Mission 64: Trust no one

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~MomoPOV~~~~~~~~

We all sat there, surrounding Izuku's bed from all sides. Not one of the members of Alpha wanting to leave his side. I didn't know what to do, I was so upset and ashamed that I wasn't there to help him. I always thought that no matter what he'd come out on top, he's always stood tall no matter what happened.

Even the last time he was hospitalized it was due to his quirk's drawback rather than injuries inflicted by the nomu. I was scared for him, but its not the same as before. Even Byron who has known him the longest, was silent his face drawn up into a stoned face cowl.

Nemure had awakened roughly an hour ago and the first thing he did was half-drag himself to Izuku's side. He berated himself for not stopping Bakugou in time, he was almost at the point of hurting himself before Byron stopped him.

Like me, Lily was a mess and remained glued to his side. It was clear for all to see just how much Izuku meant to her and how hurt she was seeing him like this. It must have hurt her even more than the others, considering she was ordered to let him fight alone. No one blamed her for not helping him, no one could have expected Bakugou's attack.

"I'll fucking kill him the next time he shows up...." I muttered under my breath, earning a look from Lily who was sitting to the left to me. She seemed shocked before silently nodding in agreement, she had understood who I meant.

Suddenly Izuku shot up, his eyes glazed over "Anyone there?" he managed to squeeze out. His voice hoarse and scratchy, tilting his head listening for a response. Lily immediately replied before anyone else could

"Yes Izu, we are all here!" he turned his head towards her

"Sorry Momo.....Lily.... No time to explain... Say nothing about.... this... until I..... wake up.." Izuku was visibly struggling to stay up. He reached out towards Lily, his hand touching her face. Lily froze as Izuku's hand made its way around to the back of her head. He suddenly pulled her towards him, locking his lips with hers giving her a deep kiss.

Everyone froze shocked at what had just happened. Just as suddenly as he had kissed her, he flopped down almost falling out of the bed. Like a puppet who had its strings cut. Izuku was caught by the now red-faced Lily and eased back into bed gently.

Turning to face me, Lily while red faced had a serious look on her face. Before I or any of the others could question her on what had just happened. She stood up, without saying a word she pulled me along and we left the room.

She pulled me along, quickly hurrying along the hallways until she found an empty partially destroyed room. After ensuring that no one was around, she motioned for me to stay quiet as she opened her mouth. When she did a small plastic bag was revealed and within the bag a piece of paper could be seen.

('A hidden message?!') I thought to myself ('Why would Izuku do this?') I was now more concerned by why he did this than the how.

We both stayed quiet as she pulled the message out, checking once again that no one was around. We silently read the message

~~~~Message~~~~~

"Can't explain right now, fighting to stay awake long enough to craft this message. Emergency orders: Get me back to UA ASAP, Alpha is to stay with me at UA until I awake, Don't use Parabellum assets, give bare minimum reports. Have Nemure fly us back, trust no one outside Alpha."

~~~~Message end~~~~

I looked up at Lily, who like me had a shocked and confused look. Izuku, one of the most loyal of parabellum's soldiers asking us not to trust them? It was a surreal thought and yet here we were with a message in hand, delivered in a way to mask and confuse anyone who might have been watching.

('Just what is going on?! What did Izuku learn? Why doesn't he want us to trust Parabellum?') the more I thought about it, the more questions I thought. Nothing was making sense, glancing over to Lily who seemed to be lost in thought as we walked back to Izuku's room.

"Do you have any idea what that was about?" I asked her in a vague way, in case anyone over heard us.

Snapping out of her thoughts Lily she looked at me, before bursting out into a bright crimson color. "W-what?! Oh! I'm sure its only because he didn't know where you were Yaoyorozu! I swear I didn't know he was going to pass it that way I swear!"

It took a second before I realized she was concerned that I might be upset about Izuku kissing her. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't upset at all, but I had come to and understanding with Lily at least.

"Its ok Lily, just call me Momo from now on. Remember I agreed to let you be with him if you could convince him. However thats not the issue right now, I want to know if you know anything about it?" I said gesturing to her pocket where the message was currently resting.

"Oh thank god..... and no, I have no earthly idea what thats about........ Something big must have happened on that roof..... I can't think of any other reason why Izuku would say those things otherwise."

 "Lets get back to the others and get him back to UA, I trust Izuku and if he's telling us this there has to be a reason."

Soon we arrived back to Izuku's room, Lily did a quick search around the room looking for camera or any kind of bugs before motioning the now even more confused Alpha closer while motioning for them to stay silent.

Once everyone was gathered, Lily pulled out the message and showed it to the rest of the team. Shocked was an understatement, there are no words I could think of to describe the looks on the faces of Byron, Nemure, and Denki. Tokoyami and Toga while surprised didn't really seem too affected by it.

Then again, like me they hadn't been part of Parabellum for long so the implications of this didn't really make sense to them.

"Alpha, I'm assuming full command until Arclight wakes up." Byron suddenly spoke "S.Death prepare a flight, Alpha we are returning to UA asap."

"Yes sir!" we all replied as everyone scattered to prepare for the trip home.

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been as active as I'd like, been busy irl and having trouble picking the OC's for the S-ranks. That is now over and so it is my pleasure to announce the winners.

ALIVE_00

TwiggZ03 

MadAdder3000

DrystanofMensis

DarkShadowsBrain

I would like to thank everyone who has entered and I once again like to state it was very hard to decide from all the wonderful OC's created by you all. But these five stood out just a hair from the rest and I was amazed at the amount of thought and detail placed into creation of these characters. I hope you all look forward to future events and the formal introduction of the remaining S-ranked. As always thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!