Chapter 122

Chapter 122

Brad sees Luke sitting in his office, he has noticed the last few days he hasn't been himself. He doesn't even talk to him much, and he sees he is going into a depression.

He knows he needs to talk to him, and see what is going on. He is his long time friend, and he needed him more now than ever.

"Knock, Knock," Brad says opening the office door and walking in.

"Hey," Luke answers in a low voice.

"What's going on? I see lately you are so down, are you and Whitney fighting?" Brad asks.

"No, she is on cloud nine, lately. She told me the other day she is pregnant." Luke admits.

"Wow, congrats bud!! Finally. She really wants this? I mean really Whitney?" Brad replies.

"Apparently, she does. It was all her idea like I told you before. I am not sure why now, but she does. I thought it would have taken longer, but it happened in no time. To be honest I thought she was bullshitting." Luke confesses.

"So did I. She never wanted it before now all of a sudden out of nowhere she wants to be a happy homemaker and mommy? But that is what you wanted, you wanted her to be around more, so you go it. Shouldn't you be happy?" Brad asks.

"At the start, I was. I wanted it to work, I did everything I could to make it work. I just missed Alana so bad, I went to read all her texts, how much she misses me, wants me. I feel the same and messaged her back, thinking I was going to meet up with her." Luke responds.

"....We are back on this? So what she didn't show?"Brad asks.

"No, her husband did,"Luke informs.

"WTF? OMG, what did he say? He knows?"Brad comment.s

"Yea, he knows, he got the message instead of her, telling me they are working on their marriage, and I need to stay away. If I don't he will tell Whitney everything and he has proof of it all. Even pictures. He even went as far as to say they were having another child together." Luke says sadly.

"Wow, he had some balls, but then it is his wife. Just it doesn't make sense, not from all that you told me about Alana. She really loves you, why would she want to make it work with him? And have another child with him?" Brad states.

"That is what has been replaying over and over in my mind. Three months ago she messaged me saying she had something important to tell me. I never answered. I wonder if that was it? Was she pregnant? Or she was going to make it work? I have been texting her but I get nothing. He must have taken her phone." Luke answers.

"Well that would make some sense she was pregnant you didn't answer, so she tries to make it work with him, and pin it on him. That way her life stays the same and the child has a stable home. You never were very stable with your relationship with her, you always backed out and then in again." Brads confronts.

"I know, its been a mess. I do want her, I love her very much with all my heart. It's just it's complicated and now more than ever. Maybe Thomas is right, just leave it alone. We are better off the way we are. I got what I asked for now I need to see it through. I wouldn't only be leaving her now, I would be leaving a child." Luke comments.

"And if she is carrying your child as well?" Brad says.

"I am not sure if it is mine or not. It kills me to think she will raise it with him, even be with him! Just if she is fixing it all up to make things the way she needs, then I am going to let her have that. Like you said she is stable with him, not with me. I can't make her leave him, and then I change my mind again because of Whitney. She is better off with him. He stepped up to the plate, he is a better man than me." Luke sighs.

"He isn't better, he just knows what he wants. You are in a depression, and it's not good. For you, Whitney or Alana." Brad states.

"I just feel down, I do know what I want, I just can't go for it. My fear takes over, and I stay where I am. I like safe, I always have." Luke admits.

"Yea, and it never got you anywhere either! Sometimes in life, you need to take a chance, to see where it leads. Sometimes it leads to the best things in life, and others it doesn't but if you don't take that chance, you will never know."Brad replies.

"That is very true, but you have to realize taking that chance, doesn't only affect me and Alana, there are other people involved in this. Others to get hurt and now even two innocent babies." Luke responds.

"There you go playing it safe again. I am here with you whichever you choose, I want to see you happy. If you are going to give her up, then you need to fully. Just focus on you and Whitney and the baby, and don't look back." Brad comments.

"I am trying." Luke answers.