Chapter 185

Chapter 185

Thomas takes Sr. home from the hospital after finding out his sister will be just fine. As he gets to Sr.'s house he sees texts from Alana.

"Thomas I don't know how to explain this, or how you are going to take this, but I have to tell you something very important." Alana writes.

"What is it?" Thomas answers knowing damn well what it is.

"First how is your father? How is your sister?" Alana asks trying to clear her mind.

"They are both fine, my sister will be home tomorrow it was nothing. Just a waste of time. I am heading home, I just dropped dad off." Thomas responds.

"I'm glad it's nothing, and that everything is ok?" Alana replies.

"How was the dinner? What did you have to tell me?" Thomas comments.

"The dinner was interesting. Everything went calm and everyone got along. I just happen to know who Billie's dad is." Alana answers.

Thomas just sits in the car, thinking to himself I bet it was interesting and you know him very well....every damn inch of him. Thomas calms his nerves before texting back.

"I am glad things went well, you know him? From where the vet?" Thomas states.

Alana sits in the back of her son's car doing her best to keep herself together even though inside she is dying. She doesn't know how to say this, or what Thomas is going to say or feel. She just sees this going wrong in every way.

"Thomas what I am about to tell you is going to upset you. I really don't want to hurt you. I am so sorry. Billie's dad is Luke." Alana reveals.

Thomas sees that Alana told the truth, she didn't hide it or try to. She went straight to him as soon as she could.

"Really? How did that go?" Thomas answers coldly.

Alana is taken back a little by that response.

"It went the best it could, we acted like we didn't know each other. No one has any idea, the kids are clueless." Alana states.

"That's good. We don't need the kids knowing any of this. How did it feel seeing him after all this time?"Thomas asks.

Alana knows she can't say the truth, it would hurt Thomas and if she is honest her emotions are everywhere at this moment, she doesn't even know what to or how to feel.

"It was weird, I can't wait to go home. I'm going to stop off to see Sr. before I head home." Alana announces.

"Is there anything I should know Alana?" Thomas replies.

"No, I know we will have to talk it over more when I get home. There are so many things going through my mind. Our son is dating his daughter. I don't know if I can even get that straight in my mind. "Alana admits.

"How do you feel that he has a daughter?" Thomas says bluntly.

"I don't think anything sunk in yet. We will talk more when I am home. I am counting the minutes. I will go for now." Alana replies.

"Ok. Let me know when you get to my father's." Thomas comments.

"I will." She replies.

Alana sees that Thomas was cold to his responses. It wasn't what she thought he would say or how he would act. Then to be honest she wasn't sure how it would go. She just sits in the back of the car, staring at Billie. This was his daughter. "He had a daughter with her the same time he did with me. He was still sleeping with her." Alana says in her mind. Falling apart bit by bit.

"He stayed with her, he had a family with her and forget I existed."

As Alana is overthinking and flipping out inside herself, she goes through her purse to put her phone away and sees a white piece of paper that wasn't in her purse before.

Alana, I never thought I would see you again. I sure didn't think I would see you like this. I know it's a shock for you as well, I know there are many things we need to talk about. I know she is my daughter. She looks just like me. I need to see you, please meet me tomorrow at our spot. Please. Love Luke.

Alana reads it over and over in her mind, "Now he wants to see me?? Now he cares?"

She doesn't know what to do. She just knows she wants to see Sr. He turned into her best friend and would give her the best advice.