Chapter 154

Chapter 154

Sunday comes before they know it. Thomas not really looking forward to being around his father, but at the same time wanting to see his mother.

Thomas sees that Alana stays quiet on her thoughts for today, just getting dressed, and getting Lucia ready. He sees that she knows he is upset, and she is there for him. Giving him a smile, and touching his shoulder while he dresses.

"It will be ok Thomas, I know that look in your eye," Alana says.

"You know me well, It just infuriates me, about my father. I will do my best to let it go today. I want to see my mother and hear what the doctor said. I tried to ask my sister during the week but she was very vague about it, saying mom will let me know today. Just from how she was acting I don't think its a good." Thomas admits.

"Whatever it is, we will deal with it. Your mother is a strong woman." Alana answers, not sure really what to say.

"I know she is, but how much does she have to deal with? I mean I know she isn't a saint and has her own ways, but still." Thomas responds.

"Let's hear what she has to say before we go here. Once we know the real situation we can take it from there." Alana replies.

"Your right. Is Lucia and Tommy ready?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, they are both ready. Tommy has been from earlier. He said he may have to leave early, he has patients coming into the vet to get ready for tomorrow's operations." Alana says.

"He is worse them both of us, all he does is work. I never see him anymore. "Thomas comments.

"I know, he is great at his job. He has a lot going on with the job and his studies. He is focused it's a good thing. He wants a career." Alana answers.

"I know, he is driven just like we are. I just hope when he finds a relationship, he does better than I did, that he sees the importantness of things." Thomas replies.

"If he doesn't, he has us to remind him," Alana responds kissing Thomas on his forehead.

"True," Thomas comments finishing getting dressed.

Thomas's thoughts invade him, no matter how hard he tries to focus on other things. Even with Alana trying to calm him down, he just can't stop. If his mother is really sick, she will be with his sister? Did his sister really want this? Even though Loren helped with raising Nicole's son, they always didn't see eye to eye. They just happened to need each other for different reasons.

Thomas really hasn't had a serious talk with Loren, as they rarely ever saw each other. They were both off in their own worlds. It just seems that Nicole inherited their mother and Thomas was stuck with Sr. Even though he hated him at times, he was still always there when Sr. needed him or vice versa.

While he is sitting on the bed putting his shoes on, he thinks while he is at his parent's house today, it might be a good idea to talk to his sister one and one and see what she has to say about all this. Even if nothing was wrong with their mother, he would like to know what the future was going to hold, or at least have an idea.

Thomas walks downstairs seeing Tommy in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee. He just smiles to himself seeing the man he has turned into. The little boy he watched grow up, was now this tall thing young man in front of him.

"Hey Son, how are you?" Thomas asks.

"I'm good dad, a little tired from work but otherwise good. How about you?" Tommy asks.

"I'm hanging in there son. I want to thank you for coming tonight. It will mean a lot to your grandmother to see you and your sister." Thomas states.

"No problem, I haven't seen her in a while. We all seem to be too busy. It will be nice to have a family dinner, I do have to leave a little early though as I am swamped work." Tommy answers.

"I know you are, you really enjoy working at the vet with your mother don't you?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, I do. I love the animals and helping. I wish I could do more. It's also great watching mom work. She is like a totally different person there. So alive, happy, you can tell she is in her element." Tommy responds.

"Yes, I know she loves her work. I know this may sound a bit strange but, does your mother have anyone that visits her at work often? A man or anything?" Thomas asks, having his father on his mind.

"No dad, just the patients. She is very professional there. She doesn't even leave for lunch, she will eat it at the front desk and take calls." Tommy comments.

"Yes, that sounds like your mother. Thank you, son. I am going to get the car, so we can leave. " Thomas says.

Thomas knew asking that question was a dumb one but he just had to. It always stayed in the back of his mind, and his father's infidelities just brought it out more. Did Luke ever go see Alana? Was it really over? Then he knew it was all in his own head, and he needed to stop. It was eleven years later, they had it good. Alana wasn't his father in any way, just Thomas knew her love for Luke, never died, it never would. It's just something he dealt with all these years.