Chapter 127

Chapter 127

A few days go by, Thomas doing his best to put everything behind him, just at times he finds it hard. The affair wasn't that hard to get over, it was the child. Sometimes knowing she was carrying Luke's child, bothered him, more than he would like to admit. He just knew he couldn't go the rest of the time like this. He also knew it was Sunday and he would see his father, he would ask what was up? He had to explain it all over again, which now, to be honest, was more of a pain in the ass. It would dreg up more pain, and to tell his father this wasn't his child, was crippling him.

Even though it was his very own father, he felt ashamed to tell him the truth. He already knew his father would be upset and hold this over the child, Alana, and even him. He understood it, but he didn't want to go through this for the rest of his life.

As he sits there on the sofa waiting for his family to get ready, he thinks of all this. He knew he had to calm this down, and make it go away.

"Are you ready to leave Thomas?" Alana says, getting no answer.

She goes up to him and touches his shoulder, which makes him jump.

"Oh sorry, I didn't hear you." Thomas answers.

"Are you ok? You looked as though you were somewhere else?" Alana asks.

"Just thinking about something at work, I am fine. Are you ready to go?" Thomas says.

"Yes, I was asking you the same," Alana replies.

"Sorry, Let's just go. I don't want to stay too long tonight, I am tired and have a lot of work to take care of in the morning." Thomas responds.

"That is fine with me, I don't like staying that long anyway. I do it for you." Alana comments.

"I know you do and I appreciate it. I know my parents are hard to get along with, and you always bit your tongue to make me happy." Thomas reveals.

"It's ok, I am just glad you realize it." Alana states.

"I realize a lot, It just took me some time," Thomas replies.

"As they say better late than never?" Alana responds.

"Yes very true," Thomas says.

They all get into the car and head to Sr.'s home. When they get there Sr. is sitting in his regular chair near the tv. He just stares at Alana as she walks in. He can't help how he feels towards her, even though he doesn't say anything. This woman was hurting his son, his family, they would be the laughing stock, it just burns him inside.

Alana just says hello and goes into the kitchen, having to deal with Loren. It was no picnic but she was used to it by now. Thomas takes a seat on the sofa next to his father's chair, knowing what his father is going to ask. Thomas was dreading it.

"Well, my boy, what is new? What have you found out?" Sr. Asks.

"I found out that Luke's wife is pregnant as well." Thomas answers.

"Hahaha." Sr. Laughs. "He wasn't so true to Alana was he? Fucking them both, he was a real winner. I guess that should keep him at bay, he has his own problems now." Sr. Adds cheerfully.

"Yes, that is what I and the PI figured. So we are thinking that part of all this is over." Thomas remarks.

"Good, what about the rest? I know you were going to the Dr.'s. What did she say? What did the PI find? IS that my grandchild?" Sr. snaps.

"Yea we went to the Dr.'s everything is fine the baby is great. Everything that the doctor told me, the PI confirmed was true. She is six weeks pregnant. So its mine, not Luke's" Thomas lies.

Thomas doesn't want him to know, or hold it over anyone. Not to mention hate the child once it's born. Thomas made a vow he would take this to the grave, and he would. If his father thought it was his, it would calm him down, and make things normal. That is what Thomas wanted. This was between him and Alana, and if he could let go of it, that was all that mattered.

"Well, you old devil, you did it. I am really glad it is yours. If it wasn't I was going to tell you to dump her, and let her fend for herself. Let her go run after him, and see what he would do for her, but this is different, it was just an affair, you can get over that. Raise your children, and try not to redo the mistakes you have done in the past." Sr. remarks.

"I have no intention of redoing the past. She wanted to come clean again, about it, and I told her it was the past. I asked her if she was staying, she said yes. I asked her if it was over, she said yes. I also asked if she would do it again. She said no, and I believe her. She seems truly sorry for it. It was a mistake, we all make those. I know I have to learn to trust her again, it takes time, but I will do it." Thomas answers.

"Your mother forgave me for mine, she knew about em. I never brought home any kids though. I knew better. Cheating is just about sex, getting what your missing from your relationship. For me, I never planned on leaving your mother. For your wife, it was different, she fell in love with him, it was more than sex.....it was her mistake."Sr. replies.

"I still don't think that was right of you to do to mom. But if she can forgive you, then it's not my place to judge. I guess I am in the same boat. I just will make sure she doesn't do this again."Thomas responds.

"The way he hurt her, she won't. In a way, you got lucky with that. In another way, the way she felt, feels about him, isn't good either. That love just doesn't go away son, it will stay there in her heart." Sr. comments.

"I know, but he will stay with his own wife, so we are all fine." Thomas remarks.

"If you can live with knowing she is in love with another man, that's great. She is with you out of obligation and now stuck because of another child. That's not because she loves or wants you, it's out of duty. Then a lot of marriages are like that, we stay out of duty, there is no love." Sr. answers.

"That can change in time, I see she is a bit different. She lets me be closer to her. She will heal, we will get past this. I know we will." Thomas states.

"Ok, if you say so. At least the child is yours. I feel great relief with that." Sr. says.

"Yea." Thomas replies.