Chapter 146

Chapter 146

Sunday comes, and they all get ready to go to the in-laws like every Sunday. Loren has been back home on Sundays for a bit now, wanting to cook and have her children and grandchildren over. Sr. likes it, it gives them both time with the kids and away from each other. Nothing really changed their relationship, they just try to make it nice for the grandkids. They both enjoy them. Sr. finds Lucia to be cute, but he has his doubts that she is his son's child. It is always in the back of his mind, and her curly hair doesn't help with it. He tries not to treat the child any different, as he finds her cute, and even sweet. He just feels his son, is a dumb ass for putting up with all of this.

An affair was one thing, but raising another man's child was another. One Sr. himself could never do. He sees his son is so blinded by things, that he let more than needed go over his head, and if Sr. was honest, he didn't know why. Yes, Sr. didn't want the people to laugh, or know his business, but even he had his breaking point.

They go over to the in-law's house, Thomas walking in holding Lucia. Alana just walks in going into the kitchen, wanting to get this over with as fast as she can, not even saying hello to Sr. She was still mad at Thomas and still trying to settle everything in her own mind, and being with here wasn't helping. She had to put on an act, that she wasn't feeling at the moment. It wasn't about being with Thomas. She just didn't like these people, their ways, or even their traditions. She just did it to make Thomas happy. After all, she did, she felt like she owed him. so here she was.

"Did your wife wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Sr. asks.

"It's a long story." Thomas answers.

"I have nothing to do, what happened now? You two were getting along really well, I have to say. To be honest, it didn't even seem like you two at times. She get tired of the sex?" Sr. Laughs.

"No, it has nothing to do with that. She found the phone I stole from her in my closet."Thomas reveals.

"Couldn't you just say, maybe she dropped it there? And what was the big deal?" Sr. asks.

"She saw the texts, and that I replied to him instead of her." Thomas states.

"Oh, you dummy why didn't you get rid of the piece of shit? So is she going back to him?" Sr. Asks.

"I totally forgot about it. So much was going on, I wasn't thinking. No, she says she isn't going anywhere. She is madder at me, taking it from her and lying. I am not sure what is really going on." Thomas replies.

"Did she contact him behind your back again? I mean really she was so in love with him and she is just letting it go now? I am sure she is thinking about everything that could have been if it was her that answered that text, and not you." Sr. Responds.

"I am sure also, but she didn't answer him, or tell him. I checked myself. What she told me, was the truth. She is cold to me at times and very quiet, the sex stopped at the moment. She said she needs space. Things were going so well before this." Thomas comments.

"You are both living a lie, so I am not sure how well it's going. It is just catching up with you little by little. She is in love with another man Thomas, that isn't going to change or go away. Even though she is trying, not to give in to it, she isn't ever really going to be happy with you." Sr. admits.

"Thanks, Dad, really? I can't make my own wife happy? I know she strayed but things were good, we had a connection again." Thomas states.

"A connection? Or just faking it, so you can take care of this child? She knows he isn't, that he isn't man enough to." Sr. snaps.

"It's my child, he doesn't have to take care of it." Thomas snaps back.

"Whoever child it is, Luke isn't going to step up for it. He knew she was pregnant he ran to his wife and made his own baby. He never looked back. She knows he knew about the child, I am sure you said something." Sr. barks.

"Yea, I did. I told her I said she was pregnant with my child." Thomas answers.

"And what did she answer?" Sr. asks.

"He knows?" Thomas states.

"Exactly, he knows and did nothing. That is what is keeping her still. How many times do you think you can get lucky in this mess?" Sr. replies.

"I think it's over, she said she is staying and making it work, I believe her. She will get over what is pissing her off, and we can move on. We moved on from worse." Thomas says.

"This marriage is too much work. You know that? Marriages are hard, but this is beyond. There is a time to just call it quits." Sr. responds.

"I am not giving up. It will be fine." Thomas comments.

"If you say so. There isn't anything else you are hiding Or she is? What else can come out of the closet?" Sr. asks.

"Nothing everything is out now," Thomas replies.

"What about the PI?" Sr. states.

"Nothing to link back to him, or anything. I was smart in that. I took care of it all. To be honest, I don't even think she is mad at me today, just that she had to come here. She is tired of it." Thomas admits.

"Well, how do you like that, anything else that bothers her? So now your not going to come here? She wants to fuck that up as well?" Sr. Barks.

"No, I was just stating a fact. Maybe we should come every other week instead. Make our own tradition on Sunday."Thomas confesses.

"What else do you want to give up for her Thomas?" Sr. snaps.

"Not really giving anything up, I think it would be nice to do our own thing, here and there." Thomas remarks.

"She has you so pussy whipped it's not even funny." Sr. says.

"It's not all her, I been thinking about it for a while now. Tommy is getting older and will be leaving for college I want to spend as much time as a family before that." Thomas answers.

"If you say so." Sr. snears.

It wasn't all Alana, Thomas was tired of hearing his father put everything down. He wanted his own family, and for this to work. he understood why Alana didn't want to go there and got tired of things. It would give him a break, to go every other Sunday, and also make Alana happy. It was a win, win.