Chapter 142

Chapter 142

Alana doesn't stay any time in the hospital, only two days, before they know it, its time to go home. Thomas sees how Alana just looks at the baby, how much attention she gives to it, and loves it already. It does make him wonder if that is because of its Lukes. He just pushes that to the back of his mind, giving the little girl his time as well.

Alana shares her, equally letting Thomas be the father he wants to be to the child. She doesn't hold her back, Alana wants this little girl to have everything their son had and more.

Alana sees that Thomas is even more attentive with Lucia then he was with Tommy. It makes her happy to see Thomas is trying, and this can work. She holds back her feelings of sadness, knowing that Luke will never get to see this child grow up, or how she has his features and his curly hair.

When she looks at the tiny baby, she sees the love she has for its father, all the good times, and even worse than they had in such a short time. It makes her hurt, but she knows she can't hold on to it, she has to let go to make this life for her and her child.

If Luke didn't want them, that was fine. Thomas did, things would go on, as they always did. There was no changing or fixing it, it was, what it was. She knew if Luke wanted her, he would have already let her know. It was time to let go for her all the way now, even though part of her didn't want to.

Alana gets herself and the baby ready to leave the hospital. Thomas picking them both up, setting up the car seat. Alana hands Lucia to Thomas, and he just holds her close. He is surprised he doesn't feel any resentment towards her, but he doesn't. He sits in the chair looking out the hospital window, while Alana gathers up the rest of her things to go.

He looks at the baby, feeling she is their new start.

"You may not be mine, biologically, but you are my daughter. I will watch over you and protect you, for as long as I am here on this earth. I will keep this secret to my grave, and I will treat you as I treat my son. You will not want for anything, I am your father, and always will be." Thomas says kissing the little girl on her head.

"Are you ready to go Thomas?" Alana asks.

"Yes, I was ready to leave this place days ago. I hate hospitals." Thomas states.

"I know, so do I. I can't wait to go home and be in our own bed."Alana answers.

"Everything is ready for you when you are home. I took care of everything, even dinner." Thomas replies.

"Oh really? Thank you, that's wonderful." Alana answers.

"I know you're tired and want to spend time with the baby. So I took care of the rest." Thomas responds.

"Thank you, and I mean that. I will be happy tonight in our own bed. I missed you beside me." Alana admits.

"Same, it's not the same without you at home. The house isn't a home. It's just empty. I am so glad you will be back." Thomas confesses.

"You don't have to worry, I am not going anywhere Thomas," Alana says.

"Good, because I don't know what I would do if you did. I love you Alana, and I know it took me a long time to admit it, and show it, but I do." Thomas comments.

"I know you do, you have proved it in many ways. I thank you for being here, and standing by me." Alana states.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." Thomas answers.

Thomas gets the baby and they go down to the car, where he puts the baby in the car seat, Alana getting in on her side and Thomas in the driver's seat. Thomas just looks at his family and is happy. Yes, it happened not the way he would have wanted, but he got the family he always wanted anyway.

They drive home, where Tommy is waiting for them, the walk-in putting the baby in the swing, and all heading to the table to eat the food that Thomas got ready before picking Alana up.

They sit there interacting with each other, laughing with each other. Finally happy and being a real family. Thomas sees that Alana has changed in a lot of ways, and had no intentions of leaving or going anywhere. Whatever was in her system was now out, and he was grateful for it.

When dinner is done, Alana and Thomas spend time with their children. Giving both of them attention, Alana asking Tommy how his days were and if everything was ok? While Thomas feeds Lucia, all of them sitting on the sofa watching a movie together.

Later on in the evening, Tommy heads to bed, and Thomas and Alana put Lucia to bed as well. Doing it together, Thomas just holds Alana in his arms while watching their daughter sleeps.

"It was all worth it, wasn't it?"Thomas says.

"Yes, it sure seems so. Sometimes you have to go to hell, to see what you really wanted, or what was really there the whole time." Alana admits.

"We made it through hell, that is what matters." Thomas answers.

"Yes, we did," Alana responds.

Both of them head to their bedroom getting into bed. Alana curls up to Thomas as he does some work in bed. They chat before she falls asleep next to him.

Thomas is relieved so far that everything is so nice. He wants to keep it this way, and never end. He just looks at her sleeping beside him, and says "It was worth it."