Chapter nine

Chapter 9

Thomas gets up bright and early and takes his son to see his mother and father. Loren and Thomas Sr. Both are in their sixties, and stuck in their own ways. Thomas Sr. was a bute of a man, always pushing his ways onto other people. Always wanting to control the situation. Thomas Jr. followed in his father's footsteps.

Thomas Sr. was a 5'8 stocky man with salt and pepper hair. His Mother Loren was tall and very slender, with brown long hair with bangs. The woman looked as if she never ate a thing. Which was kind of creepy.

She was another one set in her ways, always trying to tell Thomas Jr. what to do, how to act, how to feel. Neither mother or father ever liked Thomas Jr.'s girlfriends, and they surely were not too fond of his wife either. They always thought they were better, then the rest, that they raised their two children better. Neither were anything special, Loren was a Teacher, and Thomas Sr. worked for the city.

Thomas's sister went off to live with her boyfriend, which they didn't like either. Just his sister Raven didn't care what they thought. She was in love and wanted to live her own life. Where Thomas Jr. was stuck with them, wanting to be the perfect son.

Thomas gets to their typical two-story row home in the city, not too far away from where he lived. Their house was shabby on the inside, everything pretty outdated. They were not into fixing anything. They were happy living the way they always have. Again stuck in the old fashion ways of the past.

"Thomas I am so glad to see you. Tommy can go watch the game with your father." Loren says.

"I come here every Sunday mom, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise." Thomas answers.

"I wasn't expecting you though, I thought you were going to be away and would be too tired to come over," Loren replies.

"Naw, I was looking forward to seeing you. Plus I needed to ask you for a favor." Thomas responds.

"Of course? What do you need?" Loren asks.

"Wednesday, Alana and I are going out, would you mind if Tommy would come over?" Thomas says.

"Not at all, we love having him over. You're going out? You two never do this? What is the occasion?" Loren comments.

"Oh mother, she is on this kick of wanting to spend more time together, wanting some spice. She watches way too much tv and thinks all that romantic crap is real. Now she wants me to reenact it. You know its not my thing. I think she just likes to play games, she brings this shit up every now and then. Maybe to just bug me." Thomas states.

"I think it's nice that she at least ask you to do this, she is coming to you with what she wants. Maybe you should listen instead of thinking its foolish. Your wife is younger than you Thomas, you had to see this coming. She isn't asking anything bad. Isn't it better she asks you then goes somewhere else?" Loren remarks.

"I guess you can see it that way. I see it more as just wanting to take attention away from work. She knew I was very into my job, she should be over it by now. And she isn't the type to go somewhere else. She is all talk and no show. She wouldn't know where to start. She talks about spicing up our sex life, our sex life is just fine." Thomas replies.

"I would take the things she is saying seriously, they are things that are bothering her. I don't know about your sex life, and truly don't want to, that's between you two. Just enjoy Wednesday, enjoy being with your wife. Don't be like your father so hard-headed. " Loren comments.

"We will see, I don't mind being with her. That's not the problem, it's just we are together at night and she goes off to do her own thing. She isn't with me anyway, we are happy doing our own thing, then here and there she comes back with this." Thomas says.

"I don't know what to tell you, Thomas, just make sure it doesn't lead to anything. You getting separated or divorced doesn't look good. It would only cause problems., ones we don't need." Loren states.

"It will never get to that. We have been doing this for years. We will go out Wednesday have dinner, spend the night, and everything will be squashed." Thomas answers.

"Good, make sure that happens," Loren replies.

Thomas doesn't think anything of it, feeling that Alexa would never leave him. He just takes all this as a game, feeling Alexa just likes to complain.

He stays at his mother and fathers, for lunch enjoying the morning and afternoon with them. After he just goes home, going to his office.

Alana walks by his office seeing he is home.

"Everything go well?" Alana asks.

"Yes, my mother said she would take care of Tommy on Wednesday, he can go there straight from school, and I will then pick you up after work," Thomas responds.

"Sounds good, Thank you," Alana replies.

"Yea."Thomas answers.