Chapter 176

Chapter 176

A few days later, Alana is at the vet office, and it's almost time to close. She sees a young girl walk into the vet, dressed in her own scrubs. The girl has long brown wavy hair, brown eyes, and is slender. She is cute.

"May I help you?" Alana asks.

"Yes, I am here to pick up Tom. I am Billie." She answers.

"Sure, I will let him know you are here. I am his mother." Alana responds.

"Oh it's nice to meet you, I believe Tom told you a little about me? I am studying to become a vet tech." Billie answers.

"Yes, he told me something like that. If you need a vet to do your course with we are more than welcome to have you here." Alana suggests.

"Oh, that is a wonderful idea, I will give it some thought. Tom brought it up the other night, but I didn't want to be in the way, since we are dating." Billie says.

"You wouldn't be in the way, it's a way for you to learn and for us to get to know each other. " Alana responds.

"I will talk it over with Tom and let you know. Thank you so much for the invite." Billie comments.

"No problem at all, I will let him know you are here for him." Alana states.

Alana takes a good look at this woman in front of her, she is nice enough but she just wonders about her age. She doesn't want to come out and ask her how old she is, but from the look of things, she is very young. Did Tom know what he was doing? Would these two have enough in common. Tom was already thirty-six years old. This girl looked like she was in her early twenties.

"Tom, your lady friend is here to see you. She seems very nice." Alana says.

"Thank you mom, I will be right out. I was just getting ready to leave. We are heading out to dinner." Tom states.

"I told her it would be a good idea to intern here with us. She said she would talk it over with you." Alana states.

''I think it's a nice idea I did bring it up when we talked the other day. She is worried that she may be in the way, being my girlfriend, or people may think she is getting special attention because she is." Tom replies.

"I told her not to worry about that. This is our office, no one is going to say anything. Judy could careless. She would love help answering the phones, it would give her more time to groom the pets." Alana answers.

"I know, I will tell her again. Thank you mom for everything." Tom says.

"Tom, are you really sure she is the girl for you?" Alana asks not able to hold back.

"Mom, why did you ask me that? She is a wonderful girl. I never met anyone like her. She takes my breath away and makes me feel like no one else has." Tom admits.

Alana thinks back to when she felt like that, and the person who made her feel this way. It brings tears to her eyes.

"I know that feeling all too well Tom. I know it doesn't happen often in a lifetime, it's just she is quite young. I just don't want to see you hurt. I just don't know if she is ready to settle down, that's all." Alana comments.

"She is young, yes, but she has an old soul. She wants the same things as me, to settle down have a child and build her career. We already talked about all this. If she didn't want, what I do, I wouldn't be with her this long. I am not looking for just a fling. I want something serious, and I told her this already. She wants the same."Tom announces.

"Ok, I was just making sure, You go and have fun on your date." Alana answers.

"I will mom. I will talk to you later."Tom replies.

Alana just stands there and wonders, he found the connection he wanted, but will it last? Will this young girl wants to settle down, and no regret doing it so young. Alana knows she did, and what happened with Luke. She found him at a stage in their lives where they couldn't change their lives. She just hoped the same didn't happen to these two. She knows life is short, and to always wonder about that certain someone is awful. Or to wonder what could have been, if she made different choices even before meeting Luke.

She also knows her son is a grown man and can make his own choices. She just hoped for the best, this was a good one.