to their confusion. Iida passed my test, and I was sure he'd learned his lesson and would become a better person and a great hero because of it.

"Did you really think I'd let you guys kill someone? That isn't something just any one can deal with."

Iida:" But the gun went off! I felt it! you can't fake that!"

"Are you a gun expert? I doubt any of you have even seen one up close. There is a thing called a blank round. Its a real bullet, the only difference is that it doesn't actually send a load out. I just makes the sound and the flash of a real round."

I walked back over to Stain, I gave him a kick, causing him to groan out in pain.

Iida:"...... So I didn't kill him?"

" Hell no, I wouldn't ever actually make you do that. You needed to learn a lesson, revenge is never the answer. It destroys everything and everyone involved, take this lesson to heart and learn from it."

"Now then, I have to make a call. I have to deal with this mess." I said before calling Sandstorm. "Sandstorm, this is Arclight, I need you to come to my location. I'll ping you the cords, we have a clean up to do. Beware I have UA students with me."

Sandstorm:" Roger, I'm finished here. I'll mark the Nomu for evac, parabellum will want one for studies."

"Don't bother, leave that one for the heros, I got one tucked away in a back alley. Easier to pick up."

Sandstorm:" Roger, I'm on the way."

"Now then, while we are waiting. Explain everything, Izumi and Shoto. Tell me how this whole situation came about."