Chapter 175

Chapter 175

Alana heads home that night, walking into the kitchen to find Thomas making dinner for the both of them.

"Hey, how was your day?" Thomas asks.

"It was interesting. I have some news for you." Alana answers.

"Ok, what's up? What did Judy do now?" Thomas laughs.

"It's not about Judy, it's about our son," Alana replies.

"Oh really? What did he do?" Thomas asks.

"It seems our son has been hiding his girlfriend for the past seven months." Alana comments.

"That's great, well I mean not that he hid her just that he has her. That boy has been so work-driven I never thought he would date." Thomas reveals.

"I know, he was like someone else I know," Alana replies.

"I know, but I still did get married and have children. I wanted it all, we know how that turned out but still. Our son is getting to an age where he should be thinking about a family. I don't want to see him end up alone. I learned work can only give you partial satisfaction, you need more. I learned what was more important way too late." Thomas acknowledges.

"He seems really smitten with her. I see him talking to her a lot during the day. You should see the smiles on his face, it's how I knew something was up." Alana states.

"That's good, why has he kept her a secret?" Thomas asks.

"Supposedly she is younger than him. I didn't ask just how young as I was trying not to pry. He was so happy, it made me happy. I am guessing it's just a few years different." Alana responds

"I guess he is more like his father than I thought." Thomas laughs.

Alana just rolls her eyes."Uh-huh." She responds.

"So when do we get to meet her?" Thomas asks.

"I am not sure, he said we may all go to meet her parents," Alana says.

"That sounds serious if we are all meeting each other. Does he have something in mind?" Thomas asks.

"He didn't go into it, he said he would let me know. So I guess we wait," Alana answers.

"I guess so, did he give any more details to this lady? What is her name?" Thomas asks.

"I got that her name is Billie, that was about it. He kept everything else to himself. I didn't want to push, figured he would tell me when he wanted to and what he wanted to. I was just so happy to hear he found someone. I just hope it works out for the best. His last girl, didn't. She couldn't stand his work hours or him studying so hard to become a vet. OH, that reminds me, this one is studying to be a vet tech so she would understand more." Alana comments.

"That's great, maybe she can come work at the vet, you can train and get to know her," Thomas says.

"That's a great idea lets just let Tom suggest it. I am not getting in the way. This is his choice of what they want to do." Alana answers.

"Ok, I just thought it would be a great idea. She would be close and you could get to know her. See what she is all about." Thomas says.

"I know. So what are you cooking it smells great."Alana states.

"I am making some pork chops with mashed potatoes. It will be ready in a few minutes. Go get changed so we can sit down to eat." Thomas responds.

"Ok." Alana answers.

Alana goes upstairs to change, seeing how her life has changed, how the kids are no longer kids. They were both adults living their own lives. She just sits and thinks about how the time flew by. She also sees how her and Thomas's friendship grew. How if nothing else they could talk to each other and they get to share in their children's lives together. It was one thing that made her stay, wanting her children to have a family life with both parents. She gave that to them and sacrificed her own wants and desires. At the moment, she doesn't regret it, It was wonderful seeing them happy.