Chapter 143

Chapter 143

It is now Christmas time and its time for Luke to have his child with his wife. They have been getting along great for the last few months. Whitney giving Luke everything he asked for and more, which just leaves him feeling even more confused about what took place with Alana and even his feelings. He pushes them behind him and does his best to enjoy what is taking place right now. Just every so often he thinks of her, and wonders if she is ok? Even wondering if the child she is carrying is his. He doesn't tell Brad or anyone what he is feeling. He just carries it, as he always has.

He knows there is no turning back now, they both had different lives, that didn't include the other. Both of their lives were going normal and good, he wanted to keep it that way. Giving his marriage the chance he wanted it to have. Just at times, the quilt bothers him greatly. First for cheating on his wife, and second for now being in love with someone else.

As Luke is sitting in the kitchen drinking his coffee he hears his wife give out a scream from the bathroom. Luke gets up off his stool and runs to the bathroom, seeing his wife's water has broken.

"Babe are you ok?" Luke asks.

"Yes, we need to get to the hospital," Whitney says.

"Ok, I will grab your bag, let's go." Luke answers.

Both of them getting into the car and driving to the hospital. Luke is nervous and not really sure how he is going to like being a father. He really wasn't all that into having children, he enjoyed his freedom, so did Whitney, but she wanted this all of a sudden, and here they were. He knew things were going to change, and he still wasn't sure he was ready for it.

They walk into the hospital going to the maternity ward. It all seems too real to Luke. He stands by Whitneys side, trying to make her feel better, as he sees she is in great pain. He keeps all his own insecurities inside, not wanting Whitney to know any of them. He wanted her to see him as a strong man there for her when really he was a little boy not sure of anything.

Luke stays by her side as she gives birth to their child. He holds her hand and tells her he loves her. A thought about Alana going through this also goes through his mind. "What did she have? Did she hurt? Is it mine?" He asks himself all these questions, then turns it off going back to Whitney knowing this isn't the time or place for this.

The child is born and placed on Whitney's chest, Luke just looks at the tiny baby, overwhelmed with emotions.

"You have a baby girl." The doctor states looking at both Luke and his wife.

"She is gorgeous," Luke says.

"Yes, she is," Whitney answers just in awe of the little girl.

They hand the baby to Luke and he just holds her, looking at her. He was scared this would change his life. He was scared he didn't want this, He was scared of so many things. Just once they handed him this child, It did change things, in a whole different way then he thought. He was in love, real love, true love. What he feels for this baby girl, he never felt in his life. She was his world, his light. She was his and he wanted her.

He sits in the hospital chair just in awe of her.

"She is so tiny, so perfect." Luke states.

Whitney just looks at him, knowing he fell in love. Knowing this would make their marriage stronger. She knew there were months where Luke wasn't himself, that he was being pushed away from her and their marriage. She felt it, saw it. Its why she wanted to have this child, to bring them closer together and stop whatever was going on with him. She knew he wasn't a strong man, that he had doubts, overthought, and would break down at times. She has been with him long enough to know him, and she didn't want to lose him. She put her own wants of her career on the backburner to make this marriage heal. She saw this child was doing just that, fixing it better than she tried to in the past few months. She felt a relief wash over her, they would be fine.

Their daughter would bring them together, and make Luke change for the better. It brings a smile to her face as she watches them together. It's all she ever wanted.