Chapter 83

Chapter 83

Mr.Duggan starts following Alana right away, at first just seeing she is just getting up, going to work, and heading home. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. If he is honest, it's quite boring to say the least. He just sits in his car, watching her at the Vet office, seeing the people go in and out like every regular vet. He sees she goes down the street to get lunch for her and Judy but that seems to be the highlight of the day.

From Monday to Wednesday everything is quiet to the point that Mr. Duggan doesn't even think she is doing anything. That may be Thomas's intention is off. Then he knows from past experience if you think something is happening most likely it is.

He gets her phone records and nothing is out of the ordinary there either. No new numbers, no excessive calls. That to him doesn't mean nothing is going on, it just means she is using another application to talk to someone.

He follows her Facebook page, seeing she doesn't sign on, or more less she has taken off when you can see when she is on and off. As he sees she will post something but it will state she isn't online. he sees that as a red flag. She doesn't want anyone knowing of her comings or goings or how much time she is spending on Facebook. She could be messaging the person through there.

Mr. Duggan calls Thomas as he is sitting in the car watching every move.

"Hey, did you find out anything?" Thomas asks.

"No, I haven't seen anything in person out of the ordinary but your wife's Facebook tells a little bit. She seems to have taken off when you can see her on and off. Do you happen to have your password or an idea of what it would be?" Mr. Duggan asks.

"No, not really she doesn't share all that with me. I do see her on it a lot when she is home, but more the messager. She said its clients from work asking questions about their pets." Thomas answers.

"Ok, I will hack into that and see what I can find. So far nothing in person. She goes to work and at home. She is pretty boring and noneventful, but it's only been three days. I will keep watching and let you know what I find." Mr. Duggan states.

"Thank you, make sure you watch more tomorrow. She stays late at work on Thursdays." Thomas reveals.

"That is good to know, I will let you know." Mr. Duggan says.

Thomas is a little relieved but not by much, knowing that on Thursday she always tried to make sure she could work late. He was glad that if something was going on it wasn't every day and every minute. Then Mr. Duggan bringing up Facebook and Messenger it just made him think about all the times he caught her on there. It was more at the beginning of the year than now, but now she had her own room and he couldn't see as much as before. She blocked him in more than one way. This just made him worry more. He knew it wasn't just his overthinking, there was something taking place. He just had to be patient and see what Mr. Duggan would find out tomorrow. If there wasn't anything, maybe it was over? he could home anyway.

For Alana she has no idea what is going on, she is living in her own world. Going to work, and talking to Luke at night, while she lays in bed. They still were seeing each other but regular life was getting in the way at times.

"Hey baby," Luke says.

"Hey, I can't wait till tomorrow. I miss you so much." Alana states.

"Same, Am I meeting you at the corner?" Luke asks.

"No, Judy is leaving early tomorrow she has some school function to go to. You can come straight to the Vet Office. I will leave the door open for you. It will just be us." Alana answers.

"Sounds good, maybe we can use the Vet office, it may be better than the car." Luke laughs.

"You dirty boy, but yes I was thinking the same thing." Alana laughs in return.

"I wasn't being dirty alone. After we can go out to dinner, and spend some time together" Luke comments.

"That sounds great." Alana says.

"How is Thomas doing by the way?" Luke asks.

"He is ok, he is taking us out to dinner on Friday. He spends a lot more time at home. He and Tommy have been spending a lot of time together." Alana replies.

"That is a great thing. I am sure our son is enjoying that. What about you?" Luke asks.

"Tommy loves it, for me, he is more in the way but I am trying to keep the peace." Alana responds.

"Are you sure you don't have any feelings towards him?" Luke says.

"No, not like he would like. I have no sexual desire towards him. I just see him as the father of my child." Alana replies.

"That isn't very good for him. I am glad things have calmed down though, and that its peaceful for you." Luke comments.

"What about you?" Alana asks.

"Whitney is trying a bit more. We spend more time together, its why I can't talk to you as much as before. She is around, we eat dinner together and watch tv at night when she is. I think she sees she was pushing me away." Luke answers.

Alana doesn't really know what to answer, it hurts her to see him with her.

"I guess that is nice." She says.

"I know this is hard, we knew it would be," Luke responds.

"Yes I know, I just didn't know my feelings would be this strong for you," Alana admits.

"I understand same here. Sometimes I feel I am cheating on you when I am with her and vice versa." Luke confesses.

"It does get uncomfortable at times. Even I feel bad for Thomas." Alana admits.

"You are only human, of course, you do. If you want to stop we can?" Luke asks.

"No, you would let go just like that? " Alana snaps.

"I don't want you, but sooner or later something is going to have to give. The double life isn't as easy as we thought it would be."Luke responds.

"Let's just enjoy what we have. I don't want to think about this being over." Alana states.

"I don't either," Luke replies.