Chapter 100

Chapter 100

Alana goes home that evening, this time really not feeling well at all. She also knows that she needs to speak to Thomas about her going back to school since she starts next week. She dreads talking to him, feeling he always overreacts on things. And being honest with herself she really doesn't care what he thinks. She hasn't for a very long time.

She gets home, seeing Thomas already home, he has been going home early for months now being there even before Alana gets there. Doing his best to make up for all the time he lost. Also wanting to watch and see what Alana does. He knew the affair was over, but in the back of his mind, he always wondered if Luke would return. He felt if Luke felt any way she did, there was a chance of it, and it made him worry.

Thomas sees her walk in, and how pale she looks. He just stares at her.

"Alana are you ok?" Thomas asks.

"No, The leftovers we got from your father made me sick. I felt horrible all day. I did my best not to come home early and work through it." Alana states.

"I am sorry. I ate some for lunch and I was fine." Thomas replies.

"That's good, I guess it didn't agree with me. Your mother sometimes uses spices that just don't worth with my stomach." Alana says.

"Yea, I know. Take it easy tonight." Thomas responds.

"I am, I'm going to watch some tv and head to bed early." Alana answers.

"Ok, that's fine. I hope you feel better." Thomas comments.

"Thank you. There is something I need to talk to you about Thomas and I guess this is a good time." Alana says.

Thomas just looks at her, not knowing what she is going to say. Just a pit forms in his stomach hoping it's not saying she is leaving, or that she had an affair. He just takes a seat on the sofa bracing himself for whatever she has to tell him.

"Ok, what is the matter?" Thomas asks.

"Nothing really, I have just been thinking about going to Vet school. I wanted to be a Vet from when I was a little girl but I only went to Vet tech school because it was easier and faster to achieve. Just now I want more and I signed up and I start next week."Alana reveals.

Thomas breathes a sigh of relief.

"I wish you would have spoken to me before doing this. Do you have time for this? We barely see you now. How much is this going to cost?"Thomas answers.

"It's not going to cost too much, as I got a scholarship and my office gave me a grant to help me along. The doctor I work for feels I will make a wonderful Vet and is helping with a lot. Its also partly online, so the studies will be online and the operations and medical stuff with be on campus. It will be doing the day and at night online. I can do this, I want to do this. One day I want to open my own office. I think its time for me to go after my goals." Alana says.

"It seems you have this down, and nothing is going to change your mind. I know you can do it, Just please try to make our family a priority. Tommy does still need you and I would like to spend time with you." Thomas responds

"I will try," Alana replies.

Alana goes over to the sofa and takes a seat needing to lay down a bit. Thomas just sits there, thinking to himself was this a good thing or not? Her going back to school would take more hours away from their family life. He saw she had no want or desire to be with him or even their son. She wanted her own freedom and her own life. He worried once she got the degree what else was she planning? He saw that even though Luke went away things were still rocky. She now had other ideas and plans and was focusing on even opening her own vet one day.

He just sits there all night with so many things going through his mind. She was there with him, yet in reality, she really wasn't, she was still miles away in her own world and wants. What scared him most was he didn't think any of that included him.

He knew he couldn't tell her no, or stop her in this. It would make her dislike him more and only let her go against him. He had to act like a supportive husband. When in reality he hated the idea with a passion. Just for now, he would have to fake that, as well as everything else. Hoping that maybe down the road she would change her mind, or something would come up to change things. Thomas was always trying his best to keep the faith in this relationship. It was now becoming a job to just hope it would last. He had to admit he never saw this happening. At this age, he thought things would be stable, that his marriage would be solid and here it was the shakiest its ever been.