Mission 40: Inko and Mythical Metals

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~IzukuPOV~~~~~~~

You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time, but I figured it wouldn't be as bad since we were getting stuff for Eri. I was wrong, so very, very wrong. For the next few hours, I was dragged around by Momo, Izumi, and Eri. I made the greatest worst mistake I could have ever made.

While walking past the food court, I caught Eri eyeing a vendor selling candied apples. I realized she must have never really gotten to enjoy things like that because of her upbringing. Without a word I walked over and bought one for her. I gave it to her, she gave me a confused look.

"Go ahead and try it Eri, its a sweet treat called a candy apple." She nodded and slowly gave it a taste. Her eyes widened and she gave me the brightest smile I'd ever seen.

 Her eyes widened and she gave me the brightest smile I'd ever seen

A/N: I do not own this image^ 

I could feel my heart melting and I fought hard not to just grab her and smother her with a hug. I wanted her to enjoy her candied apple without interruption. Hence which I grabbed Momo by the waist and Izumi by the collar to keep them from hugging her.

I learned my first lesson as a father soon after that. It is never wise to feed sugar to an excited child, especially one who wasn't used to having it. It was like Eri became a being of pure raw energy made entirely of rubber. She was basically bouncing off the walls as Momo and Izumi helped her pick out clothes, toys and stuff for her room in the Yaoyorozu manor.

As they dragged my useless self around during this shopping spree, as I apparently have no taste in room decorations. I was making a few calls, getting a few things settled. One of which was Nezu, who agreed to make a few changes to the dorms.

Namely a whole new floor made to house myself, Eri and Momo as she decided Eri needed a mother figure, so she was moving in with us. The new space would be ready once classes started up again.

The other calls were to the other members of Alpha team, as I made a promise to Lily during the Hosu mission. So since we were given leave, and the schools were out I figured now was a good time. Plus Denki could be formally introduced to the other members.

On that note, I really should get around to filling the other 3 spots in Alpha. Alpha team is pretty unique in Parabellum. Unlike the others, Alpha team members are chosen by other former members, the current captain, or in very rare occasions the commander of the branch.

I had yet to chose replacements, I had a couple of people in mind but I wasn't sure if they would agree. I decided to make time later to talk with them and see if they'd be interested, if not I'd dig around through Parabellum's worldwide files and recruit from other branches.

Finally after many hours of shopping and buying everything needed for Eri and a quite a few things for Momo and Izumi, that somehow appeared along with Eri's stuff. Doing my duty as the only guy there, I carried everything. Both of my arms covered in bags as I just stuck my hands through the loops and slid them on like armbands.