Chapter 130

Chapter 130

A few months go by and It's now July, time for their family vacation down the shore. This time Thomas is taking Sr. with them as Loren is too busy taking care of Little Bobby, and leaves him alone most of the time. Loren has found a new life taking care of the little boy, which leaves Sr. on his own for most of the time.

Sr. doesn't really mind, he enjoys the quiet time alone, plus he always has Thomas to visit him and check in on him. In the few months that have past, Alana and Thomas have gotten along pretty well. Thomas doing his best to get over the things of the past. Alana trying to also let go just in other ways, knowing that Luke isn't returning, and she needs to make things work with Thomas.

Thomas also has noticed that Luke has stayed away, and took his advice. It makes him happy to see this. Thomas doesn't need the PI any longer, feeling things are normal now. Hearing about Luke's wife being pregnant helped a lot with most of his fears. He feels that Luke, will deal with that, no matter how much he really loved Alana, he would stay with his wife and raise their child. So far he wishes has come true.

He still sees at times, Alana isn't herself, she will go off and stay quiet thinking about things. He knows all of this has taken a toll on her as well as on him. He also sees all the pain Luke brought to her, was better than any revenge or anything he could say to her. Just at the same time, he can't help but feel sorry for her, knowing she didn't deserve any of this. Neither of them did, but things were moving forward, into something better. At least there was a light at the end of this shitty tunnel.

Once down the shore, they head to the beach a place that Alana loved more than anything. Thomas knows this and goes with her, wanting to spend as much family time as he can with her, his son, and even his father.

Thomas notices Sr, staring at Alana, and he doesn't know why. He just waits for the perfect time to ask.

"Thomas I am going to go get my toes wet," Alana says.

"Ok, hun. I will stay here with my father." Thomas replies.

Alana just gets up and walks to the ocean, taking a seat in the wet sand, and letting the water just wash up on her.

"Dad, what is wrong with you, you been acting weird ever since we left the hotel room," Thomas says.

"Have you taken a look at your wife's stomach?"Sr. snaps.

"She is pregnant dad, there are a lot of pregnant women on the beach."Thomas answers.

"No shit sherlock, did you notice how big your wife is already? She looks a bit bigger than she should be." Sr. responds.

"And what are you the pregnant police? She has been eating a lot with this pregnancy. Plus we found out its a girl, every pregnancy is different dad." Thomas comments.

"I don't know, your wife is a small woman, to begin with, she was huge with Tommy but that was at six months and beyond." Sr. states.

"I think you are just looking to pick on her now, everything is great and you need to stop. I told you its mine." Thomas snaps.

"I really hope you are sure about that. If I am wrong I am sorry, I know the last few months you two are getting along better. That is great, its just hard for me to look past some things. How are you dealing with this?" Sr. asks.

"I am doing good, Luke has bowed out, he isn't coming back. He is with his own wife. The PI said he went away for a few weeks to get his head together at the start of this. When he came back, he took on the role of husband and soon to be father. He snapped out of whatever it was he was in." Thomas announces.

"It wasn't bullshit, you know just the fact he had to go away to think, meant he really was having a hard time giving your wife up. I am sure you telling him, she was pregnant even made him wonder if it was his. That in a way wasn't a smart move. "Sr. says.

"Maybe not, but I don't see him here trying to figure out if it is or not." Thomas answers.

"Probably only because of his own wife. You need to think about both sides Thomas, the man was stuck in a hole, and so was your wife, but the fact still remains, they both still cared about one of another and probably still do. They are only not together due to circumstance, not because they don't want to be." Sr. admits.

"Either way it's not happening. I want to enjoy my vacation with my family, and look forward to my added family. Luke's problem is his own not mine anymore. " Thomas comments.

"I hope for your sake that is true, that he never gets the balls to come to ask about that child. You know you would and I sure the hell would."Sr. confesses.

"He wasn't even brave enough to come get her, to have sex. I read all the messages and how long it took for him to give in to this, you would think he was the woman and she was the male. He was back N forth on this from the beginning. He never really knew what he wanted. He liked the idea of her wanting him, needing him, just the reality of it, was too much for him." Thomas answers.

"That may be true, but you never know. Don't count him out, and just relax and think all is well, that is when shit hits the fan. Your wife is being good and shutting up because she is in a pickle." Sr. addresses.

"Dad, I know you mean well, but things are going good, can we just keep them that way? Do we always have to analyze things? We have been doing this shit for months and I have to admit I am tired of it." Thomas replies.

"Fine, let's think of rainbows and freaking unicorns if that makes you happy." Sr. snaps.