Chapter 101

Chapter 101

A few days go by, Alana isn't feeling well still but she doesn't let that stop her at all. She is getting all ready to start school. It's Sunday and Tomorrow starts her first day. It will only be online but she still can't wait to start. It gives her something to look forward to.

There are times she thinks of Luke wanting to tell him everything that is going on, missing everything she always shared with him. It hurts her deeply she just pushes past it, knowing he doesn't want that with her anymore. He made his choice, and it was over. It just didn't stop her from seeing him in everything she did, everywhere she went. Part of him would be with her forever no matter how old she would get or how much time would pass. Inside her heart, he would always be the one. At the same time, she knows she has to be strong and go on with her life.

She gets herself ready for Sunday dinner, knowing she has to put on a show for just a bit longer. Now that Loren was at Nicole's it was much better and Sunday dinners were calmer. She didn't even mind going there as it wasn't as long, and Sr. seemed a bit different in things. He seems calmer with her gone as well. Even happier in away.

Once done she goes downstairs seeing Thomas is waiting for her. He is happy to see she goes every Sunday like she used to. It makes him feel at least she stayed the same in one thing. They get into the car and go. Alana still doesn't talk very much, as she really doesn't have much to say at all to Thomas.

They get to Sr.s and Alana says hi going into the kitchen to get the dishes and everything ready for dinner. She now took on that role since Loren was gone. It also gave Thomas and Sr. there alone time that they needed.

"How have things been?" Sr. asks.

"Ok, I guess. There is a new problem in the way now." Thomas states.

"What might that be?" Sr. asks. "Please don't tell me he came back?" Sr. adds

"No, not at the moment. She went and sign up to become a Vet. She is going to school. Even wants to open her own Vet." Thomas comments.

"Where does that leave you?" Sr. asks.

"I have no idea. So far she hasn't said she was leaving, but from what she was saying she is more focused on that than anything else. This might be worse than the affair." Thomas responds.

"Well, not really, it will take time for her to get the degree. Maybe if you show you are there for her in the meantime and work with her, she may stick around. This is something your going to have to work for Thomas. The feelings she used to have for you seem to be long gone, and it's going to take a bit to get them back if you can do so." Sr. admits.

"I see this. I wasn't that terrible of a husband for her to do all this. I made mistakes but Christ, give me a break. I am doing my best now even covering up her whorish ways." Thomas snaps.

"Don't let her hear that it won't go over very well. You need to keep that whorish shit to yourself. Its what got you in this." Sr. comments.

"Whatever, sometimes I wonder if it's even worth saving. All the shit she has been doing lately. Who the hell would put up with it? The pictures she sent to him! OF her body, the things she said to him, what she wanted to do to him???? What she let him do to her??? It makes me sick to my stomach!" Thomas snarls.

"I will admit none of that was a good thing, it was nasty. You choose to let it to, now do so. If you want this to work you can't focus on all that, or you will hate her and this will go nowhere. First, you do have to ask yourself can you get over all that? Can you forgive? Forget? It's a lot to do both." Sr. states.

"I have been trying, just as you said it's a lot. There are times I just want to shake her and ask her why? How?" Thomas admits.

"Maybe you two should try therapy?" Sr. suggests.

"How can I do that when neither of us would be exactly honest there. She isn't going to admit to the affair and I am not supposed to know about it. If we lie its not going to help us much." Thomas answers.

"True, maybe she would come clean? If she did it might actually help you heal." Sr. comments.

"Maybe, maybe not. If she would it would only make me admit how I really feel about it all. I would say things she would hate me for even more. No matter which way I go on this, I get nowhere but hurt. It's all bullshit if you ask me." Thomas replies.

"Welcome to marriage. There is good with the bad, some have regular issues and some have major ones. Can you withstand it? Or cave? Being with someone for many years is hard, things change, feelings change. Some grow to love each other more, and some grow apart. Some stay and some go. If you want it to work, your going to have to give it all you got, if your not willing, then let go now." Sr. answers.

"I am willing, I put too many years into this, to just walk away Dad," Thomas responds.

"Then your going to have to deal with it." Sr. says.