Chapter 193

Chapter 193

The morning comes bright and early, Alana not getting much sleep no matter how hard she tried. Her mind wouldn't shut off. All she thought about was she would see him today, what would it be like?

She gets up and dressed trying to make everything seem like normal. It was a Sunday, and they were just planning to stay home and do nothing today. Alana takes her shower, getting ready for the day as Thomas just stays in bed relaxing.

Luke on the other hand it up bright and early as he didn't sleep much either. He heads to his office, remembering he didn't put a time in the letter to her. He was too in a hurry to get the note in her bag. He sits there on his computer going to Facebook, where he finds her.

Luke isn't holding back this time or overthinking. He pretty much has had enough of that. He goes to message her, without even second-guessing it.

"Hey, Sorry I forgot to tell you a time. Does twelve in the afternoon work for you?" Luke says sending the message.

He just hopes she gets it and it goes through.

Alana gets out of the shower going into her bedroom, Thomas still watching tv in the bed. She sees her phone got a message. She takes a look at it and sees it's Luke. It brings back so many memories of how she loved seeing messages from him. Her heart skips a beat.

She sits on the edge of the bed in her towel just looking at the message, it was as if the world stopped around her. She opens it to answer him back.

"Yes, that would be fine."She replies. Trying not to show much emotion. Not wanting to get hurt or her hopes up.

Luke sits at his desk waiting to see if she will respond, then he gets a cling and he knows it's her. He feels relief seeing she returned the message and will meet him.

"Great, I will see you at our spot. Thank you for meeting me there." Luke responds.

"No problem."She answers.

Luke sees she answers but isn't talkative or lovely. He isn't sure if it's cause Thomas is there or if she just has her walls up. He just hopes it's her that shows up this time, and not Thomas. He just knows he isn't going to let it stop him. She was going to show up and that was all that mattered. If it was Thomas he would deal with it the right way this time. Not letting him get in his way.

Alana tries not to show any emotion or anything that would make Thomas see something is going on. She is listening to Sr. and not telling him she is meeting Luke today. She had to see for herself what was there if anything. It was something she needed to do, something she needed to see and be at peace with. It's been twenty years holding everything in, playing the part she needed to play. Today was her day to be her. Either there was something or it was gone, she just needed to see for herself without any influences.

"You are getting dressed, are you going out?"Thomas asks.

"Yes, I have some pets to check up on today. I want to make sure they are ok to go home tomorrow. I also have some paperwork I want to get done. I will be gone for a bit." Alana explains.

"You really need to take a day off especially after yesterday," Thomas suggests.

"It's all fine Thomas, work, and life go on. I will be home later. You relax. We can order some dinner when I get back." Alana answers.

"Are you sure you are ok?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, I am fine. I just needed some rest."Alana states.

"If you need to talk about anything I am here, you know that right?" Thomas says.

"Of course. I think we talked about it enough last night. Let's move on for now. Let's see what happens." Alana states. "Oh, I may stop by to see Sr. from work. So if I am later than normal you know why." Alana adds.

"You seem different than last night? And that's fine, he will be happy to see you. Did he need something? You did just see him last night." Thomas comments.

"I just want to make sure he is ok from yesterday. He was pretty shaken up by your sister. I just realized to take things as they come, yesterday was a shock, I am over it now."Alana lies.

"Ok, it's nice seeing you are taking things this way. I just hope we don't have to see them again anytime soon."Thomas admits.

"Don't dwell Thomas. It is what it is." Alana says walking out of the room.

Thomas isn't sure what to think, she just did a total turnaround, acting as if seeing the love of her life, was nothing. He did know there were some points yesterday he didn't act as he should. Then how do you act in something like this? Was there a specific way to act knowing your wife just saw the man she has been pining over for twenty years? Maybe she was finally over him? Maybe seeing him with his wife and daughter set her straight?

Thomas knows, Billie being his daughter probably hurt her more than anything. It's why he never told her he knew. When he thinks about it, His daughter being their daughter-in-law would be a constant reminder, a constant hurt to her. Thomas didn't need any revenge. Luke did that all on his own without even trying.