Chapter 153

Chapter 153

Thomas goes home and sees that Alana is just getting in from the vet office. Alana takes one look at Thomas and knows something took place. It's written all over his face and body language.

"What happened Thomas? What did your father say now?" Alana asks.

"Nothing, he isn't even worth talking about." Thomas spats.

"Maybe so, but if you don't talk about it, it will just fester inside of you. Talk to me." Alana says.

"After all these years I just can't take how he treats my mother. What he does to her!? Cheating on her till this day and acting like it's all her fault." Thomas replies.

"That is between them Thomas, not really you and your father. I know it hurts you to see him do this to your mother, but it's their situation. Just like ours wasn't their fault or problem." Alana answers.

"I know but still. He is saying my mom is sick. Instead of being there for her, he is with his girlfriend and my mother is with my sister. He made my mother, my sister's responsibility." Thomas states.

"No, your mother did, she was the one who left the house and him. It's what your mother wants. She doesn't want your father. She never has if I am honest. I am sorry she is sick, I know that hurts you as well. I think she is at a better place with your sister. She is happy there. Your mother and father are just not happy together." Alana responds.

"You think he would try and hide it? Or care, but he doesn't." Thomas spats.

"Thomas when people don't care about each other anymore there isn't anything to hide. You want your freedom, you want to be you. You want to be with the person you want and be happy." Alana says.

"Is that how you feel? How you felt?"Thomas asks.

"We said we would never go back there. It's a part of my life, I rather not talk about it anymore. I am happy being here with you, and our family." Alana states.

"I know you still care for him, think about him. I also know I am just like my mother and let it slide.." Thomas answers.

"Are you trying to put me in the same category as your father? I know I made a mistake but I am not where near him. I kept my promise to you." Alana responds.

"Yes you have, and no your not like him. I am sorry, just all this brought up so much shit. I just feel sorry for my mother. Please don't take what I said the wrong way. " Thomas rethinks.

"It's fine. I know you are hurting. Just don't let your father get to you. You can't stop how he thinks or what he does. He has always been different. " Alana comments.

"I know, Sunday maybe a dinner. I want to go to this one. He said it may be the last one for a while. I want to see my mother. Let her see our kids. I want to talk to her and see what is really going on. I want Tommy to come as well. "Thomas says.

"Thats fine, if it means that much for you. I will take Sunday off from the vet. I can check in when we return home, I have so much work to catch up on. Is so busy." Alana admits.

"Thank you, I know you are busy, it means a lot that you will come with me. I do wish you didn't throw yourself into your work as much. I know coming from me that must sound.....weird. All those years ago you telling me the same. Wanting me around. I guess I see it all now." Thomas confesses.

"I know you need me, and I am here for your Thomas. We have come a long way. I know and I am sorry about work. I will try to cut down, its just been so busy and Judy only comes in twice a week now. That just puts more workload onto me." Alana states.

"Can't you just hire someone?" Thomas asks.

"I could I guess, but I rather not. I like doing it myself. I am just used to it. You know how that is." Alana laughs.

"Unfortunately I do." Thomas chuckles.

Thomas and Alana head to the kitchen to get something to eat. They sit down and talk some more and then head to bed. Having a nice relationship. One that had grown, even though Thomas was thinking back at everything from today's events with his father. He knew not to let them mess everything up.

Alana knew it brought up a lot of the past. Sr. always was a thorn in her side. She just learned not to let him win, and not to give in to anything. She didn't make it ruin what her and Thomas now have even with his statements she let them slide over her head. She just knew even though it was forgiven it was never forgotten and haunted them till this day.

She also knew she through herself in her work, it was her safe haven, away from the past, away from Luke. Away from the pain. She knew what an ass Sr. was, she also knew how he felt to be with someone, he really didn't love. Not in a way your suppose to, just she learned how to deal with hers and find the good things in Thomas to love. Where Sr. never seemed to find that.