Mission 56: Retaking I-Island pt.3

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~~~NemurePOV~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! hey! S.Death! Looky here!" an excited Bloodstalker proudly showed off her latest kill. A bloody corpse slashed to pieces. Blood splattered all her face, her mouth curled into what can only be described as a feral grin.

"Too messy and too loud Bloodstalker, you need to work on your knife skills." I said as I rolled my eyes at her less than stellar wet work.

"Bitch please, its beautiful BECAUSE of the splatter! Its the natural beauty of it! The way the blood splurts out wild and uncontrolled freed of its mortal coil, that is beautiful! The only thing more beautiful, is izu-baby's beaten and bloody body." She shivered as she said this her eyes rolling back slightly as she obviously remembered something.

"Don't think about trying it Toga, I'll kill you if you try harming him." I warned as I wrapped a wire around her neck pulling on it. It tightened against her skin drawing a slight trickle of blood. She simply continued to smile, unfazed by my action. After a minute, I let up on the hold freeing her.

"While I do like my Izu-baby bloody, its no fun if he's not into it. Besides, Eri doesn't like blood so if she ever caught me doing that to her daddy, she'd never forgive me." she said her voice growing sad.

I watched this psycho go from happy to be covered in blood to sad her daughter would hate her if she let her kinks out on her baby daddy. I thought I had issues when I first joined parabellum, I guess she'll fit in alright. Still going to keep an eye on her though, not sure I trust her yet.

"So long as you don't try to anything you'll live. Now shut up and lets continue the mission." I said as we stuck to the shadows heading to the northern part of the island heading towards the armory and the testing grounds for new weapons. 

After about an hour, we reached the area with minimal resistance. I grew concerned as I noticed our fallen comrades. So many dead, all died by gunshot wounds, no time to mourn them. What bothered me was the fact they had been killed by guns. 

I knew some of these men and women, and their quirks would have made it near impossible to kill them with guns. Also the way they died and the locations where we found them, it was like they were being pushed the entire time. Whoever attacked seemed to know how and where they would move.

As we crept close to the armory, we could hear the sound of metal being grounded as it was being cut by an grinder. I immediately realized whoever attacked was still here, and they were still trying to get into the vaults.

Lucky for us parabellum takes security seriously, failsafe upon failsafe, Vaults within vaults. My guess was that they might be one, maybe two vaults in. I held Bloodstalker back, as I activated my quirk Night Crawler and sent him into the shadows. 

Allowing him to travel unseen into the building and the vaults to see what we were dealing with. While Night crawler was sentient, he couldn't talk and communicated by sending images directly into my mind.

My blood boiled in rage once he sent back an imagine of two of the invaders. Of course this all makes sense now, how they knew how we'd respond, where defenses would be weakest and even the location of the armory. 

Of course they'd know after all. They used to be a part of parabellum, they went rogue two years ago. The former Lima-squad lead by Wolfram, I was looking at his second-in-command Swordkil and Daigo another member of Lima.

"Fucking traitors! I hope we are still in coms range. Bloodstalker, keep an eye out, I have to call this in." I whispered to her as I pressed on my earpiece. "Alpha, this is recon squad, do you copy?"

"Roger Recon, this is Rescue squad read you lima-charlie. Be advised hostiles are still inbound in our AO, and I have a report, have you made contact with Alpha command?" came the reply

"Negative rescue, have had no comms with command, have urgent news about the invaders. They are at least being shown the way by some blue falcons. I say again, they are being lead by some blue falcons. Comms may be comprised, rank 16 of the list over."

"Roger, will go radio silent after this transmission. Be advised, hostiles are using a prototype ammunition that causes loss of quirks, unsure if permanent or not. Use extreme caution over." and then the radio went quiet

Shit just went from fucked to fucked in the ass with a bat wrapped with razor wire.

A/N: Sorry about the shorter than usual chapter, trying to get back into the flow of writing. I'm in the middle of changing my routine as I've picked up a part-time job, hence why my updates have changed so much lately. 

In other news, I'd like your opinions on this book, specifically how long I should keep it running. I have alot of ideas with this story but I am unsure if I should keep them in this book and possibly/probably make this the longest running Izumomo book. Or if I should find a decent spot to stop before continuing the story in a second book.

Let me know what you guys think. As always thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!