Chapter 192

Chapter 192

Alana lays in bed trying to get some sleep, but all she does is toss and turn thinking about everything that happened tonight.

She lays there thinking how in a way Thomas set her up. He knew it was Luke, yet he kept his mouth close. What was the purpose? To see if she would tell the truth? In a way, she felt betrayed by him. He left her to face the fire without any warning. Then maybe she deserved it.

She lays there thinking about everything Sr.Said. How right he was on so many things. How he was more understanding than Thomas was. She knew Thomas was hurt from all this but he seemed cold and hurtful tonight. He really didn't offer any comfort. He just was worried about himself not even having any faith in her, after twenty years of staying.

She knows it's a big mess, the only thing worrying her at the moment is how her children would react to the truth? Would they hate her? Would it do more harm than good, to tell the truth after all this time? Would there be any point?

Maybe today she would get some answers she needed talking to Luke. Maybe together they could figure something out. She lays there wondering what he is going to say, how he feels? It's been so long, so many years, so much lost time. She replays him touching her hand to say hello, how everything was the same. Could it be after all these years? After all this pain? She can't believe she still has love for him. She knows that's not a good thing, things are still complicated and now even more so. Would there be any different than it was so long ago?

Even though Thomas acted like an ass tonight she didn't want to hurt him. It wasn't like before. Thomas was her friend, he raised Lucia. Their marriage wasn't perfect but they made it work.

She tries everything to shut her mind off, it's been a long day. Things just replay over and over. She knows it's getting her nowhere. She looks over at Thomas who has his back turned. She could use a hug about now, some comfort. She is sure so can he.

She scouts over to him and puts her arm around him.

"Thomas are you up?" She asks.

"Yes." He answers turning over. He places his arm around her, her head going on his shoulder. "Are you ok?" he asks.

"I will be. It was just a long night. A confusing one. "She admits.

"Yes for sure. I am sorry about earlier. This is just a lot to deal with. I don't want to see Lucia hurt or our son. This is overwhelming. "Thomas comments.

"I know it is. I don't want to hurt them either. I just need to think over what I want to do. What and If I want to say? "Alana confides.

"I understand you want to tell the truth but what happens to Billie and Tom's relationship when they learn they share a sibling? That you slept with her father? That he cheated on her mother? How can things ever be normal for them or for us?" Thomas states.

"God, when you put it that way, it's just so unreal. I don't want to hurt them. This is all too much. Do you really think they will get married? That we will have to be stuck like this?" Alana answers.

"I don't think our son would have made us meet them if he wasn't serious. This will have long-term effects. I think no matter how it's played out." Thomas reveals.

"I didn't want any of this," Alana says.

"I know, no one saw this coming. We are just going to have to roll with the punches. If Luke shuts up no one will know. Billie and Tom will be happy, his wife has no clue. Things go back to normal if you want them to?" Thomas asks.

"I don't think anything will be normal after this Thomas. What happens when you have to be in his company? How normal is that going to be?"Alana replies.

"I'm sure at first not very comfortable. I dislike him because he wanted you. Probably still does. I guess the outcome will be whether or not you two are really over. If you are then we just move past it, or at least try." Thomas responds.

"True." Alana comments. Not able to say anything else as she didn't even know for sure what was going to happen, how she felt. How Luke felt. Just the more she thought about it, it didn't look good.

No matter how this would go someone would get hurt. There were too many people involved. Who would have ever imagined an affair ending up like this?