Side Mission: No.4 Hazard

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~3rdPersonPOV/Fubuki city 16 years ago~~~~~~~

There is a young boy seen calmly playing by himself in the small backyard of his family's home. "Arata! Dinner's ready! Come on inside and eat!" came the call of his mother from inside the house.  Acknowledging his mother's call, the youngest of the Yuu family made his way inside. Looking forward to the dinner his mother had prepared, not only because he loved her cooking but also because he simply loved his parents company.

Arata was a rather strange child, in regard to one thing. He couldn't express himself or his emotions very well. His short black hair and eyes never gave away anything that he might be feeling or thinking. However that was the only thing strange about him, like anyone else in the world he could feel emotions.

Like sadness at not being able to make a friend, the other kids at his school avoided him due to him being "creepy".  This of course wounded the young Arata deeply, although the only ones who noticed were his parents. While they did their best to comfort him and he loved them for it, they couldn't completely erase his sense of being an outcast.

They say the most honest people in the world are drunks and children, but children are the most cruel with what they say. Not out of malice but out of ignorance, in their youthful innocence they know not the damage they do. Unfortunately for the people of Fubuki city, it is that very ignorance that will fuel the black flames.

"So Arata, how was school today?" asked his father once Arata had taken a seat at the table.

Arata looked at his father before looking down at the table. His head hung down in shame and sadness as he still hadn't made a single friend like he had promised his father he would. Noticing the depressed aura his son was giving off, his father could guess what had happened.

"Its ok Arata, there is no need to rush things my boy. Once day you'll find a friend or a group of friends who are true." Arata raised his head at his fathers words tilting his head in confusion on what he meant. Understanding his sons action, his father continued on to impart a valuable life lesson.

"Listen well my son, and if you remember nothing else I teach you make sure you remember this. Friends aren't the ones you help, friends, true friends are the ones who stand with you no matter what. People throw the word friend around alot these days, but what they really mean is tools. A true friend won't ask you for help, but will go out of their way to help you. If they need help, you'd have to force them to accept your help. That is how you know a true friend from a fake one."

"Don't be sad you can't make a hundred fake friends, be grateful when you make one true one. If a person makes a judgement on you based on one meeting then they aren't worth the time. Don't bother with these people, and don't change who you are just because someone asks you to. A true friend will accept you as you are, if you feel like you need to change yourself then do it because YOU want to, never do it for anybody else got it?"

Arata nodded his head in agreement as he took in his fathers words, deciding that they made sense. So the young Arata committed them to his memory, before bringing his attention to his dinner his mother had brought out half-way through his fathers lesson and started to happily dig in. His mother and father smiled as they watched their only son crack the slightest of smiles as he ate.

~~~~~Timeskip/Next day after school~~~~

Arata is on his way home after a long day of school, normally he'd be depressed because as usual his classmates outright ignored his attempts at becoming friends. However unlike usual, he remembered his fathers words the night before. He decided that his classmates simply aren't worth the time and stopped trying to befriend them.

However that seemed to have pissed off a few of the popular kids, the fact that the "creepy"kid had snubbed them all of a sudden. They had often used him as a gopher with the promise of friendship, but today he had snubbed them. Merely stating they aren't worth his time, normally this wouldn't be a big deal and could have laughed it off. However Arata the "creepy" kid had done this in front of the whole school.

That wounded both their pride and reputation, and being children that was all that mattered to them. Their youthful ignorance and pride got the better of them and caused them to lash out. They waited at a park near the city's center that they knew was along the way to Arata's home.

They grabbed him as he walked by and dragged him into a hidden spot and started to beat him viciously. Arata did his best to defend himself, but to no avail, as the other kids continued to beat him. He wondered why he was going through all this, his bottled up emotions, started to burst free. The main one being rage, pure unrelenting rage.

His quirk: Blaze burst out from his body, the black flames consuming everything in its path. Fueled by his resentment and rage for the way he was treated throughout his young life by everyone except his parents. The black flames raged and spread like a wildfire, burning anything and everything. Nothing was spared, in the matter of minutes the once thriving fubuki city laid in ruin and ashes.

The tragedy of Fubuki city would become known as "The Black Dusk" with only one known survivor. Arata Yuu the one who caused the black flame to spread in the first place, however this wasn't public knowledge as it was found to have been an accident caused by his quirk going out of control while he was being attacked.

This caused a bit of a problem as no one was quite sure of what to do with the young boy. He no longer had a family and they were afraid to place the boy in an orphanage, mostly out of fear of a repeat of Fubuki city. Quite frankly they considered the boy to be a hazard to everyone around him. Unknown to them Arata often heard them and their conversations about him. The word Hazard ringing throughout his mind.

He decided it'd be best if he disappeared, and made plans to do so. However before he could put his plans into actions, one man came to the officials dressed in a uniform Arata had never seen before. After speaking with them for awhile he was lead to Arata's room.

"Hey there kid, I know this is a bit sudden but you're going to live with me." said the stranger as he smiled at Arata.

Arata simply stared at him confused by both the mans claim and his lack of fear towards him.

"I'm guessing you're confused on why I'm not afraid of you and why I said you'd be living with me aren't ya kid?"

Arata nodded his head in agreement shocked by the fact the man seemed to understand what he was thinking at a glance.

"Simple kid, I've seen far worse things in my life and others with far scarier powers than yours. You could also say I see abit of my past myself in you. So I want to help you and put you on the right path and teach you to control those flames of yours. So what do you say kid? Come with me and make something of yourself or try to make it by yourself on the streets and probably dying?" he said as he glanced at a corner of the room looking at a bag I had prepared for my escape.

Arata sat there lost in thought, he had nothing and no one left. No future to speak of, and a past he'd rather not remember. After thinking about it for a few mintues, he made his decision.

"I'll go with you."

A/N: There you are folks another of the S-ranked revealed! This one came from the mind of ALIVE_OO, I hope you all enjoy his origin story and look forward to him and his team taking part in future events!

With that said there is only one remaining S-ranked to be introduced and I hope you all are looking forward to meeting her! As a side note, my health is improving and I'm hopeful that I'll soon be able to go back to doing regular updates. As always thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!