Mission 59: Fourth

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~~~~3rdPersonPOV/Rescue team~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~30minutes earlier~~~~~

Melissa lead the rescue team back to the R&D building where she had hold up along with the remaining parabellum defenders. Leaving Flash to take over the defense, Melissa lead Genesis to a room that was acting as a field hospital.

"Umm.... Melissa-san? How did you know I had orders to help the wounded?" Asked Genesis as she started making bandages. Melissa raised an eyebrow as she tapped a finger on a subdued cross emblem on Genesis's shoulder.

"Aren't you Alpha's Medic? Hang on........ When did Alpha fill in the medic spot?" She asked as she leaned in towards Genesis's face staring at her face. "OH SHIT YOU'RE IZU'S FIANCEE?!" she suddenly yelled out.

"I thought you looked familiar! But why are you here?! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!" taking hold of genesis's shoulder shaking her, before stopping suddenly. "We'll talk later right now we need to focus on treating these guys." she said motioning to the injured.

"I know some first aid, but I can make almost anything you need." 

"Great that will help alot." 

"Mam! Sorry to interrupt but Absolut is awake!" shouted and parabellum soldier that had come running into the room.

"Alright, stay here and help the wounded soldier, Genesis come with me. Once we get comms back you'll have to pass on whatever info we learn to Arclight." she said as she turned and started walking out of the room as Genesis followed.

Walking down the hallway to an isolated room Genesis decided to ask " Why is Absolut being kept away from all the other wounded?"

"Its because of him being S-ranked and for safety." she replied without missing a beat.

"But isn't he already safe?" questioned Genesis unsure of the logic "Also I thought there wasn't any special treatment due to ranks?"

Melissa stopped in her tracks as Genesis did the same. Turning around to face the young Alpha team member she stared into her eyes before sighing. "Look this is classified information..... but since you're here and technically are married into this life-style now you'll learn about it sooner or later, so I'll tell you."

"The S-ranks are extremely special people within parabellum. There are only 7 of them, the main reason there are so few are the requirements to become one. First, they have unquestionable loyalty to parabellum. Second they most be voted in by all 25 Commanders of Parabellum. Third is the very nature of their quirks must fit a set of standards for S-ranks. This is probably the biggest factor, its the fact that their quirks tend to defy the very rules of nature, physics, and even time." she explained

" What do you mean by that?" asked Genesis

"I mean that even in this quirked society where superpowers are common. Their abilities go even farther beyond that, and by our standards should be impossible to do what they can do."

"But Arclight's quirk while strong still obeys the laws of physics, since he basically just changes the structure of matter to form whatever he wants. He doesn't destroy or create matter at all, so how is that impossible?" 

"Do you know what he calls his quirk?" asked Melissa

"He calls it Realize, although now that I think about it. It doesn't seem to fit, its more like transmutation." said Genesis as she started to get lost in thought.

"Normally you'd be right, however this isn't the case. Didn't you ever think it was weird that he can make organic matter? Simple transmutation couldn't do that." she added

Genesis let out a small gasp as she remembered the rose he made for her when they met for the first time officially. She was so happy she didn't think about the miracle he had  performed.

"Looks like you're catching on, his quirk Realize when used to its full power can mess with reality itself. Arclight on his own is a beast of a fighter, but take his limiter off and he becomes a real monster."

She said as they started walking again. Genesis tilted her head as she remembered something. After thinking about it she came to a conclusion and decided to confirm it with melissa.

"When you said it was for safety, you didn't mean for him did you?" 

Melissa let out a small smile as she glanced at her out of the corner of her eye. "Nope, S-ranks are all overpowered as hell. In this case if Absolut's quirk went haywire for whatever reason, we'd all be frozen before we had a chance to do anything. Although.......... we even know if thats even a problem anymore, better safe than sorry. Hopefully he can give some answers."

~~~~~~GenesisPOV~~~~~~~~

We walked into the room and laid out on a table he barely fit on was this grey haired, heavily bandaged, huge man. 

('Back when Zuzu described him I thought it was exaggeration. He certainly is very much like a bear. I can picture him scooping salmon out of a river with his bare hands.')

He noticed us as we came in, he tried sitting up. As he did, his face tightened us in pain but to his credit he made no noise. I noticed the dark red stains on his bandages start to become bright red, his wounds apparently reopened with his sudden movement.

Melissa walked up to him, placing her palm on his forehead and pushed him back down. "Relax Absolut, don't need you dying on me just because you sat up."

" I will do as you ask devochka, who is this one?" he asked his icy blue eyes locked on to me

"This is Genesis from Alpha team, also she's the girl who bagged Arclight." she said with a smirk

" I have heard tell of her, udivitelny devochka! I did not think anyone could win against Sandstorm for his heart." he said as he started laughing clearly amused 

I could feel my face heating up in embarrassment but before I could reply Melissa interrupted

"As fun as it will be to pick on the new girl, we need to know. What happened Absolut? How were they able to shoot you? We figured out they have quirk cancelling rounds but not how they dealt with you." she asked

"It was a trap devochka. They knew I was here and how my quirk works, they also knew I can't go full power without killing everyone on the island. I was lured into a building, at first I thought they figured that maybe in small space their bullets would hit. Knowing this is not true, I walked without fear."

"I was wrong, their true plan was get me into a closed off space. I do not know the true nature of what happened but I believe from the thick smell of grounded metal I smelt at the time that they must have used their munitions. I think they shaved the rounds into small filings and released it into the ventilation." he explained his theory 

"I hate to say it, but that was pretty clever of them" said Melissa as she grit her teeth "Do you remember anything else?"

"Da, this attack seems to have many leaders. I saw at least four, three are known to us. I have never seen the fourth." he said

"Can you describe the fourth?" I asked suddenly getting a bad feeling

"I cannot devochka, he covered his face very well. I know only he is male, sounds young, and has eyes as red as rubies."

A/N: And I'm back! kinda sorry about the delays, as I mentioned before I picked up some part-time work and no longer have as much time to write. Things are starting to settle down abit so hopefully I'll be able to get into a routine and once I do I should be back to having regular updates instead of these every other day ones.

In other news, if you like this book you might like my newest story. "A different kind of villain" Have you wondered what would have happened to Izuku if after all-might chose Izumi, instead of resisting AFO he joined him? In this book we follow the story that could have been. Same AU, same powers, different path.

As Always thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!